+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

19th Draw ...

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Chris Alexander has managed to mess us all up one last time before he gets kicked out of his office :mad:

Seems to me this is his way of saying thank you for not voting for me in elections :(

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow.. a bit of perspective please.

1) Foreigners don't vote in the Canadian elections. Neither can people with PR. Therefore the draw is in no way a kickback about the election. The people waiting or applying or just landed or holding PR had no impact on it.

2) He doesn't choose the points. There's an algorithm and someone who knows that stuff better can explain it better but basically, they need roughly 1500 invites per draw, they do the math on what score will invite roughly that number. He doesn't wake up in the morning and decide a number at random.

Jad77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calm down Rafzi !
a lot of PNP have been given, and the draw was postponed.

>>> that's the reason as well,

Now there will be no PNP left to be given, and will the regular 2 weeks draw, the cutoff will quickly go down, as quick as it went up today.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Don't worry rafzy. We'll get ITA soon. I've been waiting since January. These things are not in our hands. We have to play by their rules.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
purplesnow said:

1) Foreigners don't vote in the Canadian elections. Neither can people with PR. Therefore the draw is in no way a kickback about the election. The people waiting or applying or just landed or holding PR had no impact on it.

2) He doesn't choose the points. There's an algorithm and someone who knows that stuff better can explain it better but basically, they need roughly 1500 invites per draw, they do the math on what score will invite roughly that number. He doesn't wake up in the morning and decide a number at random.
100% agreed. If you want to be angry at anyone - be angry at all of the people who submitted profiles with 489 or more points.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Jad77 said:
Calm down Rafzi !
a lot of PNP have been given, and the draw was postponed.

>>> that's the reason as well,

Now there will be no PNP left to be given, and will the regular 2 weeks draw, the cutoff will quickly go down, as quick as it went up today.
It better be like that, Jad77 ... Coz it's getting really frustrating by the passing day , especially for all of us who are in 440s... I'm at 446

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
purplesnow said:

have some sense of Humour . Please don't be serious all the time. Rafzys reactions were on a lighter side , when many of us including you thought the scores would never go far from 450. '

Did u guess it 489? than why do u give long lectures. You always want to spray salt on all those below 450 and waiting. be positive in life

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rafzy said:
Chris Alexander has managed to mess us all up one last time before he gets kicked out of his office :mad:

Seems to me this is his way of saying thank you for not voting for me in elections :(
ha ha ha... we don't accept thanks from strangers like Chris Alexender/ We are quite hopeful of the next Minister

In fact this was the first time , I dint even open the ministerial instructions as i new the scores were going to be more than 450. But this high scores were not expected by anyone. I think the PNPs have played a big role. Rafzy you at least have a option of Ontario, but for rest of us it waiting until 2017 brings some good news

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
have some sense of Humour . Please don't be serious all the time. Rafzys reactions were on a lighter side , when many of us including you thought the scores would never go far from 450. '

Did u guess it 489? than why do u give long lectures. You always want to spray salt on all those below 450 and waiting. be positive in life
Excuse me? where did I ever say I didn't think the points would go "far from 450"? I actually thought the last draw would be much higher than 489.
Spraying salt? How? Poster went on a rant and I pointed out inconsistencies in their theory.

Oh - and Rafzy has edited the original post. Originally it was much more full of expletives and anger. Not a lighthearted response.