04-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Please see my comments in green.

Goal7354 said:
Hi Folks,
I sent my completed documents via Aramax on 01 Aug 2011 from Dubai, and delivered to KRSZWDA Citizenship on 4th Aug 2011.

Category - FSW1
NOC Code - 1122
Visa Office - Abu Dhabi
IELTS - Included
PCC - Included

I need your advise on my following queries at this time -
1) I see that 336 applications (under NOC 1122) have already been received as on Aug 4 - I would like to know does this number suggests the no. of applications received at their office OR the total number of application duly secreend and OKed by them ? I guess in the later case, does CIC would have informed all these 336 applicants already that their application is received and under process with them ?
I believe, this number suggests 'Number of complete applications' received by CIC (that means doc checklist for these docs is fine). In the forum, there is another viewpoint as well that for these many apps CC/BD has been charged and CIC has received more than 336 apps (may be cap is already full) for which they have to start processing and include in the count. So, still it is not clear what exactly the numbers represent.

2) Since I made fees payment through Bank draft, wherein the bank already debited the money from my account at the time of issuing the draft, how would I know as & when CIC enchases that amount ?
You have to call the customer care of your bank (after 3-4 weeks) to know the status. they can check if the DD was en-cashed by Bank's Canadian counterpart and then let you know the status.

3) what are the next steps for me - when do I get to hear from CIC (on file number or otherwise) ? Do I receive an email or postal letter ?
You will receive an email (PER/NER) from CIC if you have mentioned your email ID while filling the app. it will take 2-3 months.

4) With the new processing process, how long is the wait time these days to hear from CIC, the first time ? Days? Weeks? Months? Years ? ;D
2-3 months

Since I am new to this forum, request you to update the spreadsheet.
I am really hoping that my application makes it to the cap. Good luck to everyone too !!!

brar82

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
cantry said:
Hello all,

i think i'm pushing my luck to the limit. I am sending my applications for noc 1122 today shoudl reach by 12th of aug. is there a realisitc chance of gettig in ( considering the forms are complete) within the remaining 164??

thanks
Hi,

it's bit late now... but still give it a try. All the best!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi AndSoToCanada, please allow me to respond to your theories one by one.

AndSoToCanada said:
- Those few people whose CC's already got charged or BN's withdrawn are hands-down highly qualified that the officers never thought twice of accepting. Question is - how did CIC manage to thoroughly background check those people?
My understanding is that the opening of applications and completeness check is not done by qualified immigration officers but by administrative clerks. I suspect the very reason they do a seperate completeness check prior to the eligibility review is that they do not waste immigration officers' time with incomplete applications.

So those who have had their cards charged IMO were not hand picked and certainly did not have a thorough background check. At the completeness check they will check the following
1) All forms are present
2) All forms are signed where there is space for a signature, and no missing fields
3) All supporting documentation as specified in the CIO checklist and visa-office specific checklist has been incldued
4) That they correct payment draft or credit card authorisation has been included

As you might guess it does not take a fully qualified immigration officer to check these things, and it is cheaper for CIC to pay clerks to do this than immigration officers.

AndSoToCanada said:
- Just because you submitted your papers early doesn't necessarily mean you're in. If you're score is borderline 67, the officers may put yours aside temporarily and process more applications in order to accommodate more qualified and deserving people. Just like when hiring employees they wait a little bit to get a better candidate. So my theory is that they have some kind of a temporary waitlist.
They will not discriminate and put applications to the side for more "deserving" people. At this stage they make no decision as to the application's eligibility, only its completeness. And I am 99.999% certain they have no temporary waiting list.

However, almost certainly the clerks performing the completeness check will not be the ones actually processing the fees payments. I imagine this will be a seperate accounting team, so when the completeness check is done I am guessing they send the payment for off to the accounts team and the rest of the file to the immigration officers ready for the eligibility review. So the rate at which payments are cashed does not necessarily reflect the rate at which completeness checks are performed, hence why the number of members reporting their payments taken does not seem to tally with our percentage of the total applications on the CIC website.

AndSoToCanada said:
- "Complete Applications Received" should be taken as "complete appications received", literally. I think there is a separate group that does completeness check and another one that does in-depth assessment. So complete applications still have to go through background checking, verification, etc. If the initial 500 didn't pass the thorough assessment, CIC will tap on their reserve (ranked by submission date and score).

