+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello
Applied of work permit extension on 2nd April 2024 and its been more than 4 months still no update my SIN is also expired and OSAP need my valid SIN number what can i do pls help me. I am a protected person PR is under process. Send webform also 5 days before and no update .

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hello
Applied of work permit extension on 2nd April 2024 and its been more than 4 months still no update my SIN is also expired and OSAP need my valid SIN number what can i do pls help me. I am a protected person PR is under process. Send webform also 5 days before and no update .

I think all you can check your MY SERVICE CANADA account. There is an area for your SIN, there you can see expire date. SIN wont change when you renew work permit. It is still same.

Last edited:

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hello
Try giving them a call during the week as well. I applied for extension in June and got it in July. Wishing you all the best!

Olives

Nov 16, 2022
It´s so weird because I went with an organization who helps immigrant and they helped me with the renewal of the worrk permit online. I wasnt clear that´s why I asked for help. And they told me I dont need to do renewal of the SIN. But it´s better to get help from trust sources so I suggest not only stay with what we say here. Get official advice. Maybe check in the canada.ca
Some settlement agencies are not very clear about that themselves. You actually need to renew your SIN once you get your work permit extension.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Some settlement agencies are not very clear about that themselves. You actually need to renew your SIN once you get your work permit extension.
But my SIN appears valid until 2025, same date as my Work permit. So how renew it if it is already updated?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello
I’ve applied 22nd April and approved 29th May. You should call them. Looks like processing time over. You can tell to agent that you want to leave note for the officer because processing time is over already. They usually help.
Once your work permit extension got approved you can apply online for SIN. They WON’T give you new numbers. They will just set new date same as your renewed work permit.

Reactions: Aman0307

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi,
Any news applicant 2023?
For me no news . No Pre-arrival & Eligibility - Applied April 2023
I'm.waitimg For My notes last movement it was on may and I know it because the notes. Elegibility passed. Hopefully the file moves on.

Reactions: Star55