+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 applicants from Calgary ....please share your timeline

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

It has been seen that 2014 applicants have been processed very fast, although applying from different offices (sometimes under 6 months) .However, I am yet to see any Calgary 2014 applicant processed so far .

Just trying to make an inference about the current trend of Calgary office , based on inputs from 2014 Calgary office applicants .So , please share your timelines and experiences .

thanks

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
informatics said:
Hi ,

It has been seen that 2014 applicants have been processed very fast, although applying from different offices (sometimes under 6 months) .However, I am yet to see any Calgary 2014 applicant processed so far .

Just trying to make an inference about the current trend of Calgary office , based on inputs from 2014 Calgary office applicants .So , please share your timelines and experiences .

thanks

Hey Informatics whats up? I agree, its quite annoying how Calgary CIC has been dragging its feat. It seems like nothing works here, the $400 per application fee, the $44million dollars for the citizenship program and a one step decision making model...all this and still fk all nothing. These CIC people are useless,its better if our applications get transferred to abigger and better CIC office in Ontario where there people willing to actually get the job done.

My timeline is

Application received on February 10, 2014
Application processing started on March 28 2014
Discovery Canada mailed on March 28 2014.
Single Applicant, only travelled twice to my home country, No R.Q expected, applied with 1098 days, clean criminal record, Valid P.R. Basically my application is as straightforward as they get.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Eminem slim shady said:
Hey Informatics whats up? I agree, its quite annoying how Calgary CIC has been dragging its feat. It seems like nothing works here, the $400 per application fee, the $44million dollars for the citizenship program and a one step decision making model...all this and still fk all nothing. These CIC people are useless,its better if our applications get transferred to abigger and better CIC office in Ontario where there people willing to actually get the job done.

My timeline is

Application received on February 10, 2014
Application processing started on March 28 2014
Discovery Canada mailed on March 28 2014.
Single Applicant, only travelled twice to my home country, No R.Q expected, applied with 1098 days, clean criminal record, Valid P.R. Basically my application is as straightforward as they get.
Thank you so much for sharing your timeline. I completely agree with you .All the streamlining measures have so far proved useless for Calgary .I can see that you applied in Feb. however, I have also seen people applying from other offices at the same time, got their tests and even oaths .

Do you know , has your file been transferred to Calgary office ? BTW , if you don't you could find out by calling CIC call centre .

All the best and please keep us posted as it will be very helpful for future applicants like me .

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Thanks for sharing your timeline. Hopefully my application received dated Aug-27-2014 going well.

I live and work in Red Deer so guessing my local office'd be Calgary too. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
informatics said:
Thank you so much for sharing your timeline. I completely agree with you .All the streamlining measures have so far proved useless for Calgary .I can see that you applied in Feb. however, I have also seen people applying from other offices at the same time, got their tests and even oaths .

Do you know , has your file been transferred to Calgary office ? BTW , if you don't you could find out by calling CIC call centre .

All the best and please keep us posted as it will be very helpful for future applicants like me .
Thanks buddy, you two hey. Thanks for starting this page and we should all keep each other posted as to how things are going.Exactly, now how annoying is that dude?? I have noticed people from Scarborough, Missassauga, even Montreal, and as far as Newfoundland with the same timeline as mine have received oaths! Even before the beginning of August 1st when the new decision model came into effect. Its clear all the "geniouses" at CIC have no clue at all about how to manage this citizenship programmea and I think they need to call it a day. It also is disappointing that opposition parties have not taken the mess here seriously, heck, at this point im ready to vote for ANYONE who will get this done. CIC is becoming so much worse than the third world country I left, its disappointing to see similarities in the way of life here with the country I left behind years ago hoping for fairness, efficiency and due process.If Canada cant even process a 4-7 page document, in what decade will that ever happen?

