+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian parents Travelling to India with Canada born baby

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
Me and my wife came to Canada with Work permit. And my baby born here in Canada. Now we need to travel back to India. We applied Canadian passport to my new born but our travel will be soon in a month. Please advice on below questions:
1. What kind of Indian visa we can get it quickly?
2. Is it possible to get OCI card after reached India?
Thx...

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,
Me and my wife came to Canada with Work permit. And my baby born here in Canada. Now we need to travel back to India. We applied Canadian passport to my new born but our travel will be soon in a month. Please advice on below questions:
Thx...
I would say one of the quickest visa a Canadian citizen can get for india is an e-visa online. The length of stay is shorter than a regular visa but you do not have to send your passport in or anything. Once you get your childs passport back you do it all online and every time I have done it I received the visa within 24 hours. When you go to india you go to the e visa counter and show them your print out. Its simple and fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gopal88

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
I would say one of the quickest visa a Canadian citizen can get for india is an e-visa online. The length of stay is shorter than a regular visa but you do not have to send your passport in or anything. Once you get your childs passport back you do it all online and every time I have done it I received the visa within 24 hours. When you go to india you got to the e visa counter and show them your print out. Its simple and fast.
Thanks Friend,
I have another one question: Is it possible to get OCI when we reach India?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Canadian birth certificate and passport?
The Canadian website says Citizenship Certificate is needed for Canadian Passport application. But it says for new borns, even a provincial birth certificate is fine. So does that mean new borns never need a Citizenship Certificate ever and a Canadian passport is fine for future??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian website says Citizenship Certificate is needed for Canadian Passport application. But it says for new borns, even a provincial birth certificate is fine. So does that mean new borns never need a Citizenship Certificate ever and a Canadian passport is fine for future??
Your baby need to use the birth certificate to apply the Canadian passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is the child going to be born in Canada?

arionarc

Apr 4, 2024
Hi,
Thx...
Hey , Can you guide me on this.? I am in same situation. Is it okay to apply E-visa and stay for 3-4 months in India. How long it takes to get E-visa