+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello guys,

I applied for my PR and my husband’s PR using this pathway. Our application was submitted through a consultant on May 7th. The last ADR we received was in Aug,2022 and after that there’s nothing except that eligibility and background check in progress.
I also visited back home in March,2022 , should we inform IRCC of this visit? If yes, can I do it myself through a webform or does my consultant have to send in this info?
Also, is there anyway to check for status update if my file was sent through a consultant? Or is the consultant the only one allowed to view anything related to my application? This is taking so much longer than I’d anticipated and is giving us all nothing but stress.
had anyone applied for their spouse at the same time through this pathway? Please give me some hope that there is might be a possibility of this being finalized by the end of this year
What was the ADR for? was it IMM5669?
If you submitted your application through a lawyer, they have access to your online account. However, there is not much in terms of updates there.
You can order the GCMS note which has detailed information about the progress of your application. There is a guide in the signature part of my profile on how to get one. You can either get it through IRCC or CBSA (~ takes 30-40 days). IRCC version typically takes longer but also has more information.
I have a spouse which was included in my TR2PR application, and we have recently received our approval. So, you have no problem with that.

MSB_1921

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
If you submitted your application through a lawyer, they have access to your online account. However, there is not much in terms of updates there.
You can order the GCMS note which has detailed information about the progress of your application. There is a guide in the signature part of my profile on how to get one. You can either get it through IRCC or CBSA (~ takes 30-40 days). IRCC version typically takes longer but also has more information.
I have a spouse which was included in my TR2PR application, and we have recently received our approval. So, you have no problem with that.
Thank you for replying!
Yes, the ADR was for IMM5669 (husband’s) and my job offer letter.
And if I travel back home do I need to inform IRCC through a webform? Or can the consultant inform them?
should I expect anymore ADRs such as wedding pictures, chats, etc. for proof of marriage like they normally ask for the spousal sponsorship?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you for replying!
Yes, the ADR was for IMM5669 (husband’s) and my job offer letter.
And if I travel back home do I need to inform IRCC through a webform? Or can the consultant inform them?
should I expect anymore ADRs such as wedding pictures, chats, etc. for proof of marriage like they normally ask for the spousal sponsorship?
No problem. imm5669 is needed for background check, if that's been requested, it means that thw background check has started.
If you have your application number and UCI, you can directly contact IRCC by webform. Regarding if you need to notify them or not ask your representative. Honestly I am not sure about it. Maybe others can comment on this.
For marriage and proof of relationship, if you got married after AOR or if you haven't provided any proof when submitting the applications, you may receive an ADR for that.
I've received one because I got married while my file was under processing.
They usually give you a list of things to provide like wedding photos, photos together, a questioner, etc.

MSB_1921

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
No problem. imm5669 is needed for background check, if that's been requested, it means that thw background check has started.
If you have your application number and UCI, you can directly contact IRCC by webform. Regarding if you need to notify them or not ask your representative. Honestly I am not sure about it. Maybe others can comment on this.
For marriage and proof of relationship, if you got married after AOR or if you haven't provided any proof when submitting the applications, you may receive an ADR for that.
I've received one because I got married while my file was under processing.
They usually give you a list of things to provide like wedding photos, photos together, a questioner, etc.
Okay thanks, that’s good info to have regarding the ADRs if they ask. I submitted both our applications together as I got married before this pathway was introduced.
My representative advised not to inform IRCC regarding the visit back home until they request for that info, if at all. But I just wanted to have a second opinion on whether it would help speed up the process or not.
How long do they take after the background check and eligibility to make any decision? It’s been 7 months since our AOR and almost 3months since they asked for the IMM5669 form; Im sure it’s different for everyone but just to have an idea of an approx. timeline.
Thanks!

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
same here bro, I've tried all the option available, I guess they just don't wanna talk to us
This idiot Fraser opened up EE despite so many backlogs. He’s trying to hard to gain respect of everyone to cover up his last 1.5 year of stupid decisions. But even this turned into a stupid decision with more backlogs. Hence, they’re not processing our files as they’ve already surpassed or about to surpass the projected target. Now have to hope we get it in early 2023

• Angry
Reactions: arcanjo42

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Okay thanks, that’s good info to have regarding the ADRs if they ask. I submitted both our applications together as I got married before this pathway was introduced.
My representative advised not to inform IRCC regarding the visit back home until they request for that info, if at all. But I just wanted to have a second opinion on whether it would help speed up the process or not.
How long do they take after the background check and eligibility to make any decision? It’s been 7 months since our AOR and almost 3months since they asked for the IMM5669 form; Im sure it’s different for everyone but just to have an idea of an approx. timeline.
Thanks!
In most cases it can take about 6-8 months post AOR to finalize the application. However, in some cases it can be longer. In my file, it took 11 months to get the decision.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi amir how are u..glad to see u bak..how life changed after pr? Did ur spouse get PPR?
Hello Lily, thanks. How are you?
My wife got the passport request and has already sent it to get the visa. My e-COPR will be ready once she gets hers.
I have experienced a lot of anxiety and depression, especially in the past couple of months. I don't think things go back to normal soon for me but at least I can sleep better at night. Since I didn't receive the e-COPR yet I haven't gotten a new SIN # or health card.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I am preparing a list of common questions and answers regarding the TR2PR applications. I am gathering the information here in an online document:
Online Document Link

I have also added the link to my signature. Feel free to share it with anyone that might be interested. I will add more content to it over time. If you would like anything to be added, reply to this message or send me a private message.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hello Everyone,
I am preparing a list of common questions and answers regarding the TR2PR applications. I am gathering the information here in an online document:
Online Document Link

I have also added the link to my signature. Feel free to share it with anyone that might be interested. I will add more content to it over time. If you would like anything to be added, reply to this message or send me a private message.
Great work!

About this, but isn't ECOPR only approved once you confirm that you're present in Canada in reply to the portal request? Many people who got portal request when back home, notified IRCC and then sent email/webform notifying when they returned.
Q8: Can I travel outside of Canada when I have my eCOPR with my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
No, the moment you receive the confirmation of permanent residency, your temporary resident documents (visa, work permit, study permit, etc.) are no longer applicable to you.

Reactions: Lily444

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Great work!

About this, but isn't ECOPR only approved once you confirm that you're present in Canada in reply to the portal request? Many people who got portal request when back home, notified IRCC and then sent email/webform notifying when they returned.
Q8: Can I travel outside of Canada when I have my eCOPR with my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
No, the moment you receive the confirmation of permanent residency, your temporary resident documents (visa, work permit, study permit, etc.) are no longer applicable to you.
Thanks! Good point. I'll add that as a new question.
ECOPR is issued when you declare you're in Canada but you have to wait until you receive your PR card in order to be able to travel.
Many people think they can still leave and come back with their TRV at this stage which is wrong.

Reactions: Lily444

alexzzz

Mar 17, 2022
I submitted my TR to PR application at 1 am 7th May. After a long waiting, my account was finally linked in Feb 2022.

Then in March, I received a message about my biometrics collection refund. Since I got biometrics collection in 2020.

However, after that, I never received any update. no emails and nothing updated on my online account application status.

I sent inquiries thru Webform several times but every time they just reply it takes time for processing the application . It looks just like an automatic reply.

Is there anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions? What can I do rather than just wait?

My friend told me his online application status did update after he got copr. I am worried about whether there is possible that my portal link was not sent to my email successfully.