+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi roarktheman,

did you get RQ ? if not then you should order ATIP so that you know why there is no action taken on your file since 2012. Did you call CIC ? which is your local office ? you can also send a case specific inquiry from cic website. Follow your application proactively.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that is really the key here we need to be more proactive otherwise CIC will completely forget about us. I am assuming Roartherman received thr RQ otherwise there is no way an application would take that long.

moti said:
Hi roarktheman,

did you get RQ ? if not then you should order ATIP so that you know why there is no action taken on your file since 2012. Did you call CIC ? which is your local office ? you can also send a case specific inquiry from cic website. Follow your application proactively.

roarktheman

Oct 11, 2013
I did not receive any RQ or other requests for information. I ordered ATIP and it says waiting for FOSS clearance, dated 06/22/2013. No action after that. I called customer service and they say I have to wait and they sent a message to the local office.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Jabuela said:
Hi everyone, I am really feeling you all because my husband is going through the stressful waiting process since 2011 and yet to date we are still waiting....

my husbands outline.....

1. Received our application for Canadian citizenship October 12, 2011/ sent us the book

2. Started processing the application on March 27, 2012.

3. Fingerprint letter on July 23, 2012.

4. May 29, 2013 citizen test passed 16/20 + RQ after the interview at Scarborough office

5. RQ sent by hand to Scarborough office July 18, 2013

6. File sent to St. Clair July 22nd, 2013

7. We sent you a letter on October 1, 2014. This letter i believe was just to buy them time it had no usefulness information, they just explained that the 36 month waiting was just as approximate waiting time

8. They requested 2nd fingerprint November 13, 2014

9. They sent us 2nd mini RQ November 10, 2014 they just requested colored copy of the passport and any travel documents .

10. They sent us final notice for fingerprint December 29, 2014 we had to reply with a copy of receipt for the fingerprint taken. Plus we had to contact RCMP to ask for reason of delay.

11. January 28,2015 we called CIC at last they said everything is ok and the file was transferred back to Scarborough since the 20th of January and waiting for oath schedule.
That must have been torture (all these fingerprints)...but congratulations that he finally got it.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On a same boat here.

Dec 13, 2011 received
Nov 3 2012 RQ
Nov 17 2013 RQ replied
June 18, 2013 test done
waiting…

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
My timeline: Applied in Oct 2012
Received RQ in Aug 2013
Replied to RQ in Sept 2013
Since then no reply from CIC really frustrated. I called CIC and the lady told me that she thinks ur file will be opened in around Oct 2015 :(

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have the same timeline

Applied in Oct 2012
Started processing Jan 2013
Received RQ in Aug 2013
Test passed Feb 2014

Still waiting for Oath............

canciti said:
Hello everyone,
My timeline: Applied in Oct 2012
Received RQ in Aug 2013
Since then no reply from CIC really frustrated. I called CIC and the lady told me that she thinks ur file will be opened in around Oct 2015 :(

moti

Oct 24, 2012
see my timeline, so that you guys have some idea

applied May 2011

RQ May 2013 ( nothing between may 2011 to May 2013 , 24 months, ecas : in process )

replied RQ with almost every document possible, T4, NOA,rental cheques, home ownership doc. OHIP, CBSA, copies of passports, bank accounts + credit card statements, kid's school transcripts )

test invite : Nov.2014

oath: Jan.2015

so be patient, see I applied in May 2011 with 1400 days of physical presence.

However, after replying to RQ, I kept reminding CIC as follow

1. Contacted my MP via e-mail and they called CIC as I saw that in ATIP
2.ordered ATIP , on different timings like after a gap of few months , both electronic and physical files
3. sent case specific inquiry through CIC website
4. sent letter to local office

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is as follow:

Applied - Oct 2011
RQ - July 2012
Test - March 2014
CIT0520 - January 2015
Oath????

canciti said:
Does anyone has a similar timeline to mine?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
My timeline is as follow:

Applied - Oct 2011
RQ - July 2012
Test - March 2014
CIT0520 - January 2015
Oath????

It's frustrating to just wait for that one last step.... Anyways we called CIC again yesterday and they told us to wait until April if nothing we should call them. what I don't understand is they keep us waiting and waiting even we already waited for long, yet still we hear the same record call us after certain time and yet they don't do anything about it, all they do is try buy time,,, anyways my husband and I were thinking to give the Mp office a visit... It worked with us the last time when we didn't hear anything and they invited us for test right away in fact when our Mp office called them they gave them the date exactly for when they will invite us for test, hope it work again and they give us a test date rather than say to wait. Keeping fingers crossed

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
moti said:

applied May 2011

RQ May 2013 ( nothing between may 2011 to May 2013 , 24 months, ecas : in process )

replied RQ with almost every document possible, T4, NOA,rental cheques, home ownership doc. OHIP, CBSA, copies of passports, bank accounts + credit card statements, kid's school transcripts )

2.ordered ATIP , on different timings like after a gap of few months , both electronic and physical files
Congratulations Moti. Considering your long wait while being active in following up with CIC, perhaps it does not make a difference whether you're active or not...what do you think?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I thought I had the worst timeframe. This is a very good example of what I call "being Pro-active" and it paid off. We all need to do the same especially those that have passed 36 months in processing and that is the only reason CIC will look into our files because they now only focused on new applications as the process is much easier to handle.
Excellent job Moti and Congratulations!

moti said:

applied May 2011

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
excellent idea. I also reached out to my MP...they said they would get back to me sometimes next week with an update, so fingers crossed. There is absolutely no reason for CIC to keep on hanging onto these applications as they have been given more than enough information and documentation to make a decision, it is just simply unacceptable.

Jabuela said:
It's frustrating to just wait for that one last step.... Anyways we called CIC again yesterday and they told us to wait until April if nothing we should call them. what I don't understand is they keep us waiting and waiting even we already waited for long, yet still we hear the same record call us after certain time and yet they don't do anything about it, all they do is try buy time,,, anyways my husband and I were thinking to give the Mp office a visit... It worked with us the last time when we didn't hear anything and they invited us for test right away in fact when our Mp office called them they gave them the date exactly for when they will invite us for test, hope it work again and they give us a test date rather than say to wait. Keeping fingers crossed

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest voicing your concerns through social media. https://mobile.twitter.com/residencyq