+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kcdasoju said:
I don’t want to use any bad words, folks at CPC-M are ed-up, they have created the mess and do not want to fix the mess and don’t want to admit it. we fell between those cracks

In my case I have submitted my additional documents on 25th Nov 2015 and received Acknowledgement on 24th Feb 2016, and as of today its still in a OPEN STATE at CPC-M (Based on conversation with CIC agent: Open means it’s not yet processed / reviewed to make a decision)

When asked about expected time line, answer to it was “can-not provide”, are there any issues with my application at this time: Agent does not know. Since CIC web site says Working on applications received on or before November 4, 2011, so no action can be taken.

What I understand for my conversation with the agent is Last few applicants of 2011 are the sufferers, and they don’t care about it.

Call center representative says yes they are processing 2014 applications, he agreed that there will be cases from 2014 received approval, it’s not a surprise, unfortunately call center representative does not know how the Queue are handled
This has happened every year. I am a case from 2011 who has received visas but I know many people who applied in 2010 and are still waiting for visas.

I feel bad about their longer wait, but then there will be some 2015 cases which will get visas before some 2014 cases and then a little later some 2016 cases will get visas before some 2015 cases.

This situation at CIC has always occurred every year. I have been seeing it for many years on this forum nothing new. The initial problem was that no cases from this batch had been processed but now that is no longer the case. One member from this batch has also received visas.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
soonihope said:
This has happened every year. I am a case from 2011 who has received visas but I know many people who applied in 2010 and are still waiting for visas.

I feel bad about their longer wait, but then there will be some 2015 cases which will get visas before some 2014 cases and then a little later some 2016 cases will get visas before some 2015 cases.

This situation at CIC has always occurred every year. I have been seeing it for many years on this forum nothing new. The initial problem was that no cases from this batch had been processed but now that is no longer the case. One member from this batch has also received visas.
I don't agree with it (Application format was provide by CIC) and used it, after three years they change the format and ask to resubmit and place me back behind the Queue, was not fair.

this afternoon I yelled at the Call canter agent, it was a rough conversation, this look place while I was at work, around 4:00PM today someone from CIC called me at my home number while I was still at work, they left a message to call back to CIC

will let you know the outcome soon

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! congrats for everybody who got medical for parents! I updated the table. Please check the signature!

No updates for us yet...

avajurug

Sep 4, 2014
I had talked to my local MP's office. A lady from her office called me today and said that she had talked to CIC and CIC told her that STEP 1 of my application which is my eligibility as a sponsor has been approved and now my application is in STEP 2 which is finding out the eligibility of my parents.

She said STEP 1 was completed on 28-April. Now I am not sure what it means because i haven't heard anything from CIC yet and also when I check my application status, it still shows "Application Received in June 2011". So I am confused. Can anyone help me understand please.

These are my timelines:
Application Submitted June 2011
Additional documents requested July 2015
Document submitted Oct 2015
AOR Dec 2015

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
avajurug said:
I had talked to my local MP's office. A lady from her office called me today and said that she had talked to CIC and CIC told her that STEP 1 of my application which is my eligibility as a sponsor has been approved and now my application is in STEP 2 which is finding out the eligibility of my parents.

She said STEP 1 was completed on 28-April. Now I am not sure what it means because i haven't heard anything from CIC yet and also when I check my application status, it still shows "Application Received in June 2011". So I am confused. Can anyone help me understand please.

These are my timelines:
Application Submitted June 2011
Additional documents requested July 2015
Document submitted Oct 2015
AOR Dec 2015
Youre not the first person I've read with a similar story... there's others (yes some I'm 2014) who have had requests from LVO but havnt received first stage sponsorship approval....which is confusing everyone. .. I have a feeling hat maybe cic can't keep up and are processing as fast as they can and forgetting to notify everyone? It's the only explanation I can think of...clerical Admin errors.... I think if you hear from your LVO it can only be a good thing, just go with it! :)

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
As per my information they send letter of approval after both steps...local
office does only interview (if required) medical,issue visa..thanks..

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
kcdasoju said:
I don’t want to use any bad words, folks at CPC-M are ed-up, they have created the mess and do not want to fix the mess and don’t want to admit it. we fell between those cracks

In my case I have submitted my additional documents on 25th Nov 2015 and received Acknowledgement on 24th Feb 2016, and as of today its still in a OPEN STATE at CPC-M (Based on conversation with CIC agent: Open means it’s not yet processed / reviewed to make a decision)

When asked about expected time line, answer to it was “can-not provide”, are there any issues with my application at this time: Agent does not know. Since CIC web site says Working on applications received on or before November 4, 2011, so no action can be taken.

What I understand for my conversation with the agent is Last few applicants of 2011 are the sufferers, and they don’t care about it.

Call center representative says yes they are processing 2014 applications, he agreed that there will be cases from 2014 received approval, it’s not a surprise, unfortunately call center representative does not know how the Queue are handled
I can understand the frustration of applicant but honestly, we should not be complaining or feel bad about 2014/2015 application getting process. Please note that year 2014/2015 onward had it's own yearly quota and being processed under new rules set forth at that time within their own yearly quote limit. When CIC restarted accepting parents sponsorship in 2014 they only accepted application until that yearly quota filled. Any application received after the quote completed were returned back therefore, no back-log exist for year 2014. Same thing happened to year 2015 and onward. If those applications are getting process that is perfectly fine as they have different rules and different yearly quota.

