App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
7.5,SENT WITH APPLICATION
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is planning to make changes to the existing FSW selection criteria points that were established in 2002.

A recent evaluation of the FSW program showed that though the existing selection criteria points based on: education, language proficiency, work experience, age, whether the applicant has arranged employment in Canada and the applicant’s overall adaptability (eg. spouse’s education, previous work or study in Canada, direct relatives in Canada) is working well ... there is room for improvement. The changes will not alter the existing six (6) selection criteria but it will change the number of points assigned to the criteria and the way points are assessed or allocated.

Listed below are the proposed changes to the existing FSW program:

1. Greater emphasis on language proficiency – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for the first official language proficiency from 16 to 20 points and at the same time introduce minimum language requirements based on occupation. CIC will consult on increasing the maximum points awarded for proficiency in language and on establishing minimum language requirements depending on the immigrant’s skill level. For example, managers or professionals would have different requirement from trades people. Rationale: A 2005 Statistics Canada study found that the employment rates of immigrants increased relative to their English or French language proficiency. It also found that language proficiency had the biggest positive impact on the immigrant’s ability to work in high-skilled professions. Language proficiency is an important factor in an immigrant’s success.

2. More points based on age – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for age from 10 to 12 points. Maximum points will be awarded until age 35, with a gradual decrease of points until age 49. No age points will be awarded after age 50. Rationale: Research shows that immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 to 30 have been found to have the greatest positive economic impact on the receiving country. In contrast, immigrants aged 45 years and older experience unemployment rates almost double those aged 25 to 34 years old. Younger immigrants are more likely to adapt more quickly to their new environment and provide greater positive contribution to the economy. Approximately 27% of FSW immigrants who arrived between 2000 and 2006 were over the age of 40 and Canada wants to attract younger immigrants.

3. Reduce years of education required – CIC proposes to reduce the number of years of education required to claim points for trade or non-university post secondary education. This change will improve eligibility of skilled trade persons, technicians and apprentices who have valid post secondary education but not the required number of years of study. Rationale: Canada is facing shortages of workers in certain skilled trades.

Immigrants can help address this need. Skilled trades people currently make up less than 3% of all FSW applicants. CIC wants to help qualified trades people immigrate to Canada. Education points are now based on the university degree or trade diploma (ie. post secondary education) and the number of years of education completed. The required years of education is intended to help ensure the quality of the credential. However, years of education required reflects the Canadian educational system and fails to take into account the differences with respect to the immigrant’s home country school system.

4. Reduce points based on work experience – CIC proposes to decrease the maximum points awarded to work experience from 21 to 15 points. It is also proposed to increase the range of years within which points are allotted. This means that applicants need to have more work experience in order to get awarded maximum points. The points previously allotted to work experience will be reallocated to age and language proficiency selection criteria. Rationale: Research shows that the FSW program places more weight on foreign work experience compared to other countries.

Study shows that foreign work experience is a weak predictor of success in the Canadian labour market. Currently, an applicant is awarded 21 points for only 4 years of work experience. The overall weight of foreign work experience in the selection criteria will be reduced to more accurately reflect its true value.

5. More rigorous rules on Arranged Employment Offers – CIC proposes more strict regulatory provisions and definitions to enforce tighter front-end assessment of the potential employer and the job being offered. Provisions are also proposed to increase the Visa Officer’s authority to assess the validity/genuineness of the job offer and the applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job being offered. The changes could also require employers to sign a document confirming their commitment to hire the immigrant and restrictions or penalties to the employers, if they do not fulfill their written commitment. Rationale: Arranged Employment Offer awards the applicant a total of 15 points in the FSW selection criteria (ie. 10 points for arranged employment and 5 points for adaptability) and waives the requirement for settlement funds. Due to these advantages, this selection criterion has been susceptible to exploitation of persons attempting to immigrate with a fraudulent job offer. Employers sometimes provide bogus job offers for a fee to recruiting agencies that in turn victimizes unknowing would be immigrants.

Summary: Current vs. Proposed Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid

Selection Criteria Current System Proposed System
Education 25 25
Language 24 28
Work Experience 21 15
Age 10 12
Arranged Employment 10 10
Adaptability 10 10
Total 100 100
The above listed changes are just proposals at this time. CIC is meeting with various groups to solicit comments and input with regards to the proposed changes. Results of the consultations and final changes to the FSW program will be announced in the future.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
malenurseindia said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is planning to make changes to the existing FSW selection criteria points that were established in 2002.

A recent evaluation of the FSW program showed that though the existing selection criteria points based on: education, language proficiency, work experience, age, whether the applicant has arranged employment in Canada and the applicant's overall adaptability (eg. spouse's education, previous work or study in Canada, direct relatives in Canada) is working well ... there is room for improvement. The changes will not alter the existing six (6) selection criteria but it will change the number of points assigned to the criteria and the way points are assessed or allocated.

