+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Can I Re-enter Canada with Expired TRV but Valid Study Permit?

JGX123

May 16, 2022
I'm facing a dilemma regarding my travel plans to India due to family emergencies. I currently hold a valid study permit in Canada expiring in November 2024. However, my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) has expired, and although I've applied for its renewal, I'm uncertain whether I'll receive a response before my departure date.

Given the urgency of my situation, I'm wondering if it's permissible to re-enter Canada with an expired TRV, considering I have a valid study permit. I've researched but haven't found information on this scenario.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have knowledge of the rules regarding re-entry to Canada with an expired TRV but a valid study permit? Any insights, advice, or personal experiences would be immensely helpful in guiding my decision-making process during this stressful time.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm facing a dilemma regarding my travel plans to India due to family emergencies. I currently hold a valid study permit in Canada expiring in November 2024. However, my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) has expired, and although I've applied for its renewal, I'm uncertain whether I'll receive a response before my departure date.

Given the urgency of my situation, I'm wondering if it's permissible to re-enter Canada with an expired TRV, considering I have a valid study permit. I've researched but haven't found information on this scenario.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have knowledge of the rules regarding re-entry to Canada with an expired TRV but a valid study permit? Any insights, advice, or personal experiences would be immensely helpful in guiding my decision-making process during this stressful time.

You will need a valid TRV to reenter Canada

Reactions: CanGoldDigger

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023

You wouldn't be able to travel with an expired visa as your study permit does not guarantee that you can travel in Canada. You'll most likely be denied entry