+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

237 Draw is indefinitely postponed?

Nyoung

Mar 23, 2022
I saw the NOC2021 system error news on CIC News and I think this could be an unscheduled indefinite postponement of the 237th draw. Because there was this in the article.

”While IRCC says the department is closely examining these issues and working to resolve them, no timeline has been given for such resolutions.”
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/12/ircc-confirms-it-glitch-affecting-express-entry-candidates-1232210.html#gs.kprj5t

I am worried that there is no timeline for when the error is fixed. I'm so frustrated as someone who can get an invitation from the 237th draw.

Do you think CIC will send the EE invitation again within December?

Reactions: Minh Ho

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi what do you think the next draw would be CRS directed or targeted occupation targeted with implementation of TEER ?

Nyoung

Mar 23, 2022
Hi what do you think the next draw would be CRS directed or targeted occupation targeted with implementation of TEER ?
If it becomes a draw within December, it will be a total score draw, and if the system is not resolved, won't a new draw be started in January?

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
No one knows, doesn't seem like the Minister himself knows either. Their constant lack of communication, accountability and transparency is appalling. Is there anyone who is thinking to move the US instead?

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
People need to get together and sue IRCC for mental/emotional damages ... Their website mentions the draws happen about every two weeks, so they are at fault ... system glitch or whatever they need to put out proper notice so people can rest their minds ...

Last edited:

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
So is the draw happening tomorrow or what? This is so stressful for us, does IRCC not understand this? I mean how hard can it be do provide some proper information?

Reactions: casebeth1209

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
You have to deal with the fact that they don't care. Keep your application in the pool, try to do something else that keeps you from thinking about them.

I'm speaking as someone who has been waiting for my application to be processed after 26 months (AOR Oct 2020).

casebeth1209

Dec 21, 2022
No one knows, doesn't seem like the Minister himself knows either. Their constant lack of communication, accountability and transparency is appalling. Is there anyone who is thinking to move the US instead?
One pro of the US is that if you find a job willing to sponsor you, the rest of the application process is relatively easy.
I prefer our system of giving visas to those who work hard to findjobs we need filled to Canada's system of picking people based on scores and hoping some Canadian employer looks past the "lack of Canadian experience" and will hire them. Or at least Canada should have both options.
If I can come next month and fill a job that they need filled, why should I have to wait years for IRCC to get their ish together?

Reactions: newuser86

Mikita

Aug 9, 2021
There is no communication on implementing the new targeted draw and how to draw, because they need to communicate with the province and territory first, then release the information to the public a few weeks before they start to change.

Reactions: canuck78

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
I saw the NOC2021 system error news on CIC News and I think this could be an unscheduled indefinite postponement of the 237th draw. Because there was this in the article.

”While IRCC says the department is closely examining these issues and working to resolve them, no timeline has been given for such resolutions.”
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/12/ircc-confirms-it-glitch-affecting-express-entry-candidates-1232210.html#gs.kprj5t
I took 5 times for English test, and finally I got what I need. However, the system turned out dying and no response from ircc. So frustrated…it’s chasing for so long
I am worried that there is no timeline for when the error is fixed. I'm so frustrated as someone who can get an invitation from the 237th draw.

Do you think CIC will send the EE invitation again within December?

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I too have to repeat the test, but due to this lack of information , I am confused whether I should sit for academic or GT.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
I too have to repeat the test, but due to this lack of information , I am confused whether I should sit for academic or GT.
General training is for immigration purposes
Academic training is for academic purposes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So is the draw happening tomorrow or what? This is so stressful for us, does IRCC not understand this? I mean how hard can it be do provide some proper information?
It is the end of December and a few days before Christmas so most offices are only partially functioning. The government has indicated that they are moving to a new targeted immigration system and have been pretty open for a while that the immigration programs would be changing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People need to get together and sue IRCC for mental/emotional damages ... Their website mentions the draws happen about every two weeks, so they are at fault ... system glitch or whatever they need to put out proper notice so people can rest their minds ...
Good luck suing for emotional distress. Although I can imagine that it is very stressful there have been many times where draws have not gone ahead gor many reasons and the government has been pretty open with the fact that thry would be changing to a targetted immigration program because the current system is not leadin to the skills in need being approved. For example the system would make immigrating as a lawyer quite easy but Canada has no need for more lawyers. Depending on your NOC the new system may make obtaining PR easier although for some it will be harder. Unfortunately no immigration program goes on indefinitely and the fact that the program was being changed to try and grant PR for the skills in demand more like the PNP programs versus approving those with the most degrees and jobs that are considered high skilled.