+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I don't know what to say about that, do you have representative in your case?
No, I logged my application by myself, I received updates last year real quick but since August 2023, its dead. I have sent web forum and called few times to ask if they need anything but all they say is that its upto date. it’s probably due to police clearance process because I lived in Australia for 5 years and then i visited USA several times. It says my info-sharing is in process and screening isn’t done. The country i lived in (Australia) is under FCC - biometric, which means they share info via biometric (found out after studying the whole thing on internet)I dont mind waiting but im concerned because im way too behind. Nothing i can do, but kinda disappointing to wait this long and not getting things straightened out. Thankyou for asking though.

Reactions: Jaberabed26

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
Submitted: 10 Aug 2023
AOR: 27 Oct 2023
Biometrisc: 10 Nov 2023
Other info submitted: 22 Nov 2023 (documents requested for spouse and daughter abroad)
Elegibility: 21 May 2024

Not news officially since I submitted the documents on Nov 2023.
I know my status because I requested for system notes. But no emails, not callings, no messages in the portal.
So strange.
Hi
Do you know which office your file is being processed at?

Zuzu1111

Jul 24, 2024
No, I logged my application by myself, I received updates last year real quick but since August 2023, its dead. I have sent web forum and called few times to ask if they need anything but all they say is that its upto date. it’s probably due to police clearance process because I lived in Australia for 5 years and then i visited USA several times. It says my info-sharing is in process and screening isn’t done. The country i lived in (Australia) is under FCC - biometric, which means they share info via biometric (found out after studying the whole thing on internet)I dont mind waiting but im concerned because im way too behind. Nothing i can do, but kinda disappointing to wait this long and not getting things straightened out. Thankyou for asking though.
Don't worry too much. Everyone has a different officer thus their timelines are different. As long as they haven't lost your application then it's all okay. Considering you've been in a couple countries it'll definitely increase the processing time by a bit. Just stay patient and try to ignore it. There are ppl who applied in 2022 and still waiting. Best of luck!

Zuzu1111

Jul 24, 2024
IRCC has been taking less and less new international applications. Which means that they're trying to go through the backlog. Hopefully that will reduce our wait times as well. (it's 25 months on this date but I am hopeful for our sanity)

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
I applied on 18 August, 2023
Called IRCC today
And they said my criminality passed
Medical passed
Eligibility not started yet.
My processing office is also Missisauga but I’m in Alberta. The times do differ and it’s weird, if people applied around the same time then as per the processing times they should be sending similar updates to all around the same time.

Reactions: Aman0307

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
Called IRCC today
Medical passed
My processing office is also Missisauga but I’m in Alberta. The times do differ and it’s weird, if people applied around the same time then as per the processing times they should be sending similar updates to all around the same time.
Hello Nancy,

Every single case has different kind of prossing doesn't matter which province you're it's should be take until 25 months at least if is not changed, just be patient

Anil33

Aug 13, 2024
I didn't even get an email/changes to IRCC website for my eligibility. I recently called them and the person assured me that it was passed on July 23rd. I received my pre arrival on July 24
HI Did You Receive ANY UPDATE After Pre Arrive Letter ?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Called IRCC today
Medical passed
I tought the same. But it depends on each person. Your Background, how many countries have you lived before. Security is the longest stage. More complex Your personal history, more time takes.