+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

hos

Star Member
May 5, 2010
heaad said:
hi youskal, i check my email on daily basis, but in vain.
is there anyway to check with Warsow office? is there any email address to reach them?
cheers
Are u sure they will let us know by email? or they might post it to adress.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dears,

As long as you have provided an email address in the "back then" application form, there is a statement saying that if you fill the email field, it automatically allows them to contact you by email.

From all the ppl i heard they received request for update letter, it was by email, I never heard/read from anyone receiving it by regular mail.

@heaad: You can communicate with them by sending a case-specific inquiry.

Where are you Update Letter......................................

BR

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
Hello every body
I am Jun 2006 applicant
At the time of application I have sent all the required documents
And made the necessary updates until Feb 2010
Do I have to send all these papers again when Warsaw asks for updates
I am worried about the following

### Detailed letters of reference from all past and current employers which clearly list your job title, duties performed, projects completed and duration of employment. I have worked in several countries for 15 years and it is not easy to get these letters again noting that the submitted experience letters at the time of application were certified and stamped from ministry of labour of every country of experience )

####New Original police certificates for all applicants age 18 and over
Some countries like Libya dose not issue police certificates if you are not a current resident of Libya (i got one and sent at the time of application what to do in this case am now not in Libya and there embassy does not cooperate)

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Troga, Welcome.

We have to send all updates, however, for your points mentioned below, and as far as I know, since you already sent certificate letters back then, you just have to send the ones you didnt, I mean the latest updates. usually they contact the current employer for verification, unless the period is not enought (less than a year) then they contact the one before.

For police certificate, you just have to justify that, and if you can have an official statement regarding this issue it would be better, in addition, since its a condition (like other countries I know about), they surely know about it and will not make an issue, the most important is being honest with them and describe the issue and they are usually understanding.

Keep us updated, especially when you receive the update letter.

BR

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi All,

Any update letters this week?

This is really frustrating, each step requires months and months......

Have a nice weekend

BR

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
nothing here even ... seems its going to take lot of time

David 555

Aug 2, 2010
Hi everybody,

I sent my application to Damascus in August 2006 and recently they have transferred my file to the Warsaw office. But I have not received any letter or anything so far. I have a question and will appreciate if somebody can help me.

In 2006 when I applied I had 69 points which was enough to be qualified (minimum was 67 points). At the time I was married and my spouse had a university degree so I got 4 points for her education. However, last year we separated. Therefore, I will not receive the 4 points for my spouse education anymore. This means now without the 4 points I will have only 65 points which is under the minimum requirement (67 points).

Now my questions:

Question 1) Is there any way I can get a few more points from other sections to cover the 4 missing points for my spouse education? For example by improving my language skills from moderate which has 8 point to High and get 12 points? Do you think the extra points from Language Proficiency can cover my 4 missing point for my spouse education?

Question 2) I have not informed them of the change in my marital status. I thought maybe it was better to inform them when they would ask me for an update.... Any ideas on this? Do you think that is OK with them?

I hope somebody knows the answers to my questions. I thank you very much for your time and consideration and good luck to all of you.

David

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
hello David ....

for the first question, i guess ya you should do any thing to get more points, just look at your evaluation test and see which part of it you can work on it and get more points, forexample am taking frensh courses now, i hope it will give me some more points when i update my profile, coz am also less than 67 points.

for your martial state, no dont inform them now, leave it till they ask you about the update letter, coz you need to send new application, and there you will let them know that your divorced, coz anyway they are not assessing your application now so its useless to infrom them now about your divorcing or separation.

have a good luck.

David 555

Aug 2, 2010
Hurry.visitor said:
hello David ....

for the first question, i guess ya you should do any thing to get more points, just look at your evaluation test and see which part of it you can work on it and get more points, forexample am taking frensh courses now, i hope it will give me some more points when i update my profile, coz am also less than 67 points.

for your martial state, no dont inform them now, leave it till they ask you about the update letter, coz you need to send new application, and there you will let them know that your divorced, coz anyway they are not assessing your application now so its useless to infrom them now about your divorcing or separation.

have a good luck.
Hi Hurry.visitor,

Thank you for your opinions and advice. I appreciate it. Already I have the full points for more than 4 years of work experience. The only areas I can get more points are Language Skills and also Having a Job Offer from a Canadian Company. I don't know how difficult would be to get a job offer to have a few more points....

About my second question I will follow your advice.

Again thank you for your help and best of luck to you

David

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
you so welcome DAVID, we are here to help each others.

if you have time go for improving or learning frensh that will give you more points.
and about the job offer, as i know, canadian employers dont hire employee from ourside canada, i guess you have to have somebody from inisde canda who is relative or freind so he can help you have an offer, otherwise its wont work i guess. ask more about it maybe am wrong. what do you think guys here ? ? ? ?

fery

Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......
My husband 1421
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2006
Doc's Request.
sep. 2, 2010
File Transfer...
April 28, 2010
Med's Request
waiting
Dear friends
I agree with Hurry.visitor about learning french for David. I hope to be successful.
I also have a question if anybody could answer me please:
I have a daughter in our file who wants to get married but we don't want to loose our immigration after all these years of waiting.I was wondering if she marries after having visa in passport would there be a problem after landing. I mean do we have to fill lots of stuff and she still should be single to tell the truth? or there isn't any such question to answer? because we really don't want to lie and we are afraid of any problem that might happen after landing or causing to fail our file. thanks in advance

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi all,

@fery: Your daughter getting married would not affect at all your immigration, however, since our waiting time is long, you have to consider and answer the following questions:

1- Is your daughter still going with you to canada?
2- Is she now over 21 and was not when you applied?

Golden Rule: Always tell the truth to CIC, you might lie, and they might not find out, but if they do, then its a big big problem.

BR

fery

Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......
My husband 1421
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2006
Doc's Request.
sep. 2, 2010
File Transfer...
April 28, 2010
Med's Request
waiting
Hi
@ youskal, thanks for reply. this is exactly my problem. I want her to come with us and then apply for her husband. she was under 22 when we applied and she is now over 22 and I've heard that if she marries she would be put out of our file and then she has to apply by herself as a family. I also agree to obey the golden rule because even after landing it may cause problem.

Dam2006

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
hi guys, hope u r all ok.

I received email requesting the updates to be send to warsaw eventually. hope u all will get it very soon.

i have few questions if anyone know i would appreciate ur answeres:

1. does any one know if we should send the ielts directly from the british council or we should send our original copy that we got after the exam?

2. they are requesting all documents to be original, but how about the graduation marks report? it is not easy to get another one from my country if i sent the original that i have now!

3. for the minimum money, should it appear at the curent balance for the whole six months of only at the end?

4. they are requesting 5 sticky labels to be written in farsi or arabic and one in english to be sent but they did not say if they should be hand written or to print out them?

5. they says you shoudl quote ur mailing address and file number and contacts on all the correspondance and on each document u send to us! how can i do that on the police certificates, ielts, graduation reports etc.....there are many documents that we should never write on them!!

thanks in advance and good luck to u all