+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Very Stange Incident After 'Decission Made'!! :o

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
RB_Ramon said:
Hello everyone,

Last night i came to know that someone I know has a distant relative that is a Canadian citizen working at something like a first secretary (IFS) level for the Canadian government at the CHC New Delhi.

1) Do you think if i ask this person to help for tracking/pushing my case it would be useful? and if so what do i ask him?
2)Can it cause a negative impression about me and my case to my visa officer if this person asks about my case? (I think the immigration dept works independently,just guessing)

There is a very MASSSSIVE obligation that i will have to undergo if i ask for this favor to him. Although My first preference is to hope i get visa without this favor as i like to do things without obligations. But.........

Thanks and Please advise,
DONT DO THIS JUST WAIT AND RELAX U WILL GET PR AT ANY COST.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
RB_Ramon said:
Hello everyone,

Last night i came to know that someone I know has a distant relative that is a Canadian citizen working at something like a first secretary (IFS) level for the Canadian government at the CHC New Delhi.

1) Do you think if i ask this person to help for tracking/pushing my case it would be useful? and if so what do i ask him?
2)Can it cause a negative impression about me and my case to my visa officer if this person asks about my case? (I think the immigration dept works independently,just guessing)

There is a very MASSSSIVE obligation that i will have to undergo if i ask for this favor to him. Although My first preference is to hope i get visa without this favor as i like to do things without obligations. But.........

Thanks and Please advise,
I won't advice you take this route. NDVO has already doubted your integrity once (wrongfully so), the last thing you want to do is to give them another ground to doubt you the second time. Instigating an 'insider' might be seen as underhand and manipulative. You are so close now, hold your cool and you'll be home and dry in no time. Did you get a confirmation email/letter from the British council confirming the clarification? If you did and you haven't heard back from NDVO in a few weeks, you can send a written CSE by post,attaching BC's letter as a proof that the initial concerned had been cleared by BC (keep a copy for reference).

Whatever you do, be above board, you'll be ok.

All the best.

9j

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the advise and i'd like you all to know that i'm not going to take this favor from this person. You are right . It's just not required.
Also my ielts thing is 100% resolved as of 12-April(20 day ago) and i have a conformation mail from BC.

Anyways,

I visited the CHC today and submitted a Inquiry letter in person. They did not let me meet someone from inside but assured me that they will deliver the letter along with the other couriers for the day.
Also worth mentioning. One of the guards there was very friendly and gave me some advise.
-He said that it isn't common but there are times when cases get delayed for no reason based on what he saw. He said the best thing to do is keep mailing them on a daily basis without feeling guilty. That is an effective way of getting answers most of the times.

Well as far as i'm concerned i'm not going to do that but i did mail them in addition to to the letter delivered today.

Also i heard somewhere very recently that a guy in my situation also went to the chc last week and did manage to meet someone and was able to receive his passport there itself after some convincing. Does any one of you know about this?

Regards,

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Congrats on issue being resolved. I see no point in taking any legal action against British Council. Just let it go and pray for yourself that you get your visa which is your ultimate goal. Good luck. Thanks
Did you use old photo in IELTS ?

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
@ aquib,

The photographs where 2-3 years old. But there was very little difference in those pics. Maybe hairstyle was different. Anyways the ielts issue is clear and over long time back.

reagrds,

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
STATUS UPDATE:

My e-cas has finally shown the Canadian address a few minutes back. So i guess it is true that your e-cas can be updated anytime and not just on Tuesday's. I'm sure this is a positive sign.

Somehow I have a feeling that my wait is going to be over soon. (Hopefully this week)

Regards,

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
RB_Ramon said:
STATUS UPDATE:

My e-cas has finally shown the Canadian address a few minutes back. So i guess it is true that your e-cas can be updated anytime and not just on Tuesday's. I'm sure this is a positive sign.

