+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just in case you haven’t sent your application , and still looking for answers.
please dont send it with Canada post.
I made a mistake to make single draft for me and my husband and sent the application by canada post in single courier with two express envelopes for return inside. The BLS didn’t care to even open my application, they returned it without accepting it, I lost more than a week in this process , and not to mention the extra work to get two separate DDs.
I always tell people this never works. BLS is after money and they will never accept ways for you to save some.

rdbmsdata

Jul 24, 2014
Hi , I have submitted my application for Indian passport submitted on 11 April 2024 but didn't get my certificate yet. After tracking it says surrender certificate is under review. However, I got surrender certificate for my wife and son in one week . Can anybody suggest if they face same issue.

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Hey group thanks for all your help!
My experience at surrey BLS:-
Staff was helpful and nice.
1) They throw away the extra pages of check list lol so only first page is required if you visit surrey office
2) no pick up service offered by them
3) charge around $60 for courier and fee is 117 (paid by debit card). Total i paid around $179.
4)i reached there at 7:20 and got free at 8:35am
5) it will take 2-3 weeks to get my cancelled passport in mail.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
$1.7 ke liye unko bolo ke photo paste karein ;)
If you are submitting in person, do not sign on the document.. Go there and sign off
Update from BLS Mississauga appointment:
1. Went at 12:30 for 12:40 appt, took us instantly.
2. Wait time was about 30 minutes.
3. Got photos clicked at the centre - interesting charges on the receipt - They charged $100 per person (premium service) for photos and courier!!! Photo cost was only $25 - they took an additional $15 for nothing at all! They only click photo for pasting on the application - so likely just 1 and not 2 because they did not give back anything. Amount paid - $118.4 application fee + $63.3 return courier + $36.7 photos = $218.4 per person (total = $436.8). Loot macha rakha hai.
4. Accepted all our documents and forms and gave us the tracking numbers. On the checklist, make sure to write the date you visit BLS not the Application Date.
5. BLS Mississauga does not offer pick up! Also, courier charges are now standardized to $60 (does not matter if it is out of province or not).
6. Your application form, fill in all details exactly as per passport, even the Emergency Contact as full name and address.

@abbas.pasha bhai, aapke time se kaafi badlav aaya hai service me. But one thing is good, if you get at least one service from them, they will accept your application as is.

Last edited:

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Update from BLS Mississauga appointment:
1. Went at 12:30 for 12:40 appt, took us instantly.
2. Wait time was about 30 minutes.
3. Got photos clicked at the centre - interesting charges on the receipt - They charged $100 per person (premium service) for photos and courier!!! Photo cost was only $25 - they took an additional $15 for nothing at all! They only click photo for pasting on the application - so likely just 1 and not 2 because they did not give back anything. Amount paid - $117.7 application fee + $63.3 courier + $37.2 photos = $218.2 per person (total = $436.4).
4. Accepted all our documents and forms and gave us the tracking numbers. On the checklist, make sure to write the date you visit BLS not the Application Date.
5. BLS Mississauga does not offer pick up! Also, courier charges are now standardized to $60 (does not matter if it is out of province or not).
6. Your application form, fill in all details exactly as per passport, even the Emergency Contact as full name and address.

@abbas.pasha bhai, aapke time se kaafi badlav aaya hai service me. But one thing is good, if you get at least one service from them, they will accept your application as is.
Hi Thank you for sharing experience. Can we take passport pictures outside of BLS. What are the specification for that because in checklist on BLS, it seems similar to OCI but wanted to cross check.
With you experience, it seems that BLS is keen to get our money by hook or crook and pushing us to pay for premium lounge even with small mistakes!!

Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi Thank you for sharing experience. Can we take passport pictures outside of BLS. What are the specification for that because in checklist on BLS, it seems similar to OCI but wanted to cross check.
With you experience, it seems that BLS is keen to get our money by hook or crook and pushing us to pay for premium lounge even with small mistakes!!
Specs for both OCI and SC are the same 2 X 2 and it is in the checklist. I just got mine clicked there because did not want to pay twice for same thing, if they had rejected the photos.

Yup Premium Lounge is the way to go if you want to get your application accepted. Pay, get service, leave.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I have to surrender my Indian passport. I noticed that I have to provide the copy of Canadian passport. Do I have to sign on page 3 of my Canadian passport?

If yes then how do you sign 3rd of page of Canadian passport where it says signature of bearer. Do I just simply write my name or regular signature which I use everywhere (Indian passport, bank, etc)

Please help me with this.
It is your signature from your Indian passport.

Provide copies of all documents from the checklist and self-attest.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Just checked the tracker for SC - application is on its way to CGI from BLS.

However, do I need to be concerned about my given middle name being mispelled on the tracker and receipt? @abbas.pasha @2017CanadaHo! please advise.
Check your application document, BLS just does the scan of the barcode on the top of application page to populate the application on there side
Check using the form that was updated last on Passport Seva website

Last edited:

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Check your application document, BLS just does the scan of the barcode on the top of application page to populate the application on there side
Check using the form that was updated last on Passport Seva website
The last updated form on Passport Seva has the correct name on it. I tripled checked everything before submitting.

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Anyone successful to submit surrender application at Mississauga office?
Our today's (4/30) surrender appointment reshcedule for Friday (5/3) due to passport application was not working :(

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Anyone successful to submit surrender application at Mississauga office?
Our today's (4/30) surrender appointment reshcedule for Friday (5/3) due to passport application was not working :(
Same thing happened to me at Brampton office. Our appointment was rescheduled to this Saturday because of the the application being down. Came to know about it only after reached there.