+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Application Denied. Want to discuss about Canada Imm Mindset

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for all the help. At least my parents TRV was approved and they are travelling soon. But sad that my visa was denied 2nd time.
I am little sad as Canada immigration officer has killed my dream to visit Canada again , but no worries, I will re-apply after some years, after I build my travel history.

I want to discuss some observations I made and want to discuss, if they are correct:
1. Do you think if you are single and aged around 22-28 is a red flag, since you can't own any property in such young age and there are people , who are working illegally ?

2. I have one issue with the result. In my first application, they denied based on only purpose of travel.
In second application, they denied based on
a. Purpose
b. Financial Status ( 13k cad in my account )
c. Family ties in Canada and in your country of resident ( I have my immediate family, extended family and my fiance in India , still they outweighed my sister relation to all these relationship)/

My query is : Why the reason for rejection change from purpose to 3 different reason. Why immigration officer doesn't tell all the reason at one shot? Do they want our money by keeping us in grey area?

Please Note : The following are the gcms notes, from first denied application :
Purpose is vague and poorly documented. ( My purpose letter was very week as i clearly didn't mentioned about my travel)

Please let me know your inputs.

Last edited:

gbeee

Jun 25, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for all the help. At least my parents TRV was approved and they are travelling soon. But sad that my visa was denied 2nd time.
I am little sad as Canada immigration officer has killed my dream to visit Canada again , but no worries, I will re-apply after some years, after I build my travel history.

I want to discuss some observations I made and want to discuss, if they are correct:
1. Do you think if you are single and aged around 22-28 is a red flag, since you can't own any property in such young age ?

2. I have one issue with the result. In my first application, they denied based on only purpose of travel.
a. Purpose
c. Family ties in Canada and in your country of resident ( I have my immediate family, extended family and my fiance in India , still they outweighed my sister relation to all these relationship)/

My query is : Why the reason for rejection change from purpose to 3 different reason. Why immigration officer doesn't tell all the reason at one shot? Do they want our money by keeping us in grey area?

sorry to hear about the refusal, it turns out there is something going on at the canadian delhi commision as the rejection rate has gone up to near 9 out of 10 cases ,
i had all the point well covered :
well traveled
married
age 30
us imigration petion going on
20k CAD in account
100k CAD as FD
and 3 mil CAD in assets on my name in land

attached wedding invite for my cousin, got refusal on grounds not convinced with financial ties and purpose.. not sure why they would think i would not return from Canada and leave all this i own and give up my u.s immigration.

Reactions: ankur_bisht

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
sorry to hear about the refusal, it turns out there is something going on at the canadian delhi commision as the rejection rate has gone up to near 9 out of 10 cases ,
i had all the point well covered :
well traveled
married
age 30
us imigration petion going on
20k CAD in account
100k CAD as FD
and 3 mil CAD in assets on my name in land

attached wedding invite for my cousin, got refusal on grounds not convinced with financial ties and purpose.. not sure why they would think i would not return from Canada and leave all this i own and give up my u.s immigration.
Sorry to hear about you refusal too. The saddest thing is, you can't meet an immigration officer face to face like it happens for US. I don't know, what documentation can convince Canada immigration officer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Each application would have been reviewed by a different officer. The second one had slightly different concerns than the first.

Yes - your age works against you. Your savings are also quite low. IRCC views strong family ties to the home country as spouse and children.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Each application would have been reviewed by a different officer. The second one had slightly different concerns than the first.

Yes - your age works against you. Your savings are also quite low. IRCC views strong family ties to the home country as spouse and children.
2nd Officer surely had concerns, but for an applicant, whos is applying again, will try to only cover the reason denied for 1st application.
I presume , you can visit Canada only if you are above 30 + age, salary > 7k cad pm and have have ties like wife ,children , sick parents, house loans etc. In that way, it's hard to get a trv when you are young. For a 2 week stay, I guess 13k is enough. What will I do even if I have 100k cad in account, for a 2 week stay.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
2nd Officer surely had concerns, but for an applicant, whos is applying again, will try to only cover the reason denied for 1st application.
I presume , you can visit Canada only if you are above 30 + age, salary > 7k cad pm and have have ties like wife ,children , sick parents, house loans etc. In that way, it's hard to get a trv when you are young. For a 2 week stay, I guess 13k is enough. What will I do even if I have 100k cad in account, for a 2 week stay.
No I don’t think so because in my case

