+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th draw date

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
HB.Agenda2 said:
Hello friends... besides me who thinks there is going to be a draw next Friday? The last Friday of May.... we could see the cut off score fall below 500 again...
Yes, we may have another draw on 29th as well considering the fact that there were 2 draws every month in the past. But i doubt if the scores would drop below 500 at the moment. It may take 2 or 3 draws before that. :( or if the number of invitations in the next draw stays above 1300+ again we may see the scores drop, but otherwise highly unlikely.

atmtaatmta

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
sensay said:
This was a test that i did after seeing the results of 9th draw..Tried this on CIC's CRS calculator
You are doing it wrong.
Imagine a 45-year university professor, who has been invited to teach students in Canada.
He is married of course.
Age - 45 — 0 points
Education - Ph.D, no ECA (why bother?) — 0 points
Language - CLB 8 — 88 points
Canadian work experience - 1 year (to be eligible for CEC) — 35 points
Foreign Work Experience - 15 years — 0 points
Spouse - no ECA, no IELTS (why bother?)
Bonus points:
Language + Work expeience — 25 points
Foreign + Canadian work experience — 25 points
Sums up to 173.

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
abhii said:
9th draw done:
1361 invitees and 755 minimum score.

Don't understand the system. 755 minimum score means a candidate has a job offer letter or PNP for which they earn 600 points and if we minus 600 points from 755 i.e. 755-600 = 155.

So with 155 basic points, how can a candidate is eligible for FSW or PNP?

Has any one got the clue about it?

Deliberately contrary to what we beleived. Ironical. Isn't it?? Hey what matters to CIC is a job offer (Reason to stay in canada) not our scores...

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erable_rouge said:
God knows, what kind of 'skilled labour' Canada wants to attract. They currently seem to be inviting people with no language skills, or sufficient academic credentials. A PNP or 'valid jib offer' is all that most of the invitees possess.
The kind that has the skills required/needed by Canadian employers, as evidenced by the fact they have successfully obtained an LMIA, perhaps?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Lammawitch said:
The kind that has the skills required/needed by Canadian employers, as evidenced by the fact they have successfully obtained an LMIA, perhaps?
the immigration process has been highjacked by many rogue consultants. Most LMIAs are given in the food service category, where employers somehow dearth of labour and appoint people as 'food service supervisors' or even managers. Many of such 'supervisors' and 'managers' cannot speak even basic English and obviously possess dubious academic credentials. A CRS of 155+600 explains everything.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
erable_rouge said:
the immigration process has been highjacked by many rogue consultants. Most LMIAs are given in the food service category, where employers somehow dearth of labour and appoint people as 'food service supervisors' or even managers. Many of such 'supervisors' and 'managers' cannot speak even basic English and obviously possess dubious academic credentials. A CRS of 155+600 explains everything.
I agree, to sum up the 9th draw, consultants finally got a grip on how EE works and they found new ways to manipulate the system.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
erable_rouge said:
You forget that regardless of having earned the 600 points each applicant has to meet the requirements for their respective programs. An ITA does not equal PR. Requirements such as ECA, IELTS etc still applies if applying under FSW so please stop spreading incorrect information. In truth and fact, the food service sector is the hardest to get LMIA because unemployment needs to be below a certain threshold and the employer can only hire no more than ten foreign workers etc among many other restrictions.If someone has a genuine job offer they deserve to get to Canada sooner since employers have gone through the process of proving why they are needed in Canada. Besides, food can't serve itself.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
You forget that regardless of having earned the 600 points each applicant has to meet the requirements for their respective programs. An ITA does not equal PR. Requirements such as ECA, IELTS etc still applies if applying under FSW so please stop spreading incorrect information. In truth and fact, the food service sector is the hardest to get LMIA because unemployment needs to be below a certain threshold and the employer can only hire no more than ten foreign workers etc among many other restrictions.If someone has a genuine job offer they deserve to get to Canada sooner since employers have gone through the process of proving why they are needed in Canada. Besides, food can't serve itself.
+1. Very well-expressed.

I think the OP will also find that the statistics do not support his/her opinion.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
ButterflyChemist: Like +1

When I read thro' PNP websites for any province, it stated the candidate must succeed in scoring 67/100 basic points to apply thro' FSWP EE.
A candidate with 155 points, don't think can qualify this way.

But I still couldn't see the 9th draw listed in the CIC website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
HB.Agenda2 said:
Hello friends... besides me who thinks there is going to be a draw next Friday? The last Friday of May.... we could see the cut off score fall below 500 again...
Yah!! i think so too, if i am right! they have always done 2 draws a month. and this is the most unusual one so lest wait and see... :-[ its gona be a long ride :(

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
I believe there'll be another draw next friday based upon previous patterns. Hopefully the points will although hard to see them dropping all the way down to the 450 mark in a week. I'm at 535 points not optimistic for my chances next friday, hopefully come june points will start dropping down to the low 400's and even below

PIERRE_KALEEL

Oct 25, 2014
I'm just trying to figure out how many immigrants they really need.
They have announced that they are going to welcome 265 to 280 thousand. However, Apparently, according to the draw history, they are going to welcome only 20 thousand. Most of them whom have job offer. :(

PIERRE_KALEEL

Oct 25, 2014
You guys are talking so far from the dilemma.
The point is, if they will qualify around 2000 every month, we will have 24000 only.
What about the 265000 - 280000

Are they dreaming?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
PIERRE_KALEEL said:
I'm just trying to figure out how many immigrants they really need.
They have announced that they are going to welcome 265 to 280 thousand. However, Apparently, according to the draw history, they are going to welcome only 20 thousand. Most of them whom have job offer. :(

S**t
280,000 is the total number of immigrants in one particular year, from all the programs not just express entry.
Last year they took 25000 FSW and 8000 CEC. So expect ITAs to fall under 35k.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pls check below post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-all-those-who-criticize-lmia-pnp-t295938.0.html

sensay said:
This was a test that i did after seeing the results of 9th draw..Tried this on CIC's CRS calculator

Say a person who got 755 points means 155 points apart from 600 points of LMAI or PNP.

Marital Status : married
Common Law Partner : Non-Canadian

Spouse coming with you : Yes

Age you got ITA : 45 years or more

Highest level of education :

One year program at a university/trade school

Official Languages :

6 as Ielts Band

Second language : N/A

Canadian Experience : None

Foreign Skilled Experience : 1 Year

Canadian Education : No

Job supported by LMIA : NO [THIS HAD TO BE CANCELLED JUST TO CHECK FOR THIS EXPERIMENT]

Nomination from province or territory : No

Highest Level of spouse education : Secondary Diploma

Spouse's skilled experience : None

Spouse's Ielts Band : 6

And this fetches 195 points

Now someone who got LMIA or PNP with this comes to 600+195 = 795 means qualified in this draw.

Congrats to those who got invited. I didnt mean to disrespect anyone..just for utter curiosity wanted to check how can someone get a low score of 155..unfortunately i couldnt. ::)