Feel free to criticize this theory. Thanks.
You are right about one group doing the completeness check and the other group doing the eligibility review. Remember that the eligibility review must be done by a full immigration officer, whereas the completeness check can be done by someone less experienced/qualified.

However I believe you're incorrect about the "reserve". The first 500 applications for any given NOC to pass the completeness check will be considered for processing. If any of those applications are rejected at any further stage (CIO eligibility review, visa office eligibility review, visa office background checks, medicals, security checks etc) then they will not take another application instead.

So whereas 10,000 applications will be considered for processing - in reality the number of actual applications approved will be somewhat less.

Wayne.

Phil Chen

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Well,finally, my App have been charged these days. However, I could not sure what day it was.
Here is my Infomation:
NOC:1122
Date of Sent: 1th of July.
Date of Received: 6th of July
payment:Credit Card
Charged Day: probably 3-5th Aug.
V.O:Hong Kong

R

RKC

Phil Chen said:
Well,finally, my App have been charged these days. However, I could not sure what day it was.
Here is my Infomation:

Congratz Phil Chen :)

scottishK

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-July-2011 / CC debited 02-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
21-Sep-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Oct/Nov 2011
Med's Request
10-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
01-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-July-2012
LANDED..........
18-Sept-2013
Pizza said:
Hey ScottishK... what time did your application reach CIC on 6th July? Can you please this as well in your status...
It was 11.07am!

R

RKC

Cappuccino said:
So the rate at which payments are cashed does not necessarily reflect the rate at which completeness checks are performed, hence why the number of members reporting their payments taken does not seem to tally with our percentage of the total applications on the CIC website.

Wayne,

Loved to read those lines. It makes me hopeful.

Thanx.

bregadier

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Documents send
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
27 jun
IELTS Request
Send with documents
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
24 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
24 Sep
i feel like a huge number of application in this catagory will be comming back to the applicants in the comming day :(

i completed my application package today but seeing the present application status , i think it is useless to send now :'(

is their any hope for me ???

scottishK

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-July-2011 / CC debited 02-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
21-Sep-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Oct/Nov 2011
Med's Request
10-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
01-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-July-2012
LANDED..........
18-Sept-2013
Wayne

From my knowledge so far of the immigration process, what I've learnt from the forum and my own personal opinions, I agree with the points you raise.

Really appreciate your informed input here on this forum. I was actually having a good read of your blog last night which has been really helpful, as I'm now at the start of the process, having just had my CC charged for fees a couple of days ago. It's exciting, but then that soon waned as I realised my app will now be undergoing an eligibility check! Whilst I remain poisitve and hopeful, there are a couple of issues I'd like to pass by you, to get your opinion on if possible? I shall either post on this forum or PM you.

Thanks, and all the best with your initial landing in Canada! Btw, where are you headed and when do you start your new job?

Best wishes, ScottishK

bregadier

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Documents send
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
27 jun
IELTS Request
Send with documents
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
24 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
24 Sep
i feel like a huge number of application in this catagory will be comming back to the applicants in the comming day

i completed my application package today but seeing the present application status , i think it is useless to send now

is their any hope for me

SmGrGe

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011, cc charged on 12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted including PCC
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted, 8.5 band
File Transfer...
In Process at VO: 22-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
congrats phil chen!

alaindotcom

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 02-7-2011 Received 08-07-2011
AOR Received.
CIC PER 28-09-2011 MANILA VO AOR 18-10-2011
IELTS Request
Band 9.0 Original TRF sent
Med's Request
Sent 22-11-2011 Received 14-12-2011
Med's Done....
Meds Done 15-12-2011; Sent 26-12-2011 Received 16-01-2012; Payment for RPRF sent 21-12-2011 Received 22-12-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-2012
LANDED..........
03-13-2012
Phil Chen said:
Here is my Infomation:
That is good news, Phil. Calgary is waiting for you. :D

Pizza

Aug 5, 2011
Phil Chen said:
Here is my Infomation:
Congrates Chen... what time did your application reach CIC on 6th July?

Longhandle

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION SENT 11th July & RECEIVED BY D STEPHONSON ON 15th July 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Any Guess Guys.........About how many applicants use this forum to get in touch with proceedings?????.Any experience from last year will be fruitful.