Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
You know what...........

I just noticed that doctor (Yankova) I used..... has been taken off the approved medical panel list. Do you think that is why they asked for more medicals? I guess it's dumb if it does affect my application because she was approved at the time. Guess it's another Call Centre issue Monday.

Looked at my letter about application in progress, and in bold it says 'by an approved panel physician'.

Pretty pissed off if this is the case......
If it is really the reason your medical is being asked again at that point that would suck big time.
We also went with Dr. Yankova back in March 2012 when we did the medical for my wife and I am surprised her name is no longer on the list of approved doctors.
We even went back to the same clinic this summer to renew some prescription and she was still there doing immigration exams.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
kidvicious1 said:
You know what...........

I just noticed that doctor (Yankova) I used..... has been taken off the approved medical panel list. Do you think that is why they asked for more medicals? I guess it's dumb if it does affect my application because she was approved at the time. Guess it's another Call Centre issue Monday.

Looked at my letter about application in progress, and in bold it says 'by an approved panel physician'.

Pretty pissed off if this is the case......
I think Dr. Yankova did my medical/physical exam too back in August 2012. It's the Dr. yankova at Plaza Cote des neiges right? I hope it's just a little mistake from CIC. It really sucks that you end up spending money for your medical for nothing. :-(

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Yeah the one at Cotes des Nieges. I will phone CIC tomorrow. My husband thinks maybe they would ask for a new medical if she was caught doing something bad like taking bribes. I'll try find out if it's just a mistake, because I am sure she has done like 100 more medical exams before being removed, and the CIC couldn't just make all those obsolete. CIC call centre isn't often helpful though.

Booking a new medical for now anyway, just in case. Yay, more needles and x-rays... o.o

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Tow, so your interview was for Canada or Quebec? The interview was in response to CSQ app? Or you got CSQ and then they gave you interview?
The interview was just to grant AIP - for next stage? Not an overall interview for Perm Res?
Now I am confused about when interviews might be :p
My husband got his CSQ without a problem in April, and in August our file was transferred to the local CIC. So our interview happened before AIP because they clearly had some doubts about our relationship. To be honest I wasn't surprised that it was transferred for a few reasons...like our short engagement, issues with my husband being out of status etc...we both felt that the initial application our consultant prepared was weak. Basically if CIC transfers the file after CSQ and before AIP, it means they have doubts about the relationship. Our consultant refused to admit that and told us my husband would get PR AT THE INTERVIEW, and that they just want to "make sure we show up to the interview together". Choosing a consultant was a huge mistake. I just wish we could get an answer from the IO!!!!

IF we actually do get approved (and the IO is just making us work for AIP- we think there's about a 1% chance of this happening) he'll have to redo his medicals as well. We went to the Cote des Neiges office as well but the doctor was a man. That's ridiculous about you having to redo them!!!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Just checked ecas and it says decision made on both sponsorship and permanent residency. So this is definitely a refusal we just have to wait for the letter to arrive. I'm glad I've had time to get ready for this mentally but it's still devastating... But at the same time we have solid grounds for a federal court case. I wish it didn't have to come to this though.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
tow75 said:
Just checked ecas and it says decision made on both sponsorship and permanent residency. So this is definitely a refusal we just have to wait for the letter to arrive. I'm glad I've had time to get ready for this mentally but it's still devastating... But at the same time we have solid grounds for a federal court case. I wish it didn't have to come to this though.
I am so sorry for you, tow! I hope things go well at federal court.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Thought i just posted this so sorry if double post -

Sorry Tow, Wish you the best of luck at court. I am sure you can do it, and you and your partner can be safe and home in Canada as soon as possible xx

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
WOW when did their holidays start if they didn't have time from the 14th?!?! I guess that's why i am not getting a reply about my letter too.
5th Jan now, no more holidays to come so I hope they send it for you asap...
I called CIC again this morning and learned that the invitation to proceed with CSQ has still not been sent. This should have been fast, since it is just a resend of a letter that they supposedly sent already in November, and it did not make it to our home. :'(

I was disappointed and had a long discussion with the agent on the phone.
He said that since CIC has my email address on file, we should receive an email, not a letter. So I asked why did sent us a letter (which we never received) and not an email, in November.
His answer "the agent must have misread your file".

I am hoping that they do not misread again! This is very frustrating. Makes us feel like we are not human beings to them ... which I told the agent. :-[

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Who to trust, Vegreville or Call centre? Both seem to be out of touch with each other in my case and yours lol.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
Who to trust, Vegreville or Call centre? Both seem to be out of touch with each other in my case and yours lol.
This is scary, eh? Can't wait for all of this to be over!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks!! We didn't get our refusal letter today, so we're really hoping it will come tomorrow because we'll have lots to do...finding someone to take our apartment, selling all our furniture, leaving my job, getting our pets on the plane with us...we want to make this as easy as possible for everyone involved.

The worst thing is that the IO wasn't that rude to us in the interview and made us so hopeful. She was hard on us but we both thought she was just doing her job and being fair. She made all this nice small talk at the end, and said that the interview "went well" and she had a "good feeling" and all this other nice stuff. She was totally playing with us - she knew she was going to refuse even in the interview. It's like she enjoyed messing with us....I wonder how these people sleep at night.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Guys!

I have a question! We are filling up the forms for the CSQ and the sponsorship application for QC.

There is a part were it ask for family members coming with me and then another one with the ones NOT coming with me, What I understand is that it refers to family members who are my dependants, is that right??

I think we should leave it blank (N/A) but my boyfriend insist I have to write my parents and brothers, even if they are not my dependants .

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Loops said:
Guys!

I have a question! We are filling up the forms for the CSQ and the sponsorship application for QC.

There is a part were it ask for family members coming with me and then another one with the ones NOT coming with me, What I understand is that it refers to family members who are my dependants, is that right??

I think we should leave it blank (N/A) but my boyfriend insist I have to write my parents and brothers, even if they are not my dependants .
If they are not your dependants, you should leave it blank.

Quote from the sponsorship guide:
Members of the principal sponsored person’s family are his or her spouse, de facto
spouse, his or her dependent children and, if applicable, these children’s dependent
children.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Chickadee said:
If they are not your dependants, you should leave it blank.

Quote from the sponsorship guide:
Members of the principal sponsored person's family are his or her spouse, de facto
spouse, his or her dependent children and, if applicable, these children's dependent
children.
Yeeeeiii!!! I knew it!! I remember I saw it before!! :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Loops said:
Yeeeeiii!!! I knew it!! I remember I saw it before!! :)
Glad I could help. 8)