Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Pitlord said:
Worse case scenario

Last draw 470, dropped by 2 points with 2400 itas.
25% lmia 600itas, 25% pnp 600itas, 50% between 470-472 1200itas.

That makes me think that there is about 400itas per 1 point.

This time threshold is shifted to 485 to 500 with 2400 itas.
25%pnp 600itas, lmia 0%, 75% rest in the pool or about 1800 itas.
1800 / 400 per point = 4.5 points drop.
It cannot go under 480 today.

Lmia people cannot lose points. They either get 600 or not. So there will be no drop in cut off because of lmia change.
Any thoughts?
Why LMIA 0% ? :D
Fot some people 50 points is enough for ITA, it's less than before for sure, but it's still points.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I don't think there will be a draw today. Here's my reasoning:

When they put out the notice for the changes on November 19th it says the following:
All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp
Also on the login page to access the mycic accounts they still have the following note:
Note: Some users of Express Entry are experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the matter and thank you for your patience

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Therefore there won't be a draw today, since they are not confident that all the points have been updated. :'(

The wait continues guys!

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
jack_is_jack said:
Why LMIA 0% ? :D
Fot some people 50 points is enough for ITA, it's less than before for sure, but it's still points.
I believe that lmia is hard to get and that international students are not even trying it any longer. Applicants who need lmia are below 450 and this 20 lmia points award will not change anything in this draw

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:

When they put out the notice for the changes on November 19th it says the following:
Also on the login page to access the mycic accounts they still have the following note:
Therefore there won't be a draw today, since they are not confident that all the points have been updated. :'(

The wait continues guys!
Makes sense.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Pitlord said:
I believe that lmia is hard to get and that international students are not even trying it any longer. Applicants who need lmia are below 450 and this 20 lmia points award will not change anything in this draw
I am waiting on LMIA now with 451 points in EE.
(LMIA gives 50 points, not 20)

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:

The wait continues guys!
That doesn't make sense to me though. Yes, people have had difficulty submitting their profiles but the issue has been sorted. I would like to think there are more than enough people above 470 for them to make a draw. Unless a lot of people are still encountering the problem, there should be (or should have been) a draw today.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
jsingh17 said:
That doesn't make sense to me though. Yes, people have had difficulty submitting their profiles but the issue has been sorted. I would like to think there are more than enough people above 470 for them to make a draw. Unless a lot of people are still encountering the problem, there should be (or should have been) a draw today.
Well if there was a negligible amount of people facing that problem the notice at the login page will be taken down. I'm just speculating that having the note saying people are having difficulties updating their points, and the notice flat out says that all points will be updated before the next draw means they won't make a draw until they fix the problems first.

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
jack_is_jack said:
I am waiting on LMIA now with 451 points in EE.
(LMIA gives 50 points, not 20)
My bad. I meant 50. For some reason I typed 20. My mistake.

Point I tried to make is that lmia is not important to 99% out of 60 000 applicants in the pool. There are for sure some, like you, who are pursuing it but minority.
LMIA will not impact the cut off score anymore

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Well if there was a negligible amount of people facing that problem the notice at the login page will be taken down. I'm just speculating that having the note saying people are having difficulties updating their points, and the notice flat out says that all points will be updated before the next draw means they won't make a draw until they fix the problems first.
hm Maybe! Worst case scenario is that we might have to wait another week for the draw. ???

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's not fair if people miss out the ITA due to technical difficulties .. al though they may have enough people to invite they should consider everyone .. so it makes sense to delay the draw ..

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
BTW, I noticed that you are waiting for Pre-screen approval. I just received mine today but I'm not sure if I should go ahead with paper-based PNP. The process is painfully slow.