LANDED..........
Already in Canada
She ordered the electronic notes !!!

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
AINP2014 said:
but as per your GCMS notes you mentioned before .. they have still to do alot of work and they did not start eligiblity and security which is strange ..
how they did not start all that since they have your case ..
Yes, that is the most curious part of the notes to me. That Criminality was completed first. Presume completion of Criminality was the result of receiving a complete set of PCCs. As for the Eligibility, perhaps they were waiting for all of the Schedule A Background Information, including our 18 year old?

Still curious what the difference between Security and Criminality is.

I applied for these notes by a paper application through the post on March 11. Only after I posted the request in the mail did I discover another set of instructions on the forum about the ability to apply electronically. Wish there was a single instruction post at the top of the forum with simple details on how to do it and instructions for each line on the form. I found only a scatter of references across dozens of posts. Seldom complete.

So I will submit electronically for a new set on the 1st of each month to watch for changes in the notes and some indication as to where we are at. I'm assuming given our family size, this is going to take a while to get through.

shifat

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
OPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2013
Doc's Request.
Nothing yet
Nomination.....
PNP June 12, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 13, 2013
IELTS Request
Already got 7
File Transfer...
In process since Dec 23, 2013
Med's Request
Sep 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 25, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Since Sep 03, 2010
ivan124 said:
She ordered the electronic notes !!!
Thanks. Do you remember, when she applied?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Boycut said:
hi evan ,
can you pls tell me how to get these notes ?
Instructions on how to order GCMS for your application
Two general methods:
1. Complete a paper form IMM5563E and mail it
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

2. Submit a request on-line:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

3. If someone else is applying, you must grant your consent for them to apply on your behalf using form IMM5744
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

There are two different ways to request the notes, each are provided under separate provisions of Candian law:

Privacy Act- Requesting notes under this law is free but can be done only by someone physically present in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

Access to Information Act (ATIA)- Requesting notes under this law is subject to a CA$5.00 application fee but can be applied for either inside or outside of Canada.

It is unclear to me whether someone can apply on your behalf under either of the two laws or only under ATIA.

Comments?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
AINP2014 said:
but as per your GCMS notes you mentioned before .. they have still to do alot of work and they did not start eligiblity and security which is strange ..
how they did not start all that since they have your case ..
I just found this interesting post elsewhere on the forum. Very detailed information as to how the process proceeds:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/security-background-check-long-wait-after-medical-cec-t102642.0.html;msg1416955#msg1416955

From reading that post, it seems they don't begin the Security check until the Eligibility passes.
I still presume the Criminality passed based on the submitted PCCs.

Wonder what the criteria is for Eligibility to pass? It seems it is beyond the basic qualification criteria to apply.

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
hfinkel said:
Yes, that is the most curious part of the notes to me. That Criminality was completed first. Presume completion of Criminality was the result of receiving a complete set of PCCs. As for the Eligibility, perhaps they were waiting for all of the Schedule A Background Information, including our 18 year old?

Still curious what the difference between Security and Criminality is.

I applied for these notes by a paper application through the post on March 11. Only after I posted the request in the mail did I discover another set of instructions on the forum about the ability to apply electronically. Wish there was a single instruction post at the top of the forum with simple details on how to do it and instructions for each line on the form. I found only a scatter of references across dozens of posts. Seldom complete.

So I will submit electronically for a new set on the 1st of each month to watch for changes in the notes and some indication as to where we are at. I'm assuming given our family size, this is going to take a while to get through.
I guess the reason it is taking so long for you is because CIC is/was waiting for a complete set of PCC's but you submitted in pieces, and reason for the "eligibility" thing the CIC is/was waiting for the Schedule "A" form of your 18 years old

Boycut

Sep 30, 2013
hfinkel said:
Instructions on how to order GCRM for your application
Two general methods:
1. Complete a paper form IMM5563E and mail it
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

2. Submit a request on-line:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

3. If someone else is applying, you must grant your consent for them to apply on your behalf using form IMM5744
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

There are two different ways to request the notes, each are provided under separate provisions of Candian law:

Privacy Act- Requesting notes under this law is free but can be done only by someone physically present in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

Access to Information Act (ATIA)- Requesting notes under this law is subject to a CA$5.00 application fee but can be applied for outside of Canada.

It is unclear to me whether someone can apply on your behalf under either of the two laws or only under ATIA.

Comments?
Thankyou
Is it under acess to information Act or privacy act

Cyntact11

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
Nomination.....
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
September 23, 2013
Med's Request
September 23, 2013
Med's Done....
October 6, 2013
Passport Req..
May 5, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Boycut said:
Thankyou
Access to information act

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Boycut said:
Thankyou
You choose which Act you will use in your application for the information.

Your selection is primarily based on where you are physically present.
If you are in Canada, file your request under the Privacy Act.
If you are outside Canada, file your request under the ATIA and pay CA$5.

You select which law you will pursue your request by checking the applicable box on the form.

Cyntact11

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
Nomination.....
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
September 23, 2013
Med's Request
September 23, 2013
Med's Done....
October 6, 2013
Passport Req..
May 5, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
hfinkel said:

You select which law you will pursue your request by checking the applicable box on the form.
Im in Canada and I ordered the Notes under Access to information Act... privacy act Is different.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Cyntact11 said:
Im in Canada and I ordered the Notes under Access to information Act... privacy act Is different.
If in Canada, I understand you can choose either Act. It's just that requests under Privacy Act are free.

Cyntact11

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
Nomination.....
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
September 23, 2013
Med's Request
September 23, 2013
Med's Done....
October 6, 2013
Passport Req..
May 5, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
hfinkel said:

The Access to Information Act gives every Canadian citizen, permanent resident, individual or corporation in Canada the right to request access to records that are under the control of federal government institutions, regardless of their format.

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to their personal information. This Act governs the federal government’s collection, retention, use and disclosure of that information. It also provides individuals with a right of access to their personal information.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ivan124 said:
I guess the reason it is taking so long for you is because CIC is/was waiting for a complete set of PCC's but you submitted in pieces, and reason for the "eligibility" thing the CIC is/was waiting for the Schedule "A" form of your 18 years old
Yes, this is possible. However, they received the remaining documents back in December. Do they really take this long to register them? But since the Criminality check shows "passed" it seemed to me that it wasn't the PCCs.

Waiting for the last Schedule A Background form seemed like the likely candidate reason why they have not completed the Eligibility- but even after receiving it in December???

I look forward to next month's peek at the notes.

Thanks.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Cyntact11 said:
Curious-- Did you pay $5 under Access to Information Act?

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
hfinkel said:
Yes, this is possible. However, they received the remaining documents back in December. Do they really take this long to register them? But since the Criminality check shows "passed" it seemed to me that it wasn't the PCCs.

Waiting for the last Schedule A Background form seemed like the likely candidate reason why they have not completed the Eligibility- but even after receiving it in December???

I look forward to next month's peek at the notes.

Thanks.
Yea, maybe this month's gonna bring some good news because this really is too much of a waiting most applicants here are "in process" since December and in next 2/3 months their medicals gonna expire and CIC will have to call for the passport before that. I know of few applicants in the past who had to redo their medicals but the ratio is 5:50. I hope this month's gonna bring some positive update to all of us.