+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
hi folks, just received an email about an application update requested a medical exam. is this a good sign? what are your thoughts on chances of being rejected after submitting a medical exam (given the report is clean)?
It is a good sign -- they are processing your file. There is a temporary policy in place but it looks like your last Medical is too old to qualify -- I think yours is about 7 years old. So go get the new Medical as soon as you can. I was asked for a new Medical before this policy was in place, did it in June 2022, and Medical passed within 3 weeks of submission. Best wishes!

From IRCC:
In-Canada applicants
"We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.
If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.
You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:
  • You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety."

Reactions: zhangji80 and SS98x

SS98x

Jan 12, 2023
It is a good sign -- they are processing your file. There is a temporary policy in place but it looks like your last Medical is too old to qualify -- I think yours is about 7 years old. So go get the new Medical as soon as you can. I was asked for a new Medical before this policy was in place, did it in June 2022, and Medical passed within 3 weeks of submission. Best wishes!

From IRCC:
In-Canada applicants
"We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.
If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.
You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:
  • You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety."
Thank you! I have my appointment booked for tomorrow. I am nervous since I am a student but because of campus jobs and such I figured I qualified under Stream B but my job title isn't a direct match for the NOC codes but the my roles of responsibilities are. So hopefully they approve my PR, it would honestly solve 99 of my problems.

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
There have been lots of questions about which office is processing individual files.

Based on the information from this forum over many, many months, it appears that files are initially loaded in Sydney, then transferred to Whitehorse for more detailed processing, then transferred to Calgary for the PR landing process. That's in general of course, but at no time has anyone reported on this forum any benefit from knowing which office is currently handling their file. We can't contact the office, it doesn't speed anything up, it doesn't help the MP find out anything more, it doesn't help the IRCC call centre locate more useful info.

It is better to order notes through ATIP from CBSA (which will contain GCMS notes) if you are looking for slightly more info or your files progress given that very little seems to be revealed through our online accounts, but it is not always successful or timely at revealing new info. Occasionally, if you're really polite and persistent, sometimes the IRCC call centre agents will release a bit more detail. Best wishes!

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you! I have my appointment booked for tomorrow. I am nervous since I am a student but because of campus jobs and such I figured I qualified under Stream B but my job title isn't a direct match for the NOC codes but the my roles of responsibilities are. So hopefully they approve my PR, it would honestly solve 99 of my problems.
I too was & still am a student who applied under Stream B because I luckily had a job that qualified. It's the job duties that matter, not necessarily the title so hopefully you are in for smooth sailing. Just waiting now for my ECOPR and PR card. Best wishes!

Jagnoor102

Nov 28, 2022
Hello guys
I called ircc today and they told me my eligibility and medical is passed but background check is still in progress. This means the medical which was passed on Jan 27, 2023 also passed the eligibility. Before it was showing that it has not started. I had concerns about eligibility but now i can relax that my eligibility is passed.
Applied - 8 july, 2021
Aor - 7 June 2022
3 ghost updates so far recently on jan 27

SS98x

Jan 12, 2023
I too was & still am a student who applied under Stream B because I luckily had a job that qualified. It's the job duties that matter, not necessarily the title so hopefully you are in for smooth sailing. Just waiting now for my ECOPR and PR card. Best wishes!
that's really reassuring to hear, thank you! congrats of getting approved! hopefully mine works out sooooon!!

Reactions: CherAmie

Rihaan

Sep 5, 2020
Hello guys
I called ircc today and they told me my eligibility and medical is passed but background check is still in progress. This means the medical which was passed on Jan 27, 2023 also passed the eligibility. Before it was showing that it has not started. I had concerns about eligibility but now i can relax that my eligibility is passed.
Applied - 8 july, 2021
Aor - 7 June 2022
3 ghost updates so far recently on jan 27
How did you call them?

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
What do you mean by "Schedule A resubmitted Dec 1st 2022" you withdraw your PR application and resubmitted it again??? If so then isn't it going to be out of the pool of accepted application number?
Ircc asked to fill a new schedule A imm 5669 voz of missing gaps. Since Dec 1st 2022, file is still untouched

Mario1996

Feb 17, 2022
Hey guys, I would like to give back by putting in my timeline

- Applied June 6th, 2021
- AOR February 10th, 2022
- Got some GU around April 2022, or May 2022. 2/3 updates in total - Info Sharing in progress, and stuff like that
- August 14th, 2022 - Eligibility passed,
- September xxth 2022 - Everything else passed except criminality.
- January 18th, 2023 - Random GU
- January 18th, 2023 - Email from IRCC telling me to respond with my details, I responded in about 2 hours
- January 23rd, 2023 - Portal credentials received, I filled it in immediately, took my PR photo
- January 31st, 2023 - eCOPR received.

PR Card pending.

It is my hope that everyone is going to be processed early this year, I am grateful to this community for helping me through this time.