+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 month CEC - confusing response from IRCC

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
Hi all, This is regarding extra points that were added after my work experience of 1 year and 11 months. On January 17, 2022, I started job in a company and I resigned from the company on December 24th, 2023. But before completing 2 years, an extra 13 points was added to my profile. So once I get the invitation, will 13 points be considered or is there any chance for rejection.?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I’m completing my 1 year with experience in Feb,2024 next month.
If I get invitation for oinp in January, can i accept it(It has 45 days to submit docs and by that time my experience will be completed). Pls help , I’m confused
Accept it and submit once u complete 1 year It will work
Just don’t submit before 1 year is complete
I had done the same and it worked and my pr was also approved

Reactions: Ocsean

ankkkkk

Jul 22, 2024
hello people , my friend is in a tricky situation, experince in canada for 2 companies : 12th July 2022 to 14th September 2023 and 16th October 2023 to 7th August 2024 , it seems he's short of 1 week to complete 2 years. Please if anyone can confirm if these be counted as 2 years or no ?

Aug 22, 2024
Accept it and submit once u complete 1 year It will work
Just don’t submit before 1 year is complete
I had done the same and it worked and my pr was also approved

@neo69 did you have a continuous role?

I got my ITA on 14 Aug 2024.
I started working on Sep 11, 2023. So I am in my 12th month now (and was in my 12th month the day of ITA). My situation is also slightly tricky as I will be starting a new job on Sep 9, 2024. There is no mention of this job in my profile as it was not finalized by then. It is the SAME TEER but a different NOC.

Anyone here who has had the same situation, or knows the same or similar situation, please advise. The draws are pretty frequent right now so I can decline and reapply. But I do not want to take the chance. Immigration rules are changing so frequently and I do not want to get stuck.

Aug 22, 2024
this is not correct - even if you answer NO to the above question - you will still get 50 points - I tried it on my profile and it still added 50 points for the job offer when I selected No as the answer you pasted above

Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

Does it affect you if you select Yes in your 12th month of work? That is what I am concerned about. I know you get points even if you select no. But I got my ITA the next day of creating my profile. I meant to go back and change it to no but the situation changed very very quickly. Will that be considered an incorrect response on my application?