+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jessie50 said:
Hey guys I'm on same boat as you are..But good news is that I just got my sponsorship approval today..so all be patient..Hopefully you all are going to get approval in days... :D :D :D :D
Congrats. Did you receive email or letter post saying that your sponsorship is approved?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcdasoju said:
Dear Friends
Could someone help me by letting me know how long it would take to get Permanent Residence to my Parents who are living in India

Following are the details of my application
1. I have filed my Application to sponsor my parents to CIC Mississauga in 12th Sep 2011, along with the following documents.
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Sponsorship Agreement (IMM44B)
Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
Fee Receipt (IMM5401)

2. On 4th March 2013, I have received a letter from CIC Mississauga that they have received my application to sponsor my parents, and this document listed UCI and Application Number and my Parents Name were listed on it.

3. On 26th Oct 2015, I have received another letter from CIC Mississauga stating that they are now ready to begin processing my sponsorship application and they require additional information. And they have given a big list

Option C Printout
Generic Application form to Canada IMM 0008
Scheduled A: Background Declaration IMM 5669
Additional Family Information IMM 5406
Travel documents and Passports
Proof of relation Ship to Sponsor in Canada
Identity and Civil Status Documents
Right of Permanent residence fee

4. On 25th Nov 2015, I have submitted all the documents requested above along with the supporting documents that were requested.

5. On 24th Feb 2016, I have received a third letter stating that

CIC Mississauga has have received requested documents from me to process my parents Permanent residence

They have determined that my application is complete.

In addition they say now my application will be placed in Processing Queue and will be processed based on the date that the complete application was received.
Does this mean that i have submitted the Application to Sponsor my parents that is completed in all respect and I am being placed in Queue with the applications that were received in Jan 2016, or 2015, 2014, 2013???.

This is something frustrating

Can any one of you please advise on this topic

With regards

Ramesh
Congrats I think this means your sponsorship is approved
You are on second stage queue. I m not sure if 2014 cases get to second stage stright without any further document request. Since process has changed from 2011 to 2014. New applications have all document including parents signature in first go

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jhutti said:
Congrats I think this means your sponsorship is approved
You are on second stage queue. I m not sure if 2014 cases get to second stage stright without any further document request. Since process has changed from 2011 to 2014. New applications have all document including parents signature in first go
This in not sponsorship approval letter. When you get sponsorship approval you are told your file has been transferred to a LVO. This is just a completeness of documents letter only

This is not stage 2 yet

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kcdasoju said:
Dear Friends
Could someone help me by letting me know how long it would take to get Permanent Residence to my Parents who are living in India

Following are the details of my application
1. I have filed my Application to sponsor my parents to CIC Mississauga in 12th Sep 2011, along with the following documents.
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Sponsorship Agreement (IMM44B)
Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
Fee Receipt (IMM5401)

2. On 4th March 2013, I have received a letter from CIC Mississauga that they have received my application to sponsor my parents, and this document listed UCI and Application Number and my Parents Name were listed on it.

3. On 26th Oct 2015, I have received another letter from CIC Mississauga stating that they are now ready to begin processing my sponsorship application and they require additional information. And they have given a big list

Option C Printout
Generic Application form to Canada IMM 0008
Scheduled A: Background Declaration IMM 5669
Additional Family Information IMM 5406
Travel documents and Passports
Proof of relation Ship to Sponsor in Canada
Identity and Civil Status Documents
Right of Permanent residence fee

4. On 25th Nov 2015, I have submitted all the documents requested above along with the supporting documents that were requested.

5. On 24th Feb 2016, I have received a third letter stating that

CIC Mississauga has have received requested documents from me to process my parents Permanent residence

They have determined that my application is complete.

In addition they say now my application will be placed in Processing Queue and will be processed based on the date that the complete application was received.
Does this mean that i have submitted the Application to Sponsor my parents that is completed in all respect and I am being placed in Queue with the applications that were received in Jan 2016, or 2015, 2014, 2013???.

This is something frustrating

Can any one of you please advise on this topic

With regards

Ramesh
So far you have done everything and the last letter which informed you that you are in the processing queue means all your documents are received but basically they are in line to be verified so that you can move to the next step.

The next steps are that the sponsor will be notified about the sponsorship approval once an officer has verified your income documents. At this stage the letter you receive may also suggest you undergo upfront medicals. The other alternative is that following approval and file transfer to the LVO (local visa office) without upfront medical request.
In this situation the LVO will contact you when your file is ready to be processed with a medical request.

How long these next steps will take is anyone's guess as they can vary from person to person. If you are very very lucky maybe 3/4 months, I got my sponsorship approval in Jan 2014 and have done medical but am still waiting for visas so it has taken 15 months so far and still waiting.

You may be told that delays occur because people don't provide all the documents which will slow your processing however even if your document are complete there is no predicting how much time it will take.

Since providing all my requested documents I was never asked for any additional document but as you can see 15 months after sponsorship approval still waiting in the queue.

I hope things are faster for everyone this year but it will also depend on how many parent visas are allocated for 2016. The more visas allocated when the immigration levels are released by the govt next week the better for all of us.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jessie50 said:
thanks ..they e-mail me..
That's a change from my experience last year, as I got sponsorship letter via regular mail even though they had my email id.

