+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a Mistake: Online Post Graduation Work Permit Application

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
That pgwp is kind of an open work permit so I’m good! Again I applied with the option ‘apply for wp from outside canada’ so I wouldn’t need wp-extension. But you’ll need it to work I guees? So better call IRCC . Good luck

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
Have you find any solution
Did your application approved ??
I called IRCC and they said that pgwp is an open work permit . So I was good. Also I applied from india so I dint need any paper to work in canada while my work permit was being processed and yes my work permit got approved.If you are applying from canada I suggest you call IRCC and they will definitely give you the best advice. Good luck

Navdeep0301

Oct 15, 2023
Hello Members,

I made a mistake in my IMM5710 I selected "Open work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Word Permit" in "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I am not sure what to do now. Should I withdraw the application and reapply again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did your application get approved ?

Navdeep0301

Oct 15, 2023
Hello Akash, I made the same mistake! Called IRCC and they told me that suncw i have attached my grad ketter and transcripts, the officer would know that ive applied for pgwp, pgwp is a part of open work permit only. Mine got approved 6 months ago.
You selected open work work instead of pgwp by mistake
And application approved ??

Navdeep0301

Oct 15, 2023
Hello Members,

I made a mistake in my IMM5710 I selected "Open work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Word Permit" in "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I am not sure what to do now. Should I withdraw the application and reapply again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did your application get approved ??

AnujaSwami

Jul 20, 2022
I also did the same mistake but don’t worry your work permit will come. For the safeside, you can submit webform by mentioning your this concern . I received my work permit almost after 5 months.
Hi. During the wait time did they send any updated CIC letter? Thats what is required by my employer in order for me to start my work. On selecting an open work permit option my CIC letter is different than the ones who chose the PGWP option. Did you face the same issue? Wha did your CIC letter say?

Navdeep0301

Oct 15, 2023
Hi. During the wait time did they send any updated CIC letter? Thats what is required by my employer in order for me to start my work. On selecting an open work permit option my CIC letter is different than the ones who chose the PGWP option. Did you face the same issue? Wha did your CIC letter say?
According to cic letter
I can work with same employer same conditions.
Even though i was student before that

I received this letter just because of my mistake.

If you have any another questions you can ask

Jan 5, 2024
Hi members,
I made a miskate on imm5710e, entered the wrong study permit number while applying for PGWP. What can I do, Please help.