+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I wanted to create a new thread for all 2011 and 2012 applicants that are still waiting on Oath. It would be good to have an idea how many people have passed the 36 months or are approaching it. We really need to be proactive about this otherwise CIC will completely ignore our applications and focus on new ones. Please provide timeline if possible. Thanks

Oct 2011 - Application Received
July 2012 - Received RQ
March 2014 - Passed Test
January 2015 - Received CIT 0520

slx

Mar 19, 2014
djoli said:
I wanted to create a new thread for all 2011 and 2012 applicants that are still waiting on Oath.
Well, I'm a 2011 applicant, but I'm still waiting for my TEST...

Sept 2011 - Application Received
Aug 2013 - RQ

Nothing since then...

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is really sad. You have not even taken the test? Why dont you reach out to your MP to see if they can help. Also call CIC and ask them why your application is still pending. Have you ordered your ATIP recently?

slx said:
Well, I'm a 2011 applicant, but I'm still waiting for my TEST...

Sept 2011 - Application Received
Aug 2013 - RQ

Nothing since then...

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
This is really sad. You have not even taken the test? Why dont you reach out to your MP to see if they can help. Also call CIC and ask them why your application is still pending. Have you ordered your ATIP recently?
djoli, just to let you know, this Sunday we had another chance to personally speak to our Thornhill's MP - Mr. Peter Kent, in Promenade mall where he had some sort of socializing session - helping people with passport applications, etc.
He clearly mentioned that they CAN'T put any pressure on CIC with regards of processing times But he may inquire why particular case is taking so long to complete.

slx

Mar 19, 2014
I contacted both the MP and Chris Alexander as well as requested the ATIP and contacted the local CIC office, all with the same result. ATIP shows that the file was just "sitting there" for the most part, they just do nothing.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slx, how about going public? CBC has a segment called going public. May be you should write to them. Your timeline is ridiculous. How anyone could leave a file without opening for years is beyond me. How incompetent!

slx

Mar 19, 2014
Soopergal said:
slx, how about going public? CBC has a segment called going public. May be you should write to them. Your timeline is ridiculous. How anyone could leave a file without opening for years is beyond me. How incompetent!
I'm afraid that going public could cause the retribution from CIC, guess it's better not to play these games with the bureaucracy...

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
slx said:
I'm afraid that going public could cause the retribution from CIC, guess it's better not to play these games with the bureaucracy...
Are you guys from the same fucken St Clair office?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
djoli, just to let you know, this Sunday we had another chance to personally speak to our Thornhill's MP - Mr. Peter Kent, in Promenade mall where he had some sort of socializing session - helping people with passport applications, etc.
He clearly mentioned that they CAN'T put any pressure on CIC with regards of processing times But he may inquire why particular case is taking so long to complete.

That is a shame, I was hoping that they might be able to put some pressure on CIC. I guess the only thing that we can do at this point is wait. If I had known that it would have taken this long I would have withdrawn my application and re-apply under the new rules which is a lot faster.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I disagree. We need to put pressure on CIC, it is unacceptable that these applications are taking 36+ months. We live in a developed country and I cannot comprehend that they still have not resolved these cases when new applications take 6-8 months to process. The problem is that we should have been vocal about this years ago. Lets us keep up the pressure otherwise they will completely ignore our applications.

slx said:

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I have been saying. It is unacceptable to have our files just sitting there.

slx said:
I contacted both the MP and Chris Alexander as well as requested the ATIP and contacted the local CIC office, all with the same result. ATIP shows that the file was just "sitting there" for the most part, they just do nothing.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli, I reckon contacting your MP wont have negative affect on file processing. By the end of the day it may not speed it up but at least you will do what you feel that you have to do and that will give you piece of mind. Agree with you - all we need now is patience.
Good luck to all of us!!