Anyway, I ordered my ATIP report, and im having a hard time understanding exactly what is the recent activity. Prior to receiving, i called CIC in june and last in July and they told me its "pending transportation to Calgary" It had been pending since May. Now, when I finally ordered this and received it, nowhere did i see the word "pending" and the only offices written on there were CIC Sydney and CIC calgary where its marked as the jurisdiction. The RCMP, iMMIgration checks have passed and the status says Active. The priority is 2-medium,no RQ, no tests ,no oath scheduled, the officer ID.is a number of some kind. Can you shed any light on this if you can or you would need more info about my report? Does this mean it has been transferred to Calgary you figure? Each page, 18 of them, show the action taken when processing started in Sydney,the date March 28 and the time. Now after that, the last action was taken by a CIC with a different ID, responsible office and jurisdiction says Calgary CIC. So does this mean it was transferred already? It looks like the most recent transaction was in August by another officer with different ID. So....what do you think? Im thinking you might understand this stuff better than me. Thanks dude.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
alexdive said:
Thanks for sharing your timeline. Hopefully my application received dated Aug-27-2014 going well.

I live and work in Red Deer so guessing my local office'd be Calgary too. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
No problem buddy. Red deer? Sweet! next time im in town beer is on you,LOL. and wow, nice girls in that little city! Your office would be Calgary im thinking too, I surely hope not Edmonton! I wonder why CIC has an office there to begin with, they are so behind on their timelines, its not worth having those doors open.August hey? So you are early in the game...all the best and keep us posted.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
will pm u, lol I owed u beer hey?

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Hello all Calgary applicants

As you know Calgary is one of the slowest in processing Citizenship applications.
Please write to your local MP to bring in fair processing for Calgary applicants.

As someone already posted links. I have sent letter to my MP.

Also please sign the following petition:

Please make them listen our voices.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Eminem slim shady said:
Thanks buddy, you two hey. Thanks for starting this page and we should all keep each other posted as to how things are going.Exactly, now how annoying is that dude?? I have noticed people from Scarborough, Missassauga, even Montreal, and as far as Newfoundland with the same timeline as mine have received oaths! Even before the beginning of August 1st when the new decision model came into effect. Its clear all the "geniouses" at CIC have no clue at all about how to manage this citizenship programmea and I think they need to call it a day. It also is disappointing that opposition parties have not taken the mess here seriously, heck, at this point im ready to vote for ANYONE who will get this done. CIC is becoming so much worse than the third world country I left, its disappointing to see similarities in the way of life here with the country I left behind years ago hoping for fairness, efficiency and due process.If Canada cant even process a 4-7 page document, in what decade will that ever happen?

Anyway, I ordered my ATIP report, and im having a hard time understanding exactly what is the recent activity. Prior to receiving, i called CIC in june and last in July and they told me its "pending transportation to Calgary" It had been pending since May. Now, when I finally ordered this and received it, nowhere did i see the word "pending" and the only offices written on there were CIC Sydney and CIC calgary where its marked as the jurisdiction. The RCMP, iMMIgration checks have passed and the status says Active. The priority is 2-medium,no RQ, no tests ,no oath scheduled, the officer ID.is a number of some kind. Can you shed any light on this if you can or you would need more info about my report? Does this mean it has been transferred to Calgary you figure? Each page, 18 of them, show the action taken when processing started in Sydney,the date March 28 and the time. Now after that, the last action was taken by a CIC with a different ID, responsible office and jurisdiction says Calgary CIC. So does this mean it was transferred already? It looks like the most recent transaction was in August by another officer with different ID. So....what do you think? Im thinking you might understand this stuff better than me. Thanks dude.
Thanks dear for your detailed reply .

Well honestly I do not know much about ATIP reports , however from your explanation it appears that your file has been already transferred to your local office .The only way to confirm in my view is to call CIC call centre to know about the exact date of transfer.For sure , they will be able to provide this info .I do hope that if other 2014 applicants are able to share their timelines we would have a better idea of the trend.

All the best !

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
alexdive said:

Cheers,
Thanks for your input ! There is a good chance that your local office will be Calgary instead of Edmonton .Usually people living in south of Calgary (Medicine Hat , Lethbridge ,Brooks etc) have Calgary as their local office.Not sure about Red Deer , however as you are nearer to Calgary than Edmonton so hopefully it will be your office.

