Applied on 6 may 2021 IG stream.
AOR & additional documents request: July 2022
Biometrics: september 4, 2022
GU: Medical pass: today, (nov 4, 2022)

what’s next? I feel like my application is the slowest. :(

Reactions: Raja1203

jihad88

Jan 30, 2019
I am on a study permit and worked in a frontline health job so I applied for stream A. Got Aor on April 7, 2022, medical request for my child on May 7, 2022. May 29, passed medical for all. around that time I got the biometric refund as well as we had them recently for the study permit.
then August 26, they requested ADR for schedule A and Pay statements, which they are reviewing since the 29th of august.

MP says nothing can be done as the time is long and that the program does not have a timeline.

I have called them and only medical passed, everything else in under processing.

Any ideas when I get an answer?

Here is my application view now:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • May 25, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • August 29, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I am on a study permit and worked in a frontline health job so I applied for stream A. Got Aor on April 7, 2022, medical request for my child on May 7, 2022. May 29, passed medical for all. around that time I got the biometric refund as well as we had them recently for the study permit.
then August 26, they requested ADR for schedule A and Pay statements, which they are reviewing since the 29th of august.

MP says nothing can be done as the time is long and that the program does not have a timeline.

I have called them and only medical passed, everything else in under processing.

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Given the info you provided, the time of year (approaching Christmas/Winter vacation times) and the time of your AOR, my best guess is that you’ll probably get it before April 7, 2023. It seems that for those who weren't processed within 6 months (+/- a few months) that there may be a roughly 11-12 month 'due date' or 'bring-up' reminder on some files to get them completed within 1 year of AOR. Best wishes.

Reactions: jihad88

AnD2021

Star Member
Jun 23, 2022

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Our application is through the same stream as you. AOR on Feb 7th 2022 and we still have security and criminality, (basically the background check), still to be done. We are hopeful for a decision this year but more than likely it'll be next year.

jihad88

Jan 30, 2019
Our application is through the same stream as you. AOR on Feb 7th 2022 and we still have security and criminality, (basically the background check), still to be done. We are hopeful for a decision this year but more than likely it'll be next year.
My country of origin is also a determinant of my application, I come from Iraq where things usually take longer due to the security checks.

I applied on May 7 2021 around 2:30 PM if the time matters. What I think is that those who have status will not be prioritized, my study permit expires next June so basically, the ones that have expired or nearly expiring will be processed earlier than mine.

I hope it comes soon! thanks

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hello guys. I have a work permit that was given me cuz i am still waitin on my application to process. However they sent me letter mid August that they will be sending me a new work permit until 2024. They said i would get it by mid October but still nothing. My work permit i jave right now expires Dec 31 2022. Is anyone in the same boat?
Have you changed your address? Even if you submitted the new address?
I think you need to call IRCC, or send a web form with the email extension as an attachment.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hi everyone.

I have a question. I plan to go back home in the next 6 months. During that time, if I receive an online portal, can I receive my COPR in my home country? I read in another topic that one said I could do it, but I had to update my country of residence. They will send me a PPR to submit my passport for COPR and visa. I’m not so sure whether I can do it. Has anyone had the same situation?

Thank you
I don't see the issue but I don't think it is required, unless you live in QC.

• Love
Reactions: Joyyy

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hello guys. I have a work permit that was given me cuz i am still waitin on my application to process. However they sent me letter mid August that they will be sending me a new work permit until 2024. They said i would get it by mid October but still nothing. My work permit i jave right now expires Dec 31 2022. Is anyone in the same boat?
Same here I have not receive any work permit and u I don't think anyone has receive it. We are hoping we will start receiving by second week of November

megapint

Jul 26, 2022
Hi everyone.

I have a question. I plan to go back home in the next 6 months. During that time, if I receive an online portal, can I receive my COPR in my home country? I read in another topic that one said I could do it, but I had to update my country of residence. They will send me a PPR to submit my passport for COPR and visa. I’m not so sure whether I can do it. Has anyone had the same situation?

Thank you
When they send you online portal you must reply and let them know you are outside Canada and provide dates of when you will be expected back so that they send the portal when you are inside Canada. From what i know, landing you from outside is different from landing you from inside Canada. Applicants have indicated that they informed IRCC as soon as the online portal was issued, and IRCC had to put process on hold until they were back, then send the portal based on the date of arrival to Canada.

The condition was , "All principal applicants must reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada when the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved."

Here is the ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

Its ok to travel but my advice is just be honest when you get portal request and say you are outside Canada, if you get approved while away. I know you can be excited but its safer to follow the policy rules

Hope this helps.

Jb24

Jul 18, 2022
Applied on July 16 Non- essential and July 13, 2022 AOR, had an ADR payment of receipt requested, submitted on same day as AOR. Under view since September 01. Got a GU two days ago and now my medical says "You passed the medical exam on Nov. 04, 2022". I am glad they are working on it at least. Please check your profiles too guys. Hope for the best.

Reactions: CherAmie

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Ughhh, one thing I'll never do is vote for Justin Trudeau and his liberals who live in their La La Land Canada once I become a citizen. This guy has no idea. He seems to be living under a rock. Cost of living is rampant under him. He's been apparently trying to fix the housing crisis since he took office in 2015. Skilled immigration is good but his govt. needs to have the infrastructure first before he calls skilled immigrants. Good luck everyone. PR is just the start now. There's no housing and healthcare infrastructure at the present to deal with the influx. His govt. is riddled with big money contracts to companies owned by his friends. He spends 6000 dollars a night for a hotel in London with taxpayer money when millions of Canadians are a pay cheque away from homelessness and poverty. Have you guys seen Vancouver lately? That city is in crisis right now and these politicians are nowhere to be seen. UNDER HIS GOVT., SERVICES ARE APPALLING. 2.6 MILLION applications in backlog, are you fucking kidding me? People like us are waiting like headless chickens. What's so hard to process a freakin' application? I've no criminal background anywhere, submitted IELTS with 9 bands, have a full-time job in healthcare, never broke immigration rules, paying my taxes from 5 years, volunteering with city of ottawa to pickup trash and litter, have no medical conditions that can potentially be a burden on their healthcare system (which ironically is already collapsed), want to have my own clinics to help people who dont have a family doctor, graduated with honors and 4 GPA, AND THEY ARE FUCKING TELLING ME THAT THEY CANT PROCESS MY APPLICATION EVEN IN TWO YEARS. I HAVE MY ENTIRE LIFE ON HOLD since two years. Can't start my further education. This government is a joke. A sad joke.