AOR Received.
07-05-2015
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Canadianinlove said:
Looks like CIC is picking up speed!
I think I am going to have to wait until they post my submission date for follow up.
I used a lawyer to help me get all my documents in order. I have tried about a million times to check on line and I get nothing.

Hoping I will get AOR and SA all in one day!
;D
Just so you know. Even though I got my AOR and I'm able to access ECAS with my client ID, I cannot login using the receipt number. Only the Unique Client Id works in my case.

Waiting for my turn

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
In process 8 oct
I am 13-4-2015 applicant , still I don't have get AOR from immigration,

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
I have a few questions... I got my AOR and SA approved already and sent to CPC Ottawa. However, my husband received a letter confirming he needs additional medical for his heart. Now the thing is the additional medical needs to be done by June 11th and he was scheduled for additional stress test on July 29th. I am stressing out ‘cause it might delay everything for him since everything is going so fast. Sigh. Any thoughts on this?

mattkward

May 19, 2015
Hello there.

Just found this thread now. My fiancee and I have referenced this forum repeatedly throughout the process of filling out our forms - it's been such a huge help.

Anyway, now it's sent in, mailed out from here in New Zealand in the middle of April. So I thought I'd join this thread and say hi!

A week ago I was approved as a sponsor, which was quick. They'd only started processing our application a week before that. Exciting times!

No news yet this week. I'll check the website again tomorrow.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Hello and welcome!

Be positive! Since you are on the other side of the world, you should be fine! Hopefully you’ll get it sooner than later! I got my AOR approved and SA approved within a week and everything is just going fast right now!You should be getting it soon!:)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp currently 56 days! Hope for the best!:) ;D ;D ;D

mattkward

May 19, 2015
One thing I'm wondering...

In the email where I got my SA, it told me that the visa office doing the processing would be in Ottawa. The entire time we've expected it would be in Sydney, where all NZ applications are apparently processed.

Is this just an error in the letter? Or might there be a reason why they're actually doing it in Ottawa rather than Sydney?

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
They have been sending some applications to Ottawa lately in order to help out overloaded visa offices across the world. Some members of the forums have mentioned that they tend to send the more straightforward cases to Ottawa for quick turnover.

megin

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
IndoCanadian2015 said:
They have been sending some applications to Ottawa lately in order to help out overloaded visa offices across the world. Some members of the forums have mentioned that they tend to send the more straightforward cases to Ottawa for quick turnover.
Isn't that only for USA citizens?

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
megin said:
Isn't that only for USA citizens?
That is how it was traditionally, but I know they have sent some applications to Ottawa, which would have originally gone to London, UK.

Secretly I wish that my application will go to Ottawa. It sounds like they are much quicker (7-8 months) than the 15 months shown on CIC website.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
IndoCanadian2015 said:
That is how it was traditionally, but I know they have sent some applications to Ottawa, which would have originally gone to London, UK.

Secretly I wish that my application will go to Ottawa. It sounds like they are much quicker (7-8 months) than the 15 months shown on CIC website.
Pray for keep in mississauga. 1-2 months :p

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
mattkward said:
One thing I'm wondering...

In the email where I got my SA, it told me that the visa office doing the processing would be in Ottawa. The entire time we've expected it would be in Sydney, where all NZ applications are apparently processed.

Is this just an error in the letter? Or might there be a reason why they're actually doing it in Ottawa rather than Sydney?
Hi Matt, add yourself to the spreadsheets if you haven't already done so. The links are in my signature. It helps everyone judge timelines.

mattkward

May 19, 2015
IndoCanadian2015 said:
Thanks for the explanation. This is interesting - first we've heard of this as the immigration website seemed quite adamant we'd be processed by Sydney. But hey, if it's quicker that's cool!

What should we expect to hear next? Will we hear when the Ottawa office starts working on the rest of the application?

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
mattkward said:
Thanks for the explanation. This is interesting - first we've heard of this as the immigration website seemed quite adamant we'd be processed by Sydney. But hey, if it's quicker that's cool!

What should we expect to hear next? Will we hear when the Ottawa office starts working on the rest of the application?
Some Visa offices send an acknowledgement, commonly known as the AOR2. I'm not sure if Ottawa will send this or not. Some Visa offices skip the AOR2 and go straight to IP after months of waiting, and some have even known to be going straight to DM (but this is of course after quite a few months).

mattkward

May 19, 2015
Just out of curiosity - given that I feel like our application is quite a simple, routine one - and very thoroughly filled out with plenty of evidence proving our relationship - does anyone have a sense of what a best case scenario might be for how long it takes? Or are there simply far too many variables?