+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the facilities provided by Service Canada for Disabled People Having Open Work Permit ?

joker00

May 6, 2023
I have open work permit in Canada and would like to settle in Montreal which I found gorgeous. I'm specialized in software testing. I have a physical disability and I was told that Service Canada provide some facilities. If you enlighten me in this regard and what the facilities are that I can benefit considering my situation, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have open work permit in Canada and would like to settle in Montreal which I found gorgeous. I'm specialized in software testing. I have a physical disability and I was told that Service Canada provide some facilities. If you enlighten me in this regard and what the facilities are that I can benefit considering my situation, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance...
What ”facilities” are you looking for. When you go to a Service Canada office they can accommodate your needs. Service Canada provides SIN (Social Insurance), EI (Employment Insurance) services.

Last edited:

joker00

May 6, 2023
What ”facilities” are you looking for. When you go to a Service Canada office they can accommodate your needs. Service Canada provides SIN (Social Insurance), EI (Employment Insurance) services.
There may be easiness in terms of job for disabled people such as priority in interviews, there may be quota in jobs specifically allocated for disabled people. Such facilities that I'm referring to and would like to be enlightened.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There may be easiness in terms of job for disabled people such as priority in interviews, there may be quota in jobs specifically allocated for disabled people. Such facilities that I'm referring to and would like to be enlightened.

Thanks in advance.
Doesn’t work like that. You get an interview based on your experience/education/merit. There is no priority for people with disabilities. Your CV/resume will have no indication that you have a disability. For an interview, you can ask for accommodations in the workplace, if hired and for the interview too. There are no quotas imposed on workplaces to hire a percentage of people with disabilities. It would be voluntary within each organization.

If you are living in Montreal, you will want to show a proficiency in English and French.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and foodie69

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance.
If these programs exist you would qualify because you are not a PR of citizen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance...
Montreal is not very disability friendly especially if you have mobility issues. Are you fluent in French?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance.
Your family seems to have applied for WPs through the Turkey earthquake program. You seem to have gotten lucky and gotten a TRV with a disability which is typically very difficult unless you can show that you are have strong ties to your home country (job,own property, etc.), have good savings and that you have extensive international travel history. Looks like you and your brother were still living with your mother as adults and all came to Canada which also can be red flags for IRCC about your intention to truly visit.. If your goal is to get PR you and your mother may struggle. Your mother based on age and you due to health issues. You will have to show that you will not place excessive demand on the healthcare system? Hopefully you have done your research in advance about whether you would pass a medical if you applied for PR. If your mother is in her 50s or older it will also be very difficult to retire unless she has significant savings already and even find good employment due to ageism for your mother. The immigration system is set-up to favour young immigrants so qualifying to immigrate at an older age is more difficult and your mother will be considered as a separate family unit. Both you and your brother will also be considered separately.