+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should my mother NOT apply for visitor visa until I complete 6 months of study?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
I wanted my mother to visit me after a month of studies but I read somewhere that an international student who isn't a minor requires to complete atleast 6 months of studies and only then can he invite the parent over by sending a letter of invitation?

Is this true? I really wanted to call my mother for a few weeks right away next month but now am scared of rejection of her visitor visa... and potential damage to her chances of getting a visitor visa in the future too..

Experts please advise..

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Re: Should my mother to apply for visitor visa until I complete 6 months of study?

nevillek said:
I wanted my mother to visit me after a month of studies but I read somewhere that an international student who isn't a minor requires to complete atleast 6 months of studies and only then can he invite the parent over by sending a letter of invitation?

Is this true? I really wanted to call my mother for a few weeks right away next month but now am scared of rejection of her visitor visa... and potential damage to her chances of getting a visitor visa in the future too..

Experts please advise..
I know two people whose parents asked for TRV before they completed 6 months of studies. I guess it all depends on your profile and common sense. Do your parents have strong ties to home country? Do they have enough money? Why they want to visit you so soon? How long will your program last? Attaching a letter explaining things in a simple and straight forward way helps too. Etc.

You should read carefully the Visitor's visa page at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Re: Should my mother to apply for visitor visa until I complete 6 months of study?

nettoyant said:
I know two people whose parents asked for TRV before they completed 6 months of studies. I guess it all depends on your profile and common sense. Do your parents have strong ties to home country? Do they have enough money? Why they want to visit you so soon? How long will your program last? Attaching a letter explaining things in a simple and straight forward way helps too. Etc.

You should read carefully the Visitor's visa page at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp
Did they get it though? My mother has enough finance but my dad is working in the US since few years. Also, mother has nobody back at home to look after. Thing is, if the TRV gets rejected even once, it sets a bad rep.

P.S. She wants to come visit me SO SOON because she's all alone here. Does that go for or against getting the TRV?

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
wait for a big festival , book her return tickets nd put them in the application (baad me wapse ki cancel kara dena) Since u have no home ties, this is the only way i could think of...

one of my consultants asked me to wait till Christmas/new year week den apply...!! just an idea...wait for more options

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
what is ratio of visit visas for parents?

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013

nevillek said:
Did they get it though? My mother has enough finance but my dad is working in the US since few years. Also, mother has nobody back at home to look after. Thing is, if the TRV gets rejected even once, it sets a bad rep.

P.S. She wants to come visit me SO SOON because she's all alone here. Does that go for or against getting the TRV?
They got the visas, but apparently they had strong ties to the home country. Your case is kind of special. If were you I would consult a professional.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013

nettoyant said:
They got the visas, but apparently they had strong ties to the home country. Your case is kind of special. If were you I would consult a professional.
Mmm okay. Ty!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

nevillek said:
This will go against getting the TRV. It will be interpreted as lack of ties to her home country.