+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internation student who wants to transfer to another university

Asarabia

Jan 17, 2024
Hi! I'm currently an international student here in Ontario studying ECE. However, my husband (OWP holder) is working and my kids (Student permit minor) are in Vancouver studying. I wanted to transfer to Vancouver to be with them and I just got my LOA for May 2024 intake in another DLI there in Vancouver. My question is: is it ok if I just withdraw my studies here and start to study the on May? I read from our school's refund policy that if I withdraw after 2 weeks of class (which will be on friday), they will get an amount from my tuition that I paid and return the remaining amount. I read that if I change to another university, I will just inform IRCC about it and submit my new LOA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I'm currently an international student here in Ontario studying ECE. However, my husband (OWP holder) is working and my kids (Student permit minor) are in Vancouver studying. I wanted to transfer to Vancouver to be with them and I just got my LOA for May 2024 intake in another DLI there in Vancouver. My question is: is it ok if I just withdraw my studies here and start to study the on May? I read from our school's refund policy that if I withdraw after 2 weeks of class (which will be on friday), they will get an amount from my tuition that I paid and return the remaining amount. I read that if I change to another university, I will just inform IRCC about it and submit my new LOA.
As long as you've already completed a full semester of studies with your current school, then you are fine to withdraw and switch. You just have to notify IRCC.

If you are a brand new student and have not completed at least a semester of studies at your current school, then you would need to obtain a new study permit to be able to switch schools if you withdraw.