+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10 days marriage license processing in Philippines

happilee

Mar 11, 2014
To my fellow Filipinos

Ask lang po if kailangan po ba sundin talaga yung 10 days marriage banns posting before you could get married? Kasi my boyfriend (Filipino) is a permanent resident in Canada and we are planning to get married (civil lang) when he comes home this December. He'll arrive Dec 19. Alis na sya uli ng January 4 balik Canada. He'll be staying here sa PH for 16 days lang. His stay here is limited kasi he has work there.

Problem namin ang daming holidays this december. So working days here are limited.

I would just like to ask kung meron na ba dito couple na hindi sumunod sa 10 days posting? Kasi dba you have to wait for 10 days para ma-release ang marriage license nyo then saka lang kayo pwde magpakasal. I've read na pwde ma-rush ito with the help of fixers. Pero ayoko kasi magpatulong sa fixers as much as possible.

Let's say, if we wont follow the 10 days posting rule, will this be traced by the Canadian Embassy pag nag apply na kami for sponsorship? Baka kasi ma-apektohan ang sponsorship application namin if they trace any irregularities in our civil wedding. I know they'll look at my boyfriend's passport to know kung tugma ang point of entry sa dates ng pagprocess ng marriage license, etc.

And yung 10 days posting, included ba sa bilang ang weekends? Or should it be 10 WORKING days (mon-fri)?

Hope you guys can help me. As much as possible gusto ko talaga dumaan sa tamang proseso.

I've researched na pero iba-iba ang nakikita kong sagot. Baka meron nang couples dito sa forum who've had a similar situation as ours.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
The posting of the banns is a religious thing, not a legal one. CIC won't give a hoot about that. Your problem lies potentially in getting your marriage license in 10 days. It varies at each municipal. We were promised 1 week in our advance research but with a change in who was in charge, that changed on us last minute to 2 weeks. We had to pay under the table to get it in 1 week, but we did.

We were able to get married 15 days after I arrived in Philippines from Canada. I can't remember how many days we ended up having to spare, if any.

happilee

Mar 11, 2014
truesmile said:
The posting of the banns is a religious thing, not a legal one. CIC won't give a hoot about that. Your problem lies potentially in getting your marriage license in 10 days. It varies at each municipal. We were promised 1 week in our advance research but with a change in who was in charge, that changed on us last minute to 2 weeks. We had to pay under the table to get it in 1 week, but we did.

We were able to get married 15 days after I arrived in Philippines from Canada. I can't remember how many days we ended up having to spare, if any.
For how many days did you wait for your marriage license to be released?

ms.m

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
10 working dAys. Make sure that ypu have the requirements. Nso borth cert. cenomar.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
We also had to wait 10 working days in Quezon city, back in 2013.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Since we quoted previous information that they were aware of, a few pesos under the table and we got it in one week, 5 working days. That was their previous commitment to us.

Pisces gurl

Oct 27, 2018
Hello Po
To my fellow Filipinos

Ask lang po if kailangan po ba sundin talaga yung 10 days marriage banns posting before you could get married? Kasi my boyfriend (Filipino) is a permanent resident in Canada and we are planning to get married (civil lang) when he comes home this December. He'll arrive Dec 19. Alis na sya uli ng January 4 balik Canada. He'll be staying here sa PH for 16 days lang. His stay here is limited kasi he has work there.

Problem namin ang daming holidays this december. So working days here are limited.

I would just like to ask kung meron na ba dito couple na hindi sumunod sa 10 days posting? Kasi dba you have to wait for 10 days para ma-release ang marriage license nyo then saka lang kayo pwde magpakasal. I've read na pwde ma-rush ito with the help of fixers. Pero ayoko kasi magpatulong sa fixers as much as possible.

Let's say, if we wont follow the 10 days posting rule, will this be traced by the Canadian Embassy pag nag apply na kami for sponsorship? Baka kasi ma-apektohan ang sponsorship application namin if they trace any irregularities in our civil wedding. I know they'll look at my boyfriend's passport to know kung tugma ang point of entry sa dates ng pagprocess ng marriage license, etc.

And yung 10 days posting, included ba sa bilang ang weekends? Or should it be 10 WORKING days (mon-fri)?

Hope you guys can help me. As much as possible gusto ko talaga dumaan sa tamang proseso.

I've researched na pero iba-iba ang nakikita kong sagot. Baka meron nang couples dito sa forum who've had a similar situation as ours.

Hello Po,
I’m now having same situation as what you had . Did you able to waive the 10 days to get marriage license? If yes, pano nyo po eto ginawa? Thank you

Jake17

Oct 3, 2019

How were you able to get married in 15 days? Can you please help me on how you proceeded with that? I am planning to get married with my girlfriend and we want to get married ASAP as well. Hope you can reply. Thanks po!

graceygrace

Mar 2, 2019
How were you able to get married in 15 days? Can you please help me on how you proceeded with that? I am planning to get married with my girlfriend and we want to get married ASAP as well. Hope you can reply. Thanks po!
Hi, If you know someone working in this kind of office that would be a big help. There are some municipalities that are lenient