+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return to canada after expired work permit??

The param

Jan 7, 2017
Can anyone suggest.. i came to canada as a international student in may 2010 and graduated in 2012, got work permit for 3 years . Applied for pnp in BC but did not compelled the process and left the job so pnp got withdrawn. My work permit got expired on march 15 2015 and i left canada on that day. However now i want to come back to canada. And i have 10 year visitor visa for USA tho.

Please suggest which is the best way to come back to canada? A lwayer said apply for visitor visa for canada and once i come down there then apply for LMIA? Or should i apply for work permit from india? Or should i come to USA ON MY VISIOT VISA AND apply visitor visa for canada from USA?? So confused

Any help would be appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot apply for an LMIA - this is something your employer must do. What you would need to do in order to be able to work in Canada again is find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job. That employer would then apply for an LMIA. If the LMIA is approved, you would then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. The LMIA process is long (often 4-6 months to complete) and also expensive for the employer. As a result, it does tend to be difficult to find employers willing to go through the process. However some people are certainly successful. Are any of your former employers in Canada willing to offer you a full time job and also go through the LMIA process?

The param

Jan 7, 2017
thank you for the fastest response.. yes I do have some known people there and a employer who can apply LMIA for me.. this is a pretty long and expensive way.. how about get TRV(visitor visa) and once come to canada then get LMIA??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The param said:
thank you for the fastest response.. yes I do have some known people there and a employer who can apply LMIA for me.. this is a pretty long and expensive way.. how about get TRV(visitor visa) and once come to canada then get LMIA??
The LMIA and work permit process is still the same, whether you are in Canada or abroad.

The param

Jan 7, 2017
yes the process is same...

One more question

should i apply a visitor visa for my spouse as well? or should i apply later once i get LMIA approved in canada?