Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Did you receive any answer? In the main application page, Eligibility shows in progress since I applied on 28 June 2022. But in the tracker, it shows completed. Background check now shows in progress in the tracker. I wonder why arent these two in sync. Got the BVL letter an hour ago.
that's whats up!
yea, but after that post tracker was updated and now i have them all completed except bg check.
mehn with the bvl, its all the way.. check again, no visa/doc no.?

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
I swear. Have you received bvl? Feels like they just abandoned Nigerians.
no i haven't.
i was slightly confused about the bvl at first because in my gckey account, my biometrics had always shown 'completed' with a 20 digit bio number assigned, so i jus assumed that was the validation lol.
i think they are currently in Africa) . iam hoping for some greener changes in the next tracker update so, yea we stay positive.

Reactions: Ogoara

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Biometric completed June 2022
I received BVL yesterday.
keep it coming folks. even though i am all shaky lmao
btw what was your application time-line like?
you can never know how these guys really do.
and mines was April 2022. no bvl... yet.

EDIT: another thing, did you get an email notification before the bvl letter?

Ogoara

Apr 2, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
VISIT
Did you receive any answer? In the main application page, Eligibility shows in progress since I applied on 28 June 2022. But in the tracker, it shows completed. Background check now shows in progress in the tracker. I wonder why arent these two in sync. Got the BVL letter an hour ago.
Congratulations

mos6141

Dec 11, 2022
keep it coming folks. even though i am all shaky lmao
btw what was your application time-line like?
you can never know how these guys really do.
and mines was April 2022. no bvl... yet.

EDIT: another thing, did you get an email notification before the bvl letter?
Got an email yesterday saying i have a message in the portal. That was the BVL.
I checked the tracker site today and now see Visa number and expiry date.

Reactions: T0pubo and gudpples

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Got an email yesterday saying i have a message in the portal. That was the BVL.
I checked the tracker site today and now see Visa number and expiry date.
Thanks and congrats again)

Apr 14, 2023
My long awaited decision on my visitor visa came in today 28th April, 2023. According to the immigration officer he claimed that

he is not satisfied that I truthfully answered all questions in the documents I submitted in support of my application as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA.He further stated that he is not satisfied that the information is truthful. Also that my declared history of previously refused visa applications to Canada or any other Country.
The above grounds for the decision of the immigration officer is totally false. All my supporting documents are authentic, meaning that they didn't take time to verify the documents. Also I never declared history of previously refused visa applications whether to Canada or any other Country.
What step can I take to address this, as the decision was purely based on falsehood without verification.

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
My long awaited decision on my visitor visa came in today 28th April, 2023. According to the immigration officer he claimed that

he is not satisfied that I truthfully answered all questions in the documents I submitted in support of my application as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA.He further stated that he is not satisfied that the information is truthful. Also that my declared history of previously refused visa applications to Canada or any other Country.
The above grounds for the decision of the immigration officer is totally false. All my supporting documents are authentic, meaning that they didn't take time to verify the documents. Also I never declared history of previously refused visa applications whether to Canada or any other Country.
What step can I take to address this, as the decision was purely based on falsehood without verification.
that's just very sad.
to have kept your application this long and have it refused.
if you strongly feel that the decision was unfair, you could use the help of an immigration lawyer i think.
BTW: did you get a bvl letter? and what was the last update on the tracker website before the decision ?

Last edited: