+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Proofs of ID for children (citizenship proof app)

mtmeenu

Jun 9, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for the citizenship of my child who just became a landed immigrant by landing and will turn 18 years in one month's time under sub section 5(2). From the list of 2 IDs; for the first ID, submitting foreign passport is fine. But for second ID, there is NO CLARITY WHETHER IT SHOULD BE CANADIAN OR FOREIGN ISSUED. Especially Canadian issued ID is not possibility under limited time of one month:

i) School Record : Can school record from country of residence (UAE) from where he immigrated would suffice. He is still enrolled in school as he intends to return for one more year of study to complete his high school
ii) Health Insurance Card : We have insurance from a private company from the country of residence. This again may not suffice as it is not government issued. While provincial insurance card from Canada cannot be procured before 4-6 weeks now and by then he will turn 18 years
iii) Immunization Record : It is available but hand written which does not look to be presentable as it is 16-17 years old
iv) Hospital Record : Could be procured but again from a private hospital as there are not many govt hospitals here and we visit private hospitals. Will it be acceptable?

The idea is to file the application and he will come back and then go back after an year to join university because at this stage there is a chance he will not be able to land into a good university. Secondly, due to COVID-19 there is lock down and issues with schooling.

Please advise.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I am a Canadian citizen and want to apply for the citizenship of my child who just became a landed immigrant by landing and will turn 18 years in one month's time under sub section 5(2). From the list of 2 IDs; for the first ID, submitting foreign passport is fine. But for second ID, there is NO CLARITY WHETHER IT SHOULD BE CANADIAN OR FOREIGN ISSUED. Especially Canadian issued ID is not possibility under limited time of one month:

i) School Record : Can school record from country of residence (UAE) from where he immigrated would suffice. He is still enrolled in school as he intends to return for one more year of study to complete his high school
ii) Health Insurance Card : We have insurance from a private company from the country of residence. This again may not suffice as it is not government issued. While provincial insurance card from Canada cannot be procured before 4-6 weeks now and by then he will turn 18 years
iii) Immunization Record : It is available but hand written which does not look to be presentable as it is 16-17 years old
iv) Hospital Record : Could be procured but again from a private hospital as there are not many govt hospitals here and we visit private hospitals. Will it be acceptable?

The idea is to file the application and he will come back and then go back after an year to join university because at this stage there is a chance he will not be able to land into a good university. Secondly, due to COVID-19 there is lock down and issues with schooling.

Please advise.
Hi, sorry I don't have the answer but wondered if you'd figured this out yet?

jonathanVK

Apr 22, 2022
Hi, I am a naturalized Canadian currently in India. I am applying Proof of Citizenship for my 14 month child. Where I am required to upload 2 pieces of ID.
My child do not have an Indian passport or any other photo ID. If now I apply for his Indian passport, would not make him Indian citizen and delay the proof of citizenship application. Applying or aadhar(UID) is one option. My question getting a national ID(AADHAR) for India would make him Indian citizen. IF anyone has submitted for their children below 2 years. how and what did you provide as photo Id. kindly assist. Thanks in advance

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi, I am a naturalized Canadian currently in India. I am applying Proof of Citizenship for my 14 month child. Where I am required to upload 2 pieces of ID.
My child do not have an Indian passport or any other photo ID. If now I apply for his Indian passport, would not make him Indian citizen and delay the proof of citizenship application. Applying or aadhar(UID) is one option. My question getting a national ID(AADHAR) for India would make him Indian citizen. IF anyone has submitted for their children below 2 years. how and what did you provide as photo Id. kindly assist. Thanks in advance
Is your child born after you became canadian? if yes then you can apply for his proof of citizenship. if not you need to apply for his Indian passport and then apply for PR.

As far as i know, he is Indian citizen by birth. India is not the country like few countries where they wont allow citizenship by birth if parent is not citizen.

Either case, what i would do is that i would apply for his Indian passport and then return it. This way his 3rd generation's OCI cards are guaranteed.

jonathanVK

Apr 22, 2022
Is your child born after you became canadian? if yes then you can apply for his proof of citizenship. if not you need to apply for his Indian passport and then apply for PR.

As far as i know, he is Indian citizen by birth. India is not the country like few countries where they wont allow citizenship by birth if parent is not citizen.

Either case, what i would do is that i would apply for his Indian passport and then return it. This way his 3rd generation's OCI cards are guaranteed.
thank you for your response HariRajmohan ji. is there an alternative like aadhar card as photo Id?

jonathanVK

Apr 22, 2022

My child is born while I'm a Canadian citizen

jonathanVK

Apr 22, 2022
thank you for your response HariRajmohan ji. is there an alternative like aadhar card as photo Id?
My question is about photo ID . IF i apply or his passport or Aadhar card. Would it make him Indian citizen? and then he have to renunciate his Indian citizenship to attain Canadian citizenship

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My question is about photo ID . IF i apply or his passport or Aadhar card. Would it make him Indian citizen? and then he have to renunciate his Indian citizenship to attain Canadian citizenship
Canadian citizenship doesnt go away even if you apply for indian passport since Canada allows dual citizenship.
Only India doesnt allow dual hence one needs to be surrendered.

But since he is already a citizen by birth i think that you will have to anyway surrender his citizenship i think. Call them https://www.mea.gov.in/
AAdhar can be applied by any resident. So you can apply for him but might take few weeks to get it i guess. Aadhaar is not citizenship or not only for citizens. https://uidai.gov.in/291-faqs/your-aadhaar/nri-aadhaar/12173-can-an-nri-apply-for-aadhaar.html