+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4MB upload file size limit not enough for all passports

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have to upload four passports. I only scanned the parts required by the instructions (including all visas and in/out stamp markings). However, this hits the 4MB upload limit and I cannot upload several files.

Can someone please recommend a workaround?

Thank you very much in advance

arch_e

May 11, 2015
You could try compressing the file . There are bunch of free websites that would do that for free. Works like a charm !!

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
dan_and said:
Try this:
Thanks a lot guys. I actually already tried this -- I have six passports' worth of uploads so there is no way to keep it below 4MB even after compressing.

Would be great to hear from someone in a similar situation.

P.Udayanga

May 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thoreau911 said:
Thanks a lot guys. I actually already tried this -- I have six passports' worth of uploads so there is no way to keep it below 4MB even after compressing.

Would be great to hear from someone in a similar situation.
Start upload with latest one, and write a letter of explanation. If they want all then they will ask additional details from you. But I'm not sure this method, just I geuss.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
try upload as much as you can going from the latest. and in the letter of explanation, write about the remaining passport, scan and add to that pdf file.

evand

Mar 21, 2015
So with Acrobat Pro, I got 8 pages of my passport down to 0.6 MB. Maybe that would be enough compression for you. You can get a 30-day free trial of Acrobat Pro from Adobe.

In Acrobat, first do Edit -> Preflight. This will bring up a bunch of actions you can run on your PDF. Do "Convert to grayscale" then "Downsample image resolution to 150 ppi". You'll have to save a new copy of your file after each preflight step.

Then, do File -> Save As -> Reduced Size PDF.

You'll want to look over your PDF and make sure that the text and passport pictures are still legible.

gecordon

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
thoreau911 said:
Hello everyone,

I have to upload four passports. I only scanned the parts required by the instructions (including all visas and in/out stamp markings). However, this hits the 4MB upload limit and I cannot upload several files.

Can someone please recommend a workaround?

Thank you very much in advance
Acrobat Pro