+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 Months after LPP and still no oath invite

El Caballero

May 28, 2024
I applied for citizenship in September of 2021. My LPP was competed 6 months ago, I am yet to receive the oath invite. I have called them several times, contacted my MP, submitted web forms, requested the notes; it is always the same generic response of "your application is still in progress."

I have contemplated on filing a mandamus.

Mississauga office.

• Sad
Reactions: Alalac

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied for citizenship in September of 2021. My LPP was competed 6 months ago, I am yet to receive the oath invite. I have called them several times, contacted my MP, submitted web forms, requested the notes; it is always the same generic response of "your application is still in progress."

Mississauga office.
Did you ever email to the oath email address of your processing office?

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
I have applied well after you, but I’ve also been waiting for oath for 6 months. LPP completed on November 29, 2023. I get the same generic response everytime and I don’t know what to think anymore. Have you requested GCMS notes?

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
I got LPP in September 2023 and just yesterday i got aoth scheduled. That makes 8 months of waiting in uncertainty and tense. I wish you get your invitation soon. And i also wish that IRCC to have more transparency.

Mississauga office.

El Caballero

May 28, 2024
I have applied well after you, but I’ve also been waiting for oath for 6 months. LPP completed on November 29, 2023. I get the same generic response everytime and I don’t know what to think anymore. Have you requested GCMS notes?
Is your processing office Mississauga as well?

El Caballero

May 28, 2024
I got LPP in September 2023 and just yesterday i got aoth scheduled. That makes 8 months of waiting in uncertainty and tense. I wish you get your invitation soon. And i also wish that IRCC to have more transparency.
Hello, thank you for the message. And congratulations on getting the oath invite.
I agree with you in that there's no transparency. They just keep jerking applicants around by saying the same generic thing of your application is still in progress/process.

Reactions: vmax12

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024

Mississauga office.
Is your processing office Mississauga as well?

Scarborough