Year 2011 application are being processes according to different quota and under different rules. This year CIC announced additional 5000 quota for parents and grand parents category to make it total 10,000 to cover the back-log which will be applied to 2011 cases or any left over of 2010 applications. Since 2014 onward there is no back-log (since all applications were returned back after quota finished) therefore, recently announced additional 5000 will go for year 2011 or 2010.

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
kcdasoju said:
I don't agree with it (Application format was provide by CIC) and used it, after three years they change the format and ask to resubmit and place me back behind the Queue, was not fair.

this afternoon I yelled at the Call canter agent, it was a rough conversation, this look place while I was at work, around 4:00PM today someone from CIC called me at my home number while I was still at work, they left a message to call back to CIC

will let you know the outcome soon
hope you are all right, I am totally agree with you, CIC process 2014 before 2011 is UNFAIR!
We all know 2014 & 2015 have different quota and requirement with 2011, but this can't be the excuse they process their cases before 2011.
From what I know, complaining is useless... The only thing we can do is wait wait and wait....

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Diudiu-Van said:
hope you are all right, I am totally agree with you, CIC process 2014 before 2011 is UNFAIR!
We all know 2014 & 2015 have different quota and requirement with 2011, but this can't be the excuse they process their cases before 2011.
From what I know, complaining is useless... The only thing we can do is wait wait and wait....
I called CIC guy was so rude. He was asking we are not free to thanks emails to confirm that we received your letters.

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Hi,

How i can update my phone no...address is still same.

Thanks,

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kcdasoju said:
Reason for CPC calling me yesterday

I have obtained GCMS notes the month of March 2016 and read the following
Notes:4
Created date: 2013/03/05
Created and updated by: MR6937
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC Mississauga
Text: Co-Signer Left blank the box # 4 in Statutory Questions

From this I know something was missing but did not know which specific question and box and which form, so no action was take by me.

Yesterday CPC employ called me at home, so I contacted them today and individual says the I have not answered one question on form IMM 1344 A page 4 of 5, Eligibility Assessment / Q4: do you reside in Canada and in no other country? Co-signer: yes or No.

So they will be sending me a letter asking me to have the IMM 1344 A document resubmitted one more time

When it was identified in 2013, why did they not inform me, now this would take another six to seven months who knows how many months it would take now
With all due respect this was a very important question you left unanswered. Both the sponsor and co signer need to reside in Canada. You can't blame CIC for delays because you have failed to answer all the questions. Answering all the questions is the applicants responsibility not CIC's. Think yourself lucky this mistake was not made under the new rules as your application would now have been returned as incomplete.

Leaving the question blank could be interpreted as a NO answer and hence make you ineligible to be a sponsor or co signer. If a question does not apply to you then you should write not applicable but never leave it unanswered.

Also regarding your point why was this not checked in 2013 because at that time they were not processing this batch of applications.

been.bittu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2011
Doc's Request.
JULY 2014
AOR Received.
OCT 2014
File Transfer...
MARCH 2016
Med's Request
APRIL 2016
Med's Done....
APRIL 2016
Passport Req..
NOV 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2016
LANDED..........
DEC 2016
hi kesanya can u pls add me in chart here is my profile

APPLIED ON APR 2011
AOR JUNE 2011
ADDITION DOCUMENTS REQ ON JUNE 2014
DOCUMENTS SENT ON SEPT 2014
AOR ON NOV 2014
SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL ON MARCH 2016
TRANSFER TO LVO MARCH 2016 LVO NEW DELHI
MEDICAL DONE ON APR 2016

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....

AJade

Mar 12, 2016
Good News! My parents received medical request from Ottawa office on May 9 through email. They were here on visitor visa and returned back to India on May 2. They completed their medical today.

Ksenya please update my timeline. Thank you.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Congrats on the medical request. Regarding FBI clearance there are some useful threads on this which you may want to read. Some people have found it takes a while to get the certificate so start your process quickly.
Also I have seen other people who had never stayed more than 6 months in the US in one stretch get asked to provide FBI certificates.
Thanks SoonIhope.

What puzzles me is why would they send Medical request and ask for FBI clearance in separate emails? In one of the threads i was reading it mentioned sometimes each file goes through multiple review by various officers. If an officer feels they need a doc, they send an email. But the next Officer, may think everything is fine then they would send the next request in line i.e., in this case Medicals. May be i am over thinking ;) We have sent the finger prints for FBI clearance but it would take atleast 13 to 15 weeks to get that. Have booked medicals for next week.

I am expecting my GCMS to come next week, hopefully, that would provide some more details. Will any ways drop CPC Ottawa an email letting them know that i have applied for FBI clearance and it would take around 3 months and also that my parents have never stayed for more than 5 months ( at a stretch or combined) in the US, i hadn't applied for it beforehand. CIC check list says you apply for PCC from a country where you have stayed for more than 6 months at a stretch.

Hoping for the best outcome soon :)

Cheers,
Moongs