+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit through Frankfurt for first landing as an Indian?

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hello, how did it go for you? I hope you have reached Canada without any issues. I am in the exactly same situation as you and seeking confirmation from you that a transit visa is not required if you have travelled.
Hey, I posted a longer reply with some links but it was pending moderator approval for a long time. I'm unsure if it's visible to other posters yet. Short answer - I called VFS, the German Border Police, read all the online docs available on the German Federal Foreign Office website etc. They all indicate a visa is not needed if you have an Indian passport + a valid Canadian visa + you wont be stopping at more than one schengen airport + leaving the transit area + staying for a long stretch at the airport. Hope this helps. Please share your experience when you end up flying.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I posted a longer reply with some links but it was pending moderator approval for a long time. I'm unsure if it's visible to other posters yet. Short answer - I called VFS, the German Border Police, read all the online docs available on the German Federal Foreign Office website etc. They all indicate a visa is not needed if you have an Indian passport + a valid Canadian visa + you wont be stopping at more than one schengen airport + leaving the transit area + staying for a long stretch at the airport. Hope this helps. Please share your experience when you end up flying.
I can see this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/transit-through-frankfurt-for-first-landing-as-an-indian.803884/post-10518607

OrionSpur

Feb 7, 2024
So how did it go? Hope you landed in Canada, do update us it will help, i am on the same situation.

OrionSpur

Feb 7, 2024
If you have a valid USA visa or Canada Visa you can transit through Frankfurt without any issues. Yes COPR with PR visa stamp on your passport is valid visa to transit through Germany as long as you are not transiting to a Schengen country before reaching Canada.

Last edited:

Pradeepsaero3

Mar 11, 2024
If you have a valid USA visa or Canada Visa you can transit through Frankfurt without any issues. Yes COPR with PR visa stamp on your passport is valid visa to transit through Germany as long as you are not transiting to a Schengen country before reaching Canada.
thank you so much

rajeev50588

May 5, 2024
thank you so much
Hey, I am in the same situation.
Have a valid CoPR with visa stamping on my indian passport.
I am getting flight options from Mumbai to Toronto via Frankfurt or Munich.

Were you asked for transit visa since you were doing your first landing in CANADA?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I am in the same situation.
Have a valid CoPR with visa stamping on my indian passport.
I am getting flight options from Mumbai to Toronto via Frankfurt or Munich.

Were you asked for transit visa since you were doing your first landing in CANADA?
You won't be asked for a transit visa for shorter layovers(3 hours, 6 hours, etc). Make sure you don't have more than one layover in EU, else, you'll be asked for a visa. I recently travelled with a fellow passenger from India to through Frankfurt Canada who was a new PR, they had no issues.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

dvdg

Feb 2, 2024
You won't be asked for a transit visa for shorter layovers(3 hours, 6 hours, etc). Make sure you don't have more than one layover in EU, else, you'll be asked for a visa. I recently travelled with a fellow passenger from India to through Frankfurt Canada who was a new PR, they had no issues.
Hey, till now I am sure about everything.
just need any update if you have with your travel experience. Have you accompanied anyone with same situation? In case passenger have visitor visa of Canada? And went through the journey.