+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

Alireza Ar

Oct 4, 2010
Dear Armintaba
There is a huge benefit actually a Million Dollar :) Just kidding. I found this link in other Forums, People shared this link and there is no problem for them. Actually the purpose to join these forums is to share information. My situation is the same as yours and any problem will affect my timeline too. Please do not worry and everything will be fine :)

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alot for your effort bro, you are right , but I am hopping it would never affect our cases

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada immigration invests to help integration of immigrant children

Canada, 22nd November: The government of Canada is helping successful integration of immigrant children and families into Canadian society through investment of around $1.6 million.

A special program named SWIS(Settlement Workers in Schools) helps immigrants and their families through interactive orientation to the system of Ontario schools and also provides referrals to various community support services including settlement agencies.

Such programs aim to help youth immigrants and their families settle successfully in their new homes, stated Member of Parliament for London West, Ed Holder on behalf of the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, Jason Kenney.

He said that the investment of $1.6 million will prove to be of great help in improving the lives of young immigrants in London adding that investment in the youth is an investment in Canada’s future. He maintained that settlement workers help in increasing cultural awareness in London area schools by engaging with school staff, students and parents.

Sharing views with Holder, Ontario Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Dr. Eric Hoskins said that the government of Canada does know that helping families of new immigrants in successful settlement is vital to the success of the nation.

Dr. Hoskins said that there settlement resources should be readily accessible. And by extending the availablity of settlement workers in schools in London, the Canadian government is ensuring that requirements of the new immigrant families are met, added Dr. Hoskins.

According to a Learning Coordinator with the Thames Valley District School Board, Jeffery Robinson, the SWIS program is a brilliant example of how immigrant students as well as their families can be helped in successful adjustment in their new homes in London through the efforts of a community partnership.

Robinson said that schools happen to be a community hub and a meeting place for parents and children of new Canadians.

The government of Canada has been extending increased help to the newcomers in Canada. This is evident from the expenditure on settlement services meant for immigrants in Ontario which has almost tripled since the year 2005.

The Canadian government has allocated $428 million for settlement services(including employment search workshops, language training in schools etc.)for new immigrants in Ontario.

Alireza Ar

Oct 4, 2010
Dear Friends,
I have a question about IELTS test. Recently I read in CIC website that expiration date for examination is only one year. My application is on April 2007 and I took a test on 2008. My test score is enough for me to achieve 67 points. Should I take a test again or it will be acceptable?
Thanks a lot

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Alireza,

As per CIC, IELTS is good for one year prior to application, so basically you applied after your application, so according to this rule your exam is valid.

Others please confirm.

BR

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
Any one taking the IELTS in lebanon ?

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
how come you did not took the test ? did you sent your file or not yet ?

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
yes I did in 2006 August, but as self employed. the points scheme is different, language wasn't a priority...But I think Kenney will make sure I have to apply sooner or later. too bad Damascus is still stuck at 2004 self employed applications...

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Skilled worker immigrants faring well in Canada, new evaluation shows

Ottawa, November 25, 2010 — Immigrants selected by the federal government under the current skilled worker program are contributing to Canada's economy, a new evaluation has found.

The evaluation measured whether the current federal skilled worker program is selecting immigrants who are more likely to succeed economically in Canada. In 2009, federal skilled workers made up approximately 10 percent of Canada's annual immigration intake—25 percent when one includes spouses and dependent children.

According to the evaluation, the biggest predictors of an immigrant’s economic success are having a job already arranged in Canada when applying; the ability to speak English or French; and having worked in Canada before applying to immigrate. Having studied in Canada for at least two years and having a relative in Canada are less of a determinant of success.

“The evaluation showed that skilled immigrants are doing well in Canada and filling gaps in our work force,” said Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney. “This puts some dents in the doctors-driving-taxis stereotype.”

The findings revealed that the selection criteria, put in place when the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) became law, have been successful in improving the outcomes of skilled immigrants by placing more emphasis on arranged employment, language and education. Income for skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria was as much as 65 percent higher than for workers chosen under the pre-IRPA system. Skilled workers who already had a job offer when they applied for permanent residence fared best of all, earning on average $79,200 three years after arriving in Canada. The findings also revealed that skilled workers selected under the IRPA criteria were less likely to rely on employment insurance or social assistance.

Among other recommendations, the evaluation suggested placing higher priority on younger workers, and increasing the integrity of the arranged employment part of the program, which is susceptible to fraud. The evaluation also recommended that further emphasis be placed on fluency in English or French, and supported the Minister’s June 2010 decision to require language testing for federal skilled worker applicants to combat fraud.

“We’re pleased the evaluation showed that the program is working as intended,” said Minister Kenney. “We’re committed to making it even better and will be consulting on improvements in the coming weeks.” The Department is planning to put forward for public consultation several proposals to improve the program, building on the achievements in the evaluation report.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
mayankpandya said:
Skilled worker immigrants faring well in Canada, new evaluation shows

the evaluation suggested placing higher priority on younger workers
I'm 35, so if they do this I will never get in. I lost 4+ years in the wait already!

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
I sent my updated documents to Warsaw...

If you guys recieve any new messages from them plz tell us...

good luck for all

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the age and anything introduced to canadian immigration regulations,I think they include new applicants not us. As you all know when we first applied, we were quite younger than now, so no worries and hopefully wait for good news.

I also sent my documents a couple of days ago, tracking the parcel, I found out someone has received it and signed in Warsaw. No news yet