Listed below are the proposed changes to the existing FSW program:

1. Greater emphasis on language proficiency – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for the first official language proficiency from 16 to 20 points and at the same time introduce minimum language requirements based on occupation. CIC will consult on increasing the maximum points awarded for proficiency in language and on establishing minimum language requirements depending on the immigrant's skill level. For example, managers or professionals would have different requirement from trades people. Rationale: A 2005 Statistics Canada study found that the employment rates of immigrants increased relative to their English or French language proficiency. It also found that language proficiency had the biggest positive impact on the immigrant's ability to work in high-skilled professions. Language proficiency is an important factor in an immigrant's success.

2. More points based on age – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for age from 10 to 12 points. Maximum points will be awarded until age 35, with a gradual decrease of points until age 49. No age points will be awarded after age 50. Rationale: Research shows that immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 to 30 have been found to have the greatest positive economic impact on the receiving country. In contrast, immigrants aged 45 years and older experience unemployment rates almost double those aged 25 to 34 years old. Younger immigrants are more likely to adapt more quickly to their new environment and provide greater positive contribution to the economy. Approximately 27% of FSW immigrants who arrived between 2000 and 2006 were over the age of 40 and Canada wants to attract younger immigrants.

3. Reduce years of education required – CIC proposes to reduce the number of years of education required to claim points for trade or non-university post secondary education. This change will improve eligibility of skilled trade persons, technicians and apprentices who have valid post secondary education but not the required number of years of study. Rationale: Canada is facing shortages of workers in certain skilled trades.

Immigrants can help address this need. Skilled trades people currently make up less than 3% of all FSW applicants. CIC wants to help qualified trades people immigrate to Canada. Education points are now based on the university degree or trade diploma (ie. post secondary education) and the number of years of education completed. The required years of education is intended to help ensure the quality of the credential. However, years of education required reflects the Canadian educational system and fails to take into account the differences with respect to the immigrant's home country school system.

4. Reduce points based on work experience – CIC proposes to decrease the maximum points awarded to work experience from 21 to 15 points. It is also proposed to increase the range of years within which points are allotted. This means that applicants need to have more work experience in order to get awarded maximum points. The points previously allotted to work experience will be reallocated to age and language proficiency selection criteria. Rationale: Research shows that the FSW program places more weight on foreign work experience compared to other countries.

Study shows that foreign work experience is a weak predictor of success in the Canadian labour market. Currently, an applicant is awarded 21 points for only 4 years of work experience. The overall weight of foreign work experience in the selection criteria will be reduced to more accurately reflect its true value.

5. More rigorous rules on Arranged Employment Offers – CIC proposes more strict regulatory provisions and definitions to enforce tighter front-end assessment of the potential employer and the job being offered. Provisions are also proposed to increase the Visa Officer's authority to assess the validity/genuineness of the job offer and the applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job being offered. The changes could also require employers to sign a document confirming their commitment to hire the immigrant and restrictions or penalties to the employers, if they do not fulfill their written commitment. Rationale: Arranged Employment Offer awards the applicant a total of 15 points in the FSW selection criteria (ie. 10 points for arranged employment and 5 points for adaptability) and waives the requirement for settlement funds. Due to these advantages, this selection criterion has been susceptible to exploitation of persons attempting to immigrate with a fraudulent job offer. Employers sometimes provide bogus job offers for a fee to recruiting agencies that in turn victimizes unknowing would be immigrants.

Summary: Current vs. Proposed Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid

Selection Criteria Current System Proposed System
Education 25 25
Language 24 28
Work Experience 21 15
Age 10 12
Arranged Employment 10 10
Adaptability 10 10
Total 100 100
The above listed changes are just proposals at this time. CIC is meeting with various groups to solicit comments and input with regards to the proposed changes. Results of the consultations and final changes to the FSW program will be announced in the future.
what's about passing marks? will it be the same? ???

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
same ......67

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
malenurseindia said:
same ......67
good change but they will fixed a certain minimum score in IELTS from 2012 i guess. lets see how it is. may be minimum 7 they will ask :(

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
no no not that much high but anything above 6 is expected

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
malenurseindia said:
no no not that much high but anything above 6 is expected
Australia ask for 7 minimum ... LOL
Lets hope for the best... am waiting for the july 2012 FSW :p

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
so wats ur strategy for beating cap

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
hadikhan64 said:
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks
you need to discuss it wid ur bank mate. i think ur bank didnt allow the transaction. ur bank will give u the right answer why this happens. CIO shouldn't debit and credit like this but it mcan be their technical fault aswell. Good Luck. ;D

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@malenurseindia, This news is outdated (six months back)......... please post something refreshing!!!!!

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request