+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, I got married to Canadian husband on November 2017. And we both have sent package application sponsorship inside Canada, PR card and open work permit by mail, the beginning may this year. My question is, how long would it take to get response? Thank you. I am looking forward to read messages here from you all. Have a nice day.
Hey Stef0,

I’ve got the same situation but my husband is non Canadian (I’m Canadian) and have sent his inland PR and Open Work Permit application the beginning of May 2018 and we are also still awaiting any reply from CIC.
Our timelines are approximately the same so I hope we can keep each other posted on the progress.
Good Luck.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
That's interesting - my app was received Feb 9, but for OWP it says they received it Feb 2. Apparently OWPs all (or most, I guess?) have a date that's a week before they were actually received.

This is also why I might have gotten my OWP a bit early. I keep saying I'm Feb 9, but according to their system, my OWP app was being looked at as Feb 2.

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
That's interesting - my app was received Feb 9, but for OWP it says they received it Feb 2. Apparently OWPs all (or most, I guess?) have a date that's a week before they were actually received.

This is also why I might have gotten my OWP a bit early. I keep saying I'm Feb 9, but according to their system, my OWP app was being looked at as Feb 2.
Maybe it's because I applied for restoration of status together with OWP (original OWP was returned because of insufficient fees).

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
have you tried ECAS?
Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. I just checked and it said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

However, they ask for "Application number", which I don't know what it is. Is it the IMM-1344E one? - I don't have the UCI number.
The receipt I have, but it doesn't say "form IMM 5401" anywhere.

I'm confused. Please help!

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi guys,

Did any of you call CIC at the 888-242-2100 number? They ask to enter application number, but I don't know what it is. They also don't have the option for speaking with an agent. Please help!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Maybe it's because I applied for restoration of status together with OWP (original OWP was returned because of insufficient fees).
Oh yeah, if you had to resend the OWP, then that makes sense.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. I just checked and it said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

However, they ask for "Application number", which I don't know what it is. Is it the IMM-1344E one? - I don't have the UCI number.

Have you tried linking your app online even without the AOR? You would simply not choose the option that asks for application number or UCI. Instead use last name and passport number or any of the other combinations (I don't remember them off the top of my head.) But you should be able to link without an AOR, using the info that you do have. There was a user a page or two back saying they did that and asking if anyone else had to link theirs without receiving the AOR.

If you're able to link it, at least you'll know the app is being processed and they just didn't send you the AOR for whatever reason.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Have you tried linking your app online even without the AOR? You would simply not choose the option that asks for application number or UCI. Instead use last name and passport number or any of the other combinations (I don't remember them off the top of my head.) But you should be able to link without an AOR, using the info that you do have. There was a user a page or two back saying they did that and asking if anyone else had to link theirs without receiving the AOR.

If you're able to link it, at least you'll know the app is being processed and they just didn't send you the AOR for whatever reason.
---
This is great! I'll try it right now! Thank you!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018

You need you at least have one: App number or UCI.