You might even get processed 1-2 months earlier than us as usually people living in Medicine Hat and Lethbridge (people living in areas which are around 2.5 hours drive from the local office ) get their test and oath on the same day , which shaves around 1-2 months from their timeline . So stay positive and keep us posted !

I am going to apply next week so will be in the line up very soon .

All the best !

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
can_aussie said:
Hello all Calgary applicants

As you know Calgary is one of the slowest in processing Citizenship applications.
Please write to your local MP to bring in fair processing for Calgary applicants.

As someone already posted links. I have sent letter to my MP.

Also please sign the following petition:

Please make them listen our voices.
Hello,
Please advise how to write a letter to MP just in case I have to.
Thanks

Nong Noni

Sep 12, 2014
Hi everyone in Calgary. Here is my timeline.

I applied for citizenship August 29, 2011. (From Calgary SW)
Received letter and study guide October 3, 2011.
Received Residence Questionaire December 9, 2012.
Sent the RQ December 14, 2012.
February 20, 2014, called CIS Call Centre, spoke to Joanne, she said she would send a note to Alberta about my file.
May 8, 2014. Called the call centre again, spoke to Penny, "3797". She advised if you don't here anything by September 1st call her back.
We have tried to call three times, cannot get through to anyone, machine says they are too busy to take calls.

Anyone waiting for more than 3 years, as I have, please let me know if I am doing something wrong or what I can do.

For those that applied in 2014 and are impatient, as you can see from my timeline, I think you have a long wait ahead of you.

All the best.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
Nong Noni said:
Hi everyone in Calgary. Here is my timeline.

I applied for citizenship August 29, 2011. (From Calgary SW)
Received letter and study guide October 3, 2011.
Received Residence Questionaire December 9, 2012.
Sent the RQ December 14, 2012.
February 20, 2014, called CIS Call Centre, spoke to Joanne, she said she would send a note to Alberta about my file.
May 8, 2014. Called the call centre again, spoke to Penny, "3797". She advised if you don't here anything by September 1st call her back.
We have tried to call three times, cannot get through to anyone, machine says they are too busy to take calls.

Anyone waiting for more than 3 years, as I have, please let me know if I am doing something wrong or what I can do.

For those that applied in 2014 and are impatient, as you can see from my timeline, I think you have a long wait ahead of you.

All the best.
Hie there

Sorry to learn your experience hasn't really been the best. In fairness to you and us, (2014 applicants) , we have had a $44million boost to help speed up the processing and a new decision making model in effect as well more new citizenship requirements coming into effect any day now to slow the flood of applications. The $400 application fee in my mind is just a cost recovery for the $44million already dispatched to this programme.Now it doesn't surprise me that 2014 applicants will still nonetheless get speedier responses. Also, we are approaching winter, so CIC and other gvt clerks are back in office from their summer breaks.Now, kudos to you for being so patient, it seems like Calgary processes RQs very differently than other offices, I think once an application is flagged for RQ, here they shelve it and concerntrate on more straight forward applications and if they get the chance to, they will get to RQ flagged applications.Thats the unfortunate aspect here in Calgary. Since your timeline have exceeded greatly, I encourage you to file for manandus , if CIC is being this incompetent, they need to be forced to be competent and once you file this, the justice department will directly look at your case and IF you indeed meet all the requirements of Canadian citizenship, they will order CIC to issue you your test and oath. You will be given dates, so I doubt you will be in a line up, CIC will be ordered to make space for you and it will be up to you to make sure you pass and attend your oath ceremony.I wouldn't have waited this long if I were you,nonetheless I would action this ASAP since you have a chance of succeeding here, your timelines are outside of CIC processing times and they have nothing to loose,you do. You paid $200, demand services due to you.Engage a lawyer who will file all this on your behalf, its time to get the other gear in process.All the best and keep us posted.