+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Lowers Pass Mark for Canadian Immigration through Skilled Worker Program

GLcanada

May 13, 2015
Hi,

www(dot)cicnews(dot)com/2015/08/quebec-lowers-pass-mark-canadian-immigration-skilled-worker-program-085827.html

experts please clarify,,

is this like NB expression of interest ?
can we apply without french knowledge?
I heard process time is very long, anyone who got ITA till now?

TQ

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to know French.

sammy2607

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2015
Med's Done....
11th July,2015
Quebec is the only province excluded from Express entry.
And its really long - Upto 2 years processing time or more some times if you do not possess french advanced intermediate level.

Hope it helps

GLcanada

May 13, 2015
scylla said:
You need to know French.
thank you for your reply,

but article says,,,
"Applicants should also note that they may be awarded points for French proficiency, though it is not an eligibility requirement for the program. Applicants who do not have knowledge of French, but who have strong credentials in other areas, may still be eligible to apply"

GLcanada

May 13, 2015
sammy2607 said:
And its really long - Upto 2 years processing time or more some times if you do not possess french advanced intermediate level.

Hope it helps
[/quote

Thank you very much,,,

but i think through EE can apply now,,

"For now, the QSWP remains a first-come, first-served immigration program. In contrast, the Express Entry selection system for the federal economic immigration programs selects potential applicants on a priority basis from a pool of candidates who have made an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada. According to the governments of Quebec and Canada, candidates can apply under the QSWP and submit an Express Entry profile, as long as they withdraw one when either a CSQ or Invitation to Apply (ITA) is issued"

please correct me if I am wrong,,

TQ in advance

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
22 points are awarded for language in which 16 for French (advanced intermediate/B2) and 6 points for English. So, even without French, CSQ is not impossible but takes a bit longer and we the applicants don't have any track of what's happening to our file.

sammy2607

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2015
Med's Done....
11th July,2015
GLcanada said:
sammy2607 said:

Hope it helps
Thank you very much,,,

but i think through EE can apply now,,
"For now, the QSWP remains a first-come, first-served immigration program. In contrast, the Express Entry selection system for the federal economic immigration programs selects potential applicants on a priority basis from a pool of candidates who have made an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada. According to the governments of Quebec and Canada, candidates can apply under the QSWP and submit an Express Entry profile, as long as they withdraw one when either a CSQ or Invitation to Apply (ITA) is issued"

please correct me if I am wrong,,

TQ in advance
You can make two different applications but will have to withdraw the other once the processing of either one starts.
With EE, you have to show your intentions to reside outside quebec. Thats the basic difference.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Quebec does not require WES evaluation, a certified copy of your documents is sufficient.

Are you guys talking about last year's applications? Because as far as I can tell from their website, this year's applications are not open yet for permanent workers (unless you are proficient in French of course).

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I haven't looked at it thoroughly because my degree comes under desired occupations this year. But I think you won't be getting any points from your degrees if they don't fall under their 'demand' criteria. That's a loss of whopping 16 points. Do you still qualify for the selection certificate?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
General answers to some of the questions asked:

1. French is not a requirement for QSW. BUT realistically, you need good French languages skills to settle in Qc. As well as for points.

2. QSW 2015 program is not yet open.

3. If your degree/qualification is not on the 'AOT' list at all, it's worth 0 points.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

You might need an "évaluation comparative des études":
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/comparative-evaluation/index.html

You might need to check whether you profession is regulated in Qc:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/regulated-professions/financial-market-authority.html

Start here:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/index.html

Some links / documents are only available in French. It's Quebec.

krystlebustle

Jun 20, 2015
I have heard that by the month of October, this program will open. A cap of 6300 for skilled immigrants is considered.

I have a question, should i pursue Quebec given that I don't speak french? My profession, which is a pharmacist, is regulated. Should I take the risk for Quebec? I have my IELTS results already.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krystlebustle said:
I have heard that by the month of October, this program will open. A cap of 6300 for skilled immigrants is considered.

I have a question, should i pursue Quebec given that I don't speak french? My profession, which is a pharmacist, is regulated. Should I take the risk for Quebec? I have my IELTS results already.
Have you looked at the requirements for your profession?
http://www.opq.org/fr-CA/diplomes-hors-quebec/

According to the official Immigration Québec site, the program will be opened sometime in 2015 - 2016
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

My personal opinion is that you would struggle to find work here in Qc without French.