+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
No, I logged my application by myself, I received updates last year real quick but since August 2023, its dead. I have sent web forum and called few times to ask if they need anything but all they say is that its upto date. it’s probably due to police clearance process because I lived in Australia for 5 years and then i visited USA several times. It says my info-sharing is in process and screening isn’t done. The country i lived in (Australia) is under FCC - biometric, which means they share info via biometric (found out after studying the whole thing on internet)I dont mind waiting but im concerned because im way too behind. Nothing i can do, but kinda disappointing to wait this long and not getting things straightened out. Thankyou for asking though.
Do you have any updates ?

Genius001

Aug 30, 2024
So I have a unique issue, I applied for PR after my refugee claim was approved and it's taken 24 months to the point where I just got a letter from IRCC saying:

"Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)."

This is good news but my issue is I have just recently become common law with my fiance, as recently as a month ago, and it says to declare that, which I want to. I just want to know if anyone has gone through this before. How does the process of adding her work (she's inland btw on a work permit) and also how much does this delay the confirmation of my PR (don't care about there being a delay as long as we both get it, I just want a rough estimate)?

I just want to know if anyone has any experience with this and how they navigated this.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
IRCC has been taking less and less new international applications. Which means that they're trying to go through the backlog. Hopefully that will reduce our wait times as well. (it's 25 months on this date but I am hopeful for our sanity)
Hi
Reducing the waiting time ? For quebec or outside quebec.

Reactions: Zuzu1111

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Amazing. I know a woman who applied in may 2022. Waiting just For decission since last January 2024 and not need until today . Quebec is a mess but looks like now it's improving. Well, good For You guys. Congratulations.
Can you please share your complete timeline ? Did you received eligibility?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Can you please share your complete timeline ? Did you received eligibility?

I applied in August 10 2023. AOR in Oct 27, 2023.
Sent documents on Nov 2023 and biométrics again.
Because I requested My notes I know elegibility is passed on May 21,2024. But I didn't get notification or pre arrival letter. And that was months ago.
I'm in Alberta. Not Quebec. I moved away from Quebec because I know it takes forever waiting.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
I applied in August 10 2023. AOR in Oct 27, 2023.
Sent documents on Nov 2023 and biométrics again.
Because I requested My notes I know elegibility is passed on May 21,2024. But I didn't get notification or pre arrival letter. And that was months ago.
I'm in Alberta. Not Quebec. I moved away from Quebec because I know it takes forever waiting.
Getting or not getting eligibility doesn't mean anything. I got mine in Feb 2024 and still waiting.

The process is 2 years and you just passed a year. Unfortunately, you'll have to keep waiting.

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I got my eligibility and pre arrival letter on march 2nd 2024. After that nothing. Even on Gcms note security check has not been stated yet. My overseas dependent application transfer to Ankara VO same Date but for her also no news. Unfortunately.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Getting or not getting eligibility doesn't mean anything. I got mine in Feb 2024 and still waiting.

The process is 2 years and you just passed a year. Unfortunately, you'll have to keep waiting.
I know but I have seen most persons get elegibility and pre arrival letter and they are notified. Maybe the agent who has my file forgot to notify. No way to know. :rolleyes:

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I got my eligibility and pre arrival letter on march 2nd 2024. After that nothing. Even on Gcms note security check has not been stated yet. My overseas dependent application transfer to Ankara VO same Date but for her also no news. Unfortunately.
How to know that our dependents file is transferred did you got any email or letter i also got my overseas dependent’s uci number

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
How to know that our dependents file is transferred did you got any email or letter i also got my overseas dependent’s uci number
Yes on my eligibility letter. Mentioned their application transfered to the Ankara VO and also mentioned they will get the letter soon! But no Actions from VO ankara even medical request or document request nothing. Even didn't response to webform

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I have dependent in Canada. When I got my eligibility is my partner going to receive eligibility letter or they will mention my partner’s name on my letter? Thank you.

Jimmy4u

Jul 18, 2019
Hi I have one question As a protected person you have to renew your refugees id or not as per new guidelines