Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Omo Naija said:
HI guys,

i need you opinion on an issue.... A friend of mine sent in his 1122 application which was delivered on 7th july 2011...

His card was "supposed" to be charged on 11th august but was declined (he got a text message alert on this) due to insufficient funds cos the amount in his cc couldnt cover the bank charges.

He has rectified it & added additional funds.... Does anyone know if CIO will try charging his card again or has he already missed his luck :eek:

What do you guys think ?
This is a very sensitive issue. CIC will definitely try to charge the CC again. it has happened before where cc charge was successful on 2nd or 3rd attempt. I used VISA debit card and have sufficient funds therein.
Good luck to all.

momad

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-May-2013
sandip145951 said:
finally cap is full n finally there is a update from cic
hello fiends my application reached on 12 aug received by mike so in tension tht will i fall within the cap
another thing is that how would i cum 2 know that whether my dd has been encahed or not coz i also contacted my bank they told me that only the receiver general can tell u that as its centralize thing we cant give u any update regerding that

this seems like a recurring problem. personally i have instructed the bank well prior to sending my application about the level of service i expect. i paid by CC so i check online statements regularly to see if i was charged and also call the CC call center and remind them of my instructions to allow this payment to go through and give me a phone alert when it happens.
(this was possible even for a BD. i chose CC so that if i get a negative response then getting back my cash was easier)

would you guys be able to demand your bank to do the same? after all you are a client. maybe threaten to pull your account out (it works even if you don't have a big balance)

just a suggestion.

Jimmy Dsouza

Aug 8, 2011
I think the cc currency conversion rate is quite high and there are charges of 3.5% for the transactions.
In case of rejection; BD can be cancelled and credited back to account by declaring that the BD is lost in transit or has been misplaced by you. Nominal charges are taken for BD cancellation..

NET NET both will eventually cost the same..

BD is however safer coz it guarantees payment... So no need to keep checking if there is sufficient credit limit or transaction declined or other problems.. Also Banks can give confirmation if BD is encashed within some hours.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
sango said:
This is a very sensitive issue. CIC will definitely try to charge the CC again. it has happened before where cc charge was successful on 2nd or 3rd attempt. I used VISA debit card and have sufficient funds therein.
Good luck to all.
I heard they usually try to charge it twice. If it fails the 2nd time they will return the application as rejected.

But if the funds are there now it should be ok as long as the bank's automated security software doesn't stop it.

For all kinds of reasons I would strongly advise applicants to use a bank draft rather than risking credit cards. A draft might cost a little bit of money and might take longer to find out when it's cashed - but it is guaranteed cleared funds which cannot be rejected. I'd rather pay £20 and wait an extra 2 weeks to find out when my draft cleared, than have my application returned because my bank's security system blocked my credit card.

Wayne.

yon

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
richardo3 said:
This is correct, i know that (through my agent based in London) the CC/BD charge process is carried out at a different office which applications are posted too in order for payments to be instructed. This office is not around the corner and there is a time frame required for the applications to be sent from the first to the second office. So correlation is hard to come by, if they sent the applications for payment processing regularly we could see a pattern, if they send them randomly perhaps in big or small batches depending on workload we would have no idea on time correlation. I don't think they will process anyone faster than anyone else due to the economy, a few people is hardly going to make a huge difference or the current world recession in whatever sector ;-)
good guess.... CIC office is not solely entertaining NOC1122..... tones of different kind of immigration in CIC....you know ?
do you think we charge your CC/BD manually & daily liked a factory ?.......

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
sango said:
Do not bother to send now hoping that it will be considered in next year's cap. Surely noc 1122 will be struck off the list. You can start thinking of becoming a dentist or crane driver. My application reached 25th July, and I will start checking both my card account and post box. either way, who knows!
What makes you say that it'll be struck off the list?

And Canada isn't the be all-end all of my promising career, so I don't need to change professions that radically just in order to get into one single country.

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Jimmy Dsouza said:
I think the cc currency conversion rate is quite high and there are charges of 3.5% for the transactions.
In case of rejection; BD can be cancelled and credited back to account by declaring that the BD is lost in transit or has been misplaced by you. Nominal charges are taken for BD cancellation..

NET NET both will eventually cost the same..

BD is however safer coz it guarantees payment... So no need to keep checking if there is sufficient credit limit or transaction declined or other problems.. Also Banks can give confirmation if BD is encashed within some hours.
can anyone say what was the amount(550 CAD) deducted from their ccard in INR(INDIAN RUPEES)? Shijoal

ONS

Aug 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15.08.2011, received by Mike on 22.08.2011 before cap was updated on website
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
Original sent Band 7.5
Suddenly the forum has gone quite. Is everyone now waiting for the CC to be charged?

brando_jh_kh

Aug 16, 2011
I guess for those whose applications were received from the last week of July and till the 10th of August, they should see a CC debit somewhere around the 2nd week of september

This is going by the time it took for the early july applicants

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
It would be helpful if CIO would, on their web site, as well as stating (cap filled) would also put the date of the last application considered within the cap.

Then rather than this horrible darkness of a waiting game, those who were borderline would be able to have a good idea if their application made it within the cap or not.

Wayne.

Longhandle

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION SENT 11th July & RECEIVED BY D STEPHONSON ON 15th July 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Cappuccino said:
It would be helpful if CIO would, on their web site, as well as stating (cap filled) would also put the date of the last application considered within the cap.

Then rather than this horrible darkness of a waiting game, those who were borderline would be able to have a good idea if their application made it within the cap or not.

Wayne.
A simple soulution to all anxieties,specualations, and pessimism.A good one Wayne.

brando_jh_kh

Aug 16, 2011
The cap most probably would have reached somewhere by the 17th or 18th I suppose. Just looking at the trend till the 10th august updates.

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
brando_jh_kh said:
The cap most probably would have reached somewhere by the 17th or 18th I suppose. Just looking at the trend till the 10th august updates.
Is it 17/18 July or august you r referring to?

brando_jh_kh

Aug 16, 2011
August. I am purely going by what they reported

Since, as of the 10th of August, it was 419. So around 80 would have been received in about 6-8 days.

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
Hi everyone I am new in this forum.
Plzz update my details in spreedsheet

Application applyed - 16th july 2011
Application Received - 25th july 2011
Noc code - 1122
Mode of payment - BD
1st AOR - Not Received

I have a question please advice me friends, in my work exp. letter thier is a singal mistake in it. My increment letter is not correct, thier is a date error at the time of getting increment. Plz suggest me does it effect my filed case. Rest my all documents are correct and notarized.