Somehow I have a feeling that my wait is going to be over soon. (Hopefully this week)

Regards,

Wow great news bro now your will come true very very soon wish you great life bro......GOD NLESS ALL

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
RB_Ramon said:
@ aquib,

The photographs where 2-3 years old. But there was very little difference in those pics. Maybe hairstyle was different. Anyways the ielts issue is clear and over long time back.

reagrds,
I know Brit Council is different from CIC, but as far as immigration is concerned, pictures are supposed to be less than 6 months old.
So glad to hear this stressful situation was resolved and look forward to raising a toast to celebrate your Maple Leaves at the Cocknbull & Pippin VERY SOON!

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
@dudeGurat,

Thanks friend. Hope to soon hear of some good news from your side too.

@Pippin,

"Cocknbill & Pippin" ...ja ja ja. Yes my friend sounds like an amazing pubs name. We shall party soon buddy. Just glad all this seems to have ended now. Those people at CHC kept giving me good new in installments-----First it was DM then a line in the dm status and then a few days later the Canadian address. Phew. it's already been well over a month after DM and man what a ride it has been!
But all good for now......

Cheers. Hope to update with the big new soon.

manish26264

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2012
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
23-03-2012 : RPRF encashed on 19-04-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012 : ECAS changed on 19-04-2012 - Medical Received
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
As early as possible
Congrates RB_Ramon.

and best wishes for your future in Canada.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
And finally my Friends,

It's time to update this very strange thing to a very beautiful thing. Today i have received my passport with copr and docs submitted.
Details:
Visa stamp date: 03-May 12
Valid till: 03-Feb-12( As per medical 1 year validity i guess) rest info in my profile badge (let me know if i need to fill something more)

Thank you all for the support and the motivation. In all it's taken a little over 10 months from start and i must say i am so privileged as there are so many deserving candidates waiting for longer than me but CHC is playing with their time. My prayers for you friends. My desire is to establish myself in snowland and meet with as many of you guys and laugh this ordeal off over drinks/coffee. May the man/women above make your dreams come true soon.

Regards and your sincerely,
RB Ramon.
Chjeers

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
RB_Ramon said:
And finally my Friends,

It's time to update this very strange thing to a very beautiful thing. Today i have received my passport with copr and docs submitted.
Details:
Visa stamp date: 03-May 12
Valid till: 03-Feb-12( As per medical 1 year validity i guess) rest info in my profile badge (let me know if i need to fill something more)

Thank you all for the support and the motivation. In all it's taken a little over 10 months from start and i must say i am so privileged as there are so many deserving candidates waiting for longer than me but CHC is playing with their time. My prayers for you friends. My desire is to establish myself in snowland and meet with as many of you guys and laugh this ordeal off over drinks/coffee. May the man/women above make your dreams come true soon.

Regards and your sincerely,
RB Ramon.
Chjeers

What is ECAS showing now , does it has Indian address or updated to Ca address .

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Dear Aquib,

What no congratulations????? (Just kidding my friend, I'm sure you are happy for me)

The e-cas was updated with Canadian address on This Sunday as i updated with a few posts above this one. AND Have faith in the lord/Allah my friend your day will come soon too.

Regards,

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
CORRECTION*

Visa valid till 03 -feb 13 and not 03 feb- 12.

Also once again this is the list of docs Received if any one is Curious:

1) Passports with visa ( obviously) It will have visa type - IMIGRANT, your name and validity of 1 year from medicals. Please note the visa does not have any picture. Just text (i think the new visa has a little less maple on it. Wink )

2) COPR Document ( Single large A4 size page with photocopy): In it will be the same details as above and also there might be a clause if there is any condition. Your medical score. A very clumsily pasted photo of the applicant and a section below for landing officer to fill when you land.

3) A few pages of important info that you need to know. This is the same for everyone and most of the info there is already available on this forum.

4) All your original docs ( Work letters, salary slips, ielts TRF etc)

5) The receipt for your draft encashment if they haven't sent it already.

Yup that's all in one big yellow envelope that you will get.

Hope this helped.

Regards,
Ramon