Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
leerobertmartin said:
I just spoke to CIC asking about what is next...as we are waiting for PPR from Ottawa and I was calling to confirm if they received medical info(sent in early November)...however they do not check unless it is more than 3 months.. my mother in law is here on a visiting visa. The agent told me when it is time to extend the visa you may apply for an "open work permit" When I am looking online for this permit it seems that this is for spouses only and not for family sponsorship. Can anyone confirm this ? I think I will just do the normal visitor extension.

We are in the same boat. Medical sent on 3rd Nov. updated on eCas as medical received. Parents are in India right now but returning in Feb as visitors. I am really hoping to get PR done before that do that they could come as PR and not visitors.

All the best.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi experienced members,

Please answer this question if you have the right answer. The letter below sent to the applicant asks that a pregnancy should be reported.

Since the letter below is sent to the applicant (the sponsored person and not the sponsor person), I am wondering if the pregnancy of the wife of sponsor should be reported when passports are going to be submitted.

If a sponsored person's wife is pregnant, then I am sure it should be reported because this letter is addressed to the sponsored person.

However, if the wife of sponsor person's pregnant, I don't know whether or not this should be reported. I know that if a child is born in the family of sponsor then that definitely needs to be reported. However, I am not sure about reporting the pregnancy of the sponsor's wife.

amitP said:
Finally a good news...yesterday received email from CPC-CTD-OTTAWA for PP submission.

heading of the email says- Ready for Visa- New Delhi and asked to send passports with 2 recent photos through VFS India.

here is the content of email for your reference:

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in New Delhi. Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (India) website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission:

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. You passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Xbero said:
Hi experienced members,

Please answer this question if you have the right answer. The letter below sent to the applicant asks that a pregnancy should be reported.

Since the letter below is sent to the applicant (the sponsored person and not the sponsor person), I am wondering if the pregnancy of the wife of sponsor should be reported when passports are going to be submitted.

If a sponsored person's wife is pregnant, then I am sure it should be reported because this letter is addressed to the sponsored person.

However, if the wife of sponsor person's pregnant, I don't know whether or not this should be reported. I know that if a child is born in the family of sponsor then that definitely needs to be reported. However, I am not sure about reporting the pregnancy of the sponsor's wife.
Hi Xbero,

The letter is referring to principal applicant and people who are about to become permanent. Sponsor and his/her spouse are out of the picture.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi Guys ,

Please email and remind minister about the promise to fast track parent’s immigration.

Minister@cic.gc.ca

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi Guys ,

Please email and remind minister about the promise to fast track parent’s immigration.

Minister@cic.gc.ca

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Cgill said:
Hi Guys ,

Minister@cic.gc.ca
Good idea.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi Members,

Can I get few more comments regarding this beside the one that networkjas has provided?

I have sponsored my parents and they have recently got the letter below. The letter asks the applicant, my dad, to inform if anyone included in the application is pregnant as per below. My wife who is not a co-signer and not in the application is pregnant and I am the sponsor for my parents. Does my dad, the applicant, has to inform the visa office that my wife is pregnant as written in the #3 below?

Dear Applicant, (My Dad's Name)**********:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in New Delhi. Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (India) website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission.

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Cgill said:
I just sent email

Can you share the format of the email??

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
hi to all forum member
just a random Q, I have representative on file, but when I submit IMM008 form in Sept, I gave my own E-mail id, on which E-mail id I will receive ppr, on my own email id or representative email id. please someone answer. Thanks

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lakha said:
hi to all forum member
just a random Q, I have representative on file, but when I submit IMM008 form in Sept, I gave my own E-mail id, on which E-mail id I will receive ppr, on my own email id or representative email id. please someone answer. Thanks
I would say, representative email id.

However I had given the same I'd, I got two emails on the same I'd. One for representative and second email for sponsor.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
neemann said:
Can you share the format of the email??
Hi Sir,

We are the citizens who are waiting for our parents to re-unite with us. We have hope that new government will fast the process as promised and end this wait time which is too much.

I have sponsored my parents in (Type month and years) been more than (no of years we are waiting) years and still waiting.
Here is my UCI number : (UCI no)

Do you have anytime updates approximately how much more we have to wait.

Thanks,
your name

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on the Family Class application process.

I'm looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey about their experiences of the application process to sponsor family members. My goal is to use the results to advocate for improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey - the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I already have. Unfortunately I haven’t yet heard from many people who are in the process of sponsoring parents or grandparents so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with, and recommendations for, the sponsorship process I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a button to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and I would like to wish you all good luck with your applications :)

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Cgill said:
Hi Sir,

We are the citizens who are waiting for our parents to re-unite with us. We have hope that new government will fast the process as promised and end this wait time which is too much.

I have sponsored my parents in (Type month and years) been more than (no of years we are waiting) years and still waiting.
Here is my UCI number : (UCI no)

Do you have anytime updates approximately how much more we have to wait.

Thanks,
your name

Thank you for sharing this.

Did you get any reply so far??

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
hi to all forum members
Today I received GCMS notes, please senior member shed some light what can I do in this situation

on the notes it says as follow
Eligibility passed
Security blank
Hiv blanks
criminality passed
medical in progress (what does mean by in progress)
updated date 2015-10-13
assignment due date 2015-11-11

my parents perform upfront medical in june and then they again receive the 1017Emedical with other additional documents and my panel physician said, your parents don't need to perform another medical, just send the emedical information sheet along with other requested documents and we sent everything back on 15 sept and ndvo received on 18th of sept.
under medical status it says

medical sent
IME status not started (what does that mean)

Reason for closure Received in eMed (what does that mean)
but when I scrolled down down on the end pages, in the Visa officer's notes it says
eligibility, criminality passed, await for medical result( what does that mean, ndvo didn't receive medical result and updated date is 2015-10-13) what should we do in this situation, anyone who faced through same situation, please answer. please anyone shed some light on this. Thanks in advance