+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 applicants from Calgary ....please share your timeline

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
can_aussie said:
Hello all Calgary applicants

As you know Calgary is one of the slowest in processing Citizenship applications.
Please write to your local MP to bring in fair processing for Calgary applicants.

As someone already posted links. I have sent letter to my MP.

Also please sign the following petition:

Please make them listen our voices.
Well said, I already wrote a letter to my MP as well.

Nong Noni

Sep 12, 2014
Eminem slim shady said:
Hie there

Sorry to learn your experience hasn't really been the best. In fairness to you and us, (2014 applicants) , we have had a $44million boost to help speed up the processing and a new decision making model in effect as well more new citizenship requirements coming into effect any day now to slow the flood of applications. The $400 application fee in my mind is just a cost recovery for the $44million already dispatched to this programme.Now it doesn't surprise me that 2014 applicants will still nonetheless get speedier responses. Also, we are approaching winter, so CIC and other gvt clerks are back in office from their summer breaks.Now, kudos to you for being so patient, it seems like Calgary processes RQs very differently than other offices, I think once an application is flagged for RQ, here they shelve it and concerntrate on more straight forward applications and if they get the chance to, they will get to RQ flagged applications.Thats the unfortunate aspect here in Calgary. Since your timeline have exceeded greatly, I encourage you to file for manandus , if CIC is being this incompetent, they need to be forced to be competent and once you file this, the justice department will directly look at your case and IF you indeed meet all the requirements of Canadian citizenship, they will order CIC to issue you your test and oath. You will be given dates, so I doubt you will be in a line up, CIC will be ordered to make space for you and it will be up to you to make sure you pass and attend your oath ceremony.I wouldn't have waited this long if I were you,nonetheless I would action this ASAP since you have a chance of succeeding here, your timelines are outside of CIC processing times and they have nothing to loose,you do. You paid $200, demand services due to you.Engage a lawyer who will file all this on your behalf, its time to get the other gear in process.All the best and keep us posted.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am very new on this web board. You have more experience than me, did you get your Canadian citizenship yet? Have you seen a case such as mine before? Is it possible that they lost my application? I paid a fee of $200, not $400. What does manandus mean? I got an RQ perhaps because I was out of the country a few times on vacation. I went to Europe, USA two times, japan and Thailand. Thailand is my back home.

Thanks again.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
Hey no problem. I applied this past February and March 28th is the day began to be processed. Now, order an Access to information and privacy request. Just google those words and follow the instructions. Basically this a very detailed, 18 page report regarding your citizenship application.It will show the entire activities and how it has been processed and where it currently is located as well the officer s ID.You can order it online, have your client ID number ready and use your credit card to pay the $5 fee for it. Follow all the instructions to order it and rather receive it by email, it will take about 30 days for you to receive it. Once you get it, you will have a complete and updated detailed report about your application. Manandus is the legal action you take when you have not received a decision on your citizenship application. It costs a minimum of $4000 and the justice department will order CIC to take an immediate action on your case and you can only apply for this successfully if CIC has not come to a decision of your application within their time frames. Its best you get legal advice on this since ofcourse lawyers are more experienced in this field. Basically, see a lawyer, explain CIC has exceeded its timelines in regards to your application and you have not received a decision from them. Order your ATIP report first I suggest, that way you know what the updated status of your application is.Its expensive, but worth it. I have only heard about such cases here on this forum and people writing about their experience. But its best for you to get better advice through experienced legal lawyers and proceed that way. I have seen repeated questions about such situations on this forum, yet the answers are found with experienced lawyers I think.Let me know how you go about this and keep your eye on the ball on this one, otherwise you literally will not move forward. After all, this is CIC,its now worse than a third world run gvt department.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are my timelines:

Application received by CIC: September 11,2014
AOR sent: December 3, 2014
Application transfered to Calgary: December 18, 2014