I am 50
Earning 8k plus canadiann$ a month in multinational oil and gas company (upstream organization)
Have 6 million Rs in bank (not borrows from any one it’s my salary account only)
Year bonus minimum 2.5 million
Gratuity and provident fins around 16 million
Family back at home including my 75 plus mother and dependent on me
Family house (not under my name )
Travel around 25 plus country (all visa required USA UK China European, middle and far eastern country as well)
Still have valid USA visa till 2023 (visited twice in new visa)
And they rejected me on
- Purpose of Travel
- Limited work opportunity in my company

So I don’t know how they look our file/ document :):)

But yes agree on this “people can address refusal point” only from precious application and try to beef up next and they surprised when you found some thing new

Last edited:

nmatter

May 12, 2019
BTW I reapply after addressing my refusal point in cover letter and this time also drafted a detail travel purpose with day by day plan but I think this time also they will refuse ;):)

I am thinking following for refusal point this time (following this forum since my first refusal )

- no family ties at my home country (I am still single :cool:)
- no financial assets (don’t have any property in my name)
- purpose of travel

Above is my opinion only and still waiting for final outcome (30 days passed already and application is under eligibility started point)

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
No I don’t think so because in my case

I am 50
Earning 8k plus canadiann$ a month in multinational oil and gas company (upstream organization)
Have 6 million Rs in bank (not borrows from any one it’s my salary account only)
Year bonus minimum 2.5 million
Gratuity and provident fins around 16 million
Family back at home including my 75 plus mother and dependent on me
Family house (not under my name )
Travel around 25 plus country (all visa required USA UK China European, middle and far eastern country as well)
Still have valid USA visa till 2023 (visited twice in new visa)
And they rejected me on
- Purpose of Travel
- Limited work opportunity in my company

So I don’t know how they look our file/ document :):)

But yes agree on this “people can address refusal point” only from precious application and try to beef up next and they surprised when you found some thing new
Ohh .. thanks for your input. Seems what I presumed was wrong. I dont know, maybe the only thing that can influence your result is now narrowed down to the mood of the officer

I wrote same purpose of letter for my mom dad and myself. The visa officer accepted my parents purpose but rejected mine. No idea what on earth they want.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
BTW I reapply after addressing my refusal point in cover letter and this time also drafted a detail travel purpose with day by day plan but I think this time also they will refuse ;):)

I am thinking following for refusal point this time (following this forum since my first refusal )

- no family ties at my home country (I am still single :cool:)
- no financial assets (don’t have any property in my name)
- purpose of travel

Above is my opinion only and still waiting for final outcome (30 days passed already and application is under eligibility started point)
All the best for your final result. Please don't lose hope.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Hi,

1. Do you think if you are single and aged around 22-28 is a red flag, since you can't own any property in such young age and there are people , who are working illegally ?

a. Purpose

Please Note : The following are the gcms notes, from first denied application :
Purpose is vague and poorly documented. ( My purpose letter was very week as i clearly didn't mentioned about my travel)

Sorry about your refusal... these are the VO's favourite lines. Most times it doesn't matter how much or how well you have travelled or properties you own. We don't have right to a Visa it's only given at the discretion of the VO. I know of a person who didn't plan to travel to Canada for any reason. He just decided to try his luck and he got an approval. I tried mine with genuine reasons and I was refused. We all pray our application work in our favour. I reapplied and awaiting a positive decision. Everything solely depends on the mood of the VO probably he/she might be sipping a cup of coffee while reviewing my application and then sending me a PPR afterwards :p
Once again, sorry about your refusal

Best wishes for subsequent Visa application in the future

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Sorry about your refusal... these are the VO's favourite lines. Most times it doesn't matter how much or how well you have travelled or properties you own. We don't have right to a Visa it's only given at the discretion of the VO. I know of a person who didn't plan to travel to Canada for any reason. He just decided to try his luck and he got an approval. I tried mine with genuine reasons and I was refused. We all pray our application work in our favour. I reapplied and awaiting a positive decision. Everything solely depends on the mood of the VO probably he/she might be sipping a cup of coffee while reviewing my application and then sending me a PPR afterwards :p
Once again, sorry about your refusal

Best wishes for subsequent Visa application in the future
True that..I believe, my application was refused by an officer who was having a bad day. All the best for your result.

bhullar1987

Jun 8, 2019
hello friends,need your help for Canada Visitor visa application all form is signed electronically or we need some to sign manually?