+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a SINGLE POLICE CAUTION OF SHOPLIFTING/THEFT OF 40.40 POUNDS -NEED CANADA VIS

CRY

Apr 21, 2011
I am crying really need help...i am ashian right now staying in london on work permit my age is 32 and have decent job and education, dut to one unfortunate event i recently got police caution - of shoplifting/theft 40.40 pounds. all my life i have never been in such trouble i went with intent to exchange of cloths but did not like other option so i bought few new one and when i was coming back security staff asked me to show the receit i showed him recipt as i did not had receipt of 2 cloths which i went for exchange-as store posses policy that for exchange receipt is not required. when i was trying to explain him he got angry and called police even i tried to explain police but as he called police , police considered him true and gave me caution- but no panelty.in uk police caution are not considered criminal convictions but they keep such things on police record. its like warning dont do it again from police. though i was innocent but did not had courage and fight i accepted caution as i !
wanted to get out of the matter.
please advice is this mean i am inaddisible to canada. or i will be able to get visa as this considered as minor offence and my past is clean.

I want ATLEAST visitor visa can i get that for canada I AM NOT ABLE TO SLEEP THAN I AM INTO DEPRESSION PLS ADVICE CAN I GET VISITOR VISA FOR CANADA

jaysainath

Apr 12, 2013
Can any one reply and help out Pls. Many PPL Seems to be wondering and tensed weather they will get visa after uk policce caution for shoplifting/theft .....if any one who has got or refused share about it will increase awareness and one can take informed decisions so kindly share your exepriece

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know how effective are small claims court in England but you can try to take the store owner or security guard to small claims court.

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Go to the doctor, tell him your depression problems, tell him you cant sleep at nights, your are having work related problems and personal problems, headache, migrane, drowsiness, girlfriend/wife left you, your kids hate you (if you have any). This incident had a direct impact on your personal life
2. Go to a psychologist, remember your must behave in a way so that the psychologist certifies that you are mentally unstable
3. Go to a good lawyer, explain to him your situation and let him take over

Have the store owner pay you and your lawyer for out of court settlement, share the spoils of war, have them withdraw police record and then you are a free man. Life is too short to be stressed out all the time. Chill and enjoy yaar

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you had 2 items to exchange, it means you entered the store carrying them in a bag right? I think you should fight the charge. See a lawyer and find out whether they can request footage from that day. Stores lose a lot of money from shoplifting and I think sometimes security is a bit overzealous. So sorry this happened to you.

The only way to know is to apply for the visa. Even without a charge, people can be denied. Unfortunately, you would have to answer "Yes" to the question asking if you have ever been charged with a crime and then explain.

jaysainath

Apr 12, 2013
if any once would have got visa in similar situation can help other in keeping hope and increase awareness.... so pls guys help out cry....if have some info pls share it...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The mistake the OP made was in accepting the Police Caution. By doing so, you admit the offence and then have no recourse. See https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

Cautions
Cautions are given to adults aged 18 or over for minor crimes - eg writing graffiti on a bus shelter.

You have to admit an offence and agree to be cautioned. If you don’t agree, you can be arrested and charged.

A caution is not a criminal conviction, but it could be used as evidence of bad character if you go to court for another crime.
There is nothing more that can be done.

You will just have to apply for the visa and see if it's granted. Personally, I see no reason why it would be blocked by this issue alone.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
newtone said:
I dont know how effective are small claims court in England but you can try to take the store owner or security guard to small claims court.

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Go to the doctor, tell him your depression problems, tell him you cant sleep at nights, your are having work related problems and personal problems, headache, migrane, drowsiness, girlfriend/wife left you, your kids hate you (if you have any). This incident had a direct impact on your personal life
2. Go to a psychologist, remember your must behave in a way so that the psychologist certifies that you are mentally unstable
3. Go to a good lawyer, explain to him your situation and let him take over

Have the store owner pay you and your lawyer for out of court settlement, share the spoils of war, have them withdraw police record and then you are a free man. Life is too short to be stressed out all the time. Chill and enjoy yaar
You can't use the "Small Claims Court" like this. It's not what it was designed for.
You would have to sue the store only in a another civil court proceeding. You probably cannot go after the security guard as he was an employee of the store and would be covered by them as he was performing his job, however badly.

jaysainath

Apr 12, 2013
at times in life though one is not at much fault has to pay price for life... it was unfair one step to just get out of matter as I was feeling humiliated and was evenn not told implication of caution ...police told me if you ask for lawyer it will take time caution is nothing but slap on wrist dont do it agian....they misguided me and was not aware of rules implication i thought saying sorring and getting out of this would easy option but now repenting why did i accept somehting which i have not done.. if god is there exisiting he should see my innocense and humiliatin for no reason and help me out...:(