+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

36 days passed, still not received my passport from L.A consulate

maplejason

Nov 27, 2013
Hi, everyone

I applied my visitor visa in-person on Oct 25th, 2013 in L.A consulate, but 36 days passed, i still have not received my passport. The CIC website shows that there are 32 days to process the visitor visa, and also the reception of the L.A consulate told us the processing time would be less than a month. I am worried about my visa, so I sent 3 emails to the consulate, also nothing comes back. Can any1 share their timeline for me? :'(

Thank you

SSMON

Nov 26, 2013
Re: 34 days passed, still not received my passport from L.A consulate

I applied through mail to LA consulate on Oct 15th and it reached their office on Oct 17th.
Cashier's cheque encashed on 6th Nov. I am yet to receive my passport back.
Please share when you have any updates.
Anyone applied for TRV visa through mail or inperson to LA office in Oct 2013? Please share the timeline or processing time.

maplejason

Nov 27, 2013
Re: 34 days passed, still not received my passport from L.A consulate

my timeline:

Otc 25th, 2013 in-person

Nov 7th, 2013 money order cashed out

still waiting.....

SSMON

Nov 26, 2013
Hello Jason,
Do you think we will receive our passports this week? how are you planning to handle this situation?
:'(

am281783

Dec 6, 2013
I am in similar situation as you are

Application received -- Nov 1

As of now 35 days have passed..and on Dec 15th i have travel plans for canada....wondering if i need to cancel my trip :mad:

maplejason

Nov 27, 2013
Hi,

I finally got my visa status on usps tracking page , they has sent it today, I hope I will get it on next Monday.

Total waiting 44 days.

I hope you will get your visa soon

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
Hi,
Did you get any message online from CIC that your passport was shipped?
I forgot to record the tracking no., so I cant track. But there is no message from CIC for me and I have a trip to Canada next week too...
maplejason said:
Hi,

I finally got my visa status on usps tracking page , they has sent it today, I hope I will get it on next Monday.

Total waiting 44 days.

I hope you will get your visa soon

maplejason

Nov 27, 2013
I lost my tracking No, so I email L.A to say that , they emailed me back with my tracking No.
Thats really kind. :D