However since sponsorship approval everything has been via email.

Did they not suggest up front medicals in your letters as most cases at the end of last year were getting approval and medical request together.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Dear Friends
My earlier posting has lots of details and did not focus on the main point. Let me share the same info in a compressed manner.

1. Filed Application to sponsor my parents at CIC Mississauga on 12th Sep 2011,

2. On 4th March 2013, I have received confirmation that my application was received on 12th Sep 2011, listing my Family members and its UCI and File numbers.

3. On 26th Oct 2015, I have received Request for Additional Information from CIC Mississauga stating that. (Key message in it is as follows)

a. We are now ready to begin processing your sponsorship application and require additional information.
b. A document check list was provide and it said that
c. All forms and documents must be submitted as outlined in the document checklist below, only complete applications will be considered for processing
d. Complete applications will be processed in the order in which they are received at the CPC-Mississauga
4. On 24th Feb 2016, I have received a third letter after three months from the date of submitting additional documents, I think it is an acknowledgment letter based on the message in it.

a. Your application was received on Nov 25, 21015 and we have determined that your application is complete. Your application is now in the processing queue and will be processed based on the date that the complete application was received.

b. Rest of the page had typical information that we as an applicant are not interested in it like When should I contact CIC? Change of Address, What happens Next? With a web site address with is of no use any way.

This is what I feel, looks like CPC-Mississauga still haven’t made any decision on my file yet, my documentation meet CPC-M’s initial quality check (i.e. provided all the requested information) but still decision is pending on my file. Do you think what I am thinking is right?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kcdasoju said:
Dear Friends
My earlier posting has lots of details and did not focus on the main point. Let me share the same info in a compressed manner.

1. Filed Application to sponsor my parents at CIC Mississauga on 12th Sep 2011,

2. On 4th March 2013, I have received confirmation that my application was received on 12th Sep 2011, listing my Family members and its UCI and File numbers.

3. On 26th Oct 2015, I have received Request for Additional Information from CIC Mississauga stating that. (Key message in it is as follows)

a. We are now ready to begin processing your sponsorship application and require additional information.
b. A document check list was provide and it said that
c. All forms and documents must be submitted as outlined in the document checklist below, only complete applications will be considered for processing
d. Complete applications will be processed in the order in which they are received at the CPC-Mississauga
4. On 24th Feb 2016, I have received a third letter after three months from the date of submitting additional documents, I think it is an acknowledgment letter based on the message in it.

a. Your application was received on Nov 25, 21015 and we have determined that your application is complete. Your application is now in the processing queue and will be processed based on the date that the complete application was received.

b. Rest of the page had typical information that we as an applicant are not interested in it like When should I contact CIC? Change of Address, What happens Next? With a web site address with is of no use any way.

This is what I feel, looks like CPC-Mississauga still haven’t made any decision on my file yet, my documentation meet CPC-M’s initial quality check (i.e. provided all the requested information) but still decision is pending on my file. Do you think what I am thinking is right?
As I said in my earlier reply to you, you have NOT got sponsorship approval letter yet.

This is the next step. When you get sponsorship approval is anyone's guess.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
soonihope said:
As I said in my earlier reply to you, you have NOT got sponsorship approval letter yet.

This is the next step. When you get sponsorship approval is anyone's guess.
Soonihope thank you very much for your earlier and current reply. I was trying to double check what I understand.

and appreciate your feedback, and totally understand your frustration, and I am with you

Unfortunately I have listed my Yahoo email address in my principle application in 2011 and it was compromised, and was hopping that to receive an letter from CPC-M, around Nov 2015, after 50 Months from the date of submitting the application, called them and they said a system generated email was sent out. And in this process I have lost three months

therefore trying to be careful

with regards

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
soonihope said:
cic will just give you the standard answer that file is in queue.

better to order gcms notes. you will actually see the immigration officers notes on your file if any work has been done on the file.
HI Soonihope

Can you please help me how to order GCMS Notes, at this time all I have UCI Number and File Number,

normally I got to CIC website and check and use my UCI number, date of birth, place of birth and last name to check the status

and not much is listed there

With regards

Ramesh

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
kcdasoju said:
HI Soonihope

Can you please help me how to order GCMS Notes, at this time all I have UCI Number and File Number,

normally I got to CIC website and check and use my UCI number, date of birth, place of birth and last name to check the status

and not much is listed there

With regards

Ramesh

HI Soonihope

I have seen you have posted the URL for GCMS Notes in one of your previous post

Thank you very much

With regards

Ramesh

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kcdasoju said:
HI Soonihope

I have seen you have posted the URL for GCMS Notes in one of your previous post

Thank you very much

With regards

Ramesh
No problem. Here is the link again.

The link to order the notes is below and it costs $5.00 and will take 30 days. Best way is to apply online, it is very easy.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Good luck

jessie50

Mar 4, 2016
soonihope said:
That's a change from my experience last year, as I got sponsorship letter via regular mail even though they had my email id.

However since sponsorship approval everything has been via email.

Did they not suggest up front medicals in your letters as most cases at the end of last year were getting approval and medical request together.
no medicals yet..just email me for approval and said file is transferring to LVO..hope get medicals soon.. :D :D