File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's no way to easily or urgently check if you PR is still valid. If your husband reported the fact that your relationship fell apart to CIC - it's possible your PR status has been canceled. Also quite possible your PR status is still valid.

One way to check would be to simply travel to Canada as a PR and see what happens at the border.

You could also try applying for a PR Travel Document from your home country and see if it's issued (if it's issued, you're still a PR).

sara_i

Jun 29, 2017
Unfortunately there's no way to easily or urgently check if you PR is still valid. If your husband reported the fact that your relationship fell apart to CIC - it's possible your PR status has been canceled. Also quite possible your PR status is still valid.

One way to check would be to simply travel to Canada as a PR and see what happens at the border.

You could also try applying for a PR Travel Document from your home country and see if it's issued (if it's issued, you're still a PR).
Thanks a lot, dear Scylla for your useful reply. I have still a question. What if I apply for a PRTD but it isn't issued and they said it canceled? However, I don't think they cancel my PR without sending me any removal order (I have to say that I changed my address and because I didn't aware that this conditional PR would be eliminated, I didn't inform CIC of my new address. but they didn't send any email to me as well!). However, if the CIC has sent me removal order, the post office has returned back it to the CIC, so they know that I failed to receive it and they will give me this right to file an appeal at the IAD of the IRB, based on this link of CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2017/ob640.asp
what do you think? Can I repeal my PR if it was canceled?

Last edited:

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Thanks a lot, dear Scylla for your useful reply. I have still a question. What if I apply for a PRTD but it isn't issued and they said it canceled? However, I don't think they cancel my PR without sending me any removal order (I have to say that I changed my address and because I didn't aware that this conditional PR would be eliminated, I didn't inform CIC of my new address. but they didn't send any email to me as well!). However, if the CIC has sent me removal order, the post office has returned back it to the CIC, so they know that I failed to receive it and they will give me this right to file an appeal at the IAD of the IRB, based on this link of CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2017/ob640.asp
what do you think? Can I repeal my PR if it was canceled?
Hi Sara did you find out about your PR Status any news , did you apply for PRTD or did you travel to canada

please reply

Last edited:

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016

Dear Scylla could you please tell meaning of these below detail , i copy from CIC , i worry that my Wife has report to CIC that i return back to my country of residence , but i have not received any email from Cic ,or any letter , six month after i came back i ask my wife and she told me that she didnt do any thing but i cannot trust her .

The following persons are affected by the repeal of the conditional permanent residence:

• Permanent residents who have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) with a condition to cohabit with their sponsor for a period of two years and for whom the two-year period has not expired.
  • Permanent residents who are the subject of a report issued pursuant to subsection 44(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for failing to comply with the requirement to cohabit with their sponsor for a period of two years, who have not yet been referred for an Admissibility Hearing at the Immigration Division (ID) of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) pursuant to subsection A44(2) as well as those who have been referred but have not yet been issued a removal order.
  • Permanent residents who have been issued a removal order for failure to comply with the requirement to cohabit with their sponsor for a period of two years and have filed an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the IRB and for whom a decision has not been made on the appeal.

Reactions: Mairaj

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Hi. I went to Canadian Embassy in
india and got Refusel letter 2011 November. I appeal IAD cus I overstayed outside Canada and got denied in 2013 and got letter saying that I can appeal to federal government Canada. But I dI'd not Is that means I lost my canadian PR status.
Can I apply for the TRV Visa. To visit Canada.
Plz help me with this issue.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi. I went to Canadian Embassy in
india and got Refusel letter 2011 November. I appeal IAD cus I overstayed outside Canada and got denied in 2013 and got letter saying that I can appeal to federal government Canada. But I dI'd not Is that means I lost my canadian PR status.
Can I apply for the TRV Visa. To visit Canada.
Plz help me with this issue.
Hang on - 3 weeks ago you were a student in Ontario? Now you're applying for a visitor visa from India having been refused in 2011?

What?

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
No .. I was a PR holder of canada.. I dint
I overstayed out of canada. In 2011. I got denied for Travel Documents .. and I appeal (IAD) for entry back to Canada. . I got Refused and got the letter saying I can appeal to federal government Canada. . But I didn't. . 2018 I applyed for TRV visa. I don't know am I a PR holder or not. Will I get TRV VISA ...to visit Canada.

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Hang on - 3 weeks ago you were a student in Ontario? Now you're applying for a visitor visa from India having been refused in 2011?

What?
I overstayed out of canada. In 2011. I got denied for Travel Documents .. and I appeal (IAD) for entry back to Canada. . I got Refused and got the letter saying I can appeal to federal government Canada. . But I didn't. . 2018 I applyed for TRV visa. I don't know am I a PR holder or not. Will I get

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The fact you didn't continue with a judicial review (Federal appeal) means that IRCC (CIC) went ahead and revoked your PR status. If you apply for a TRV and get one, it's a pretty good indication you are no longer a PR of Canada. If you are a PR still (doubtful), they will advise you that you are not eligible for TRV.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
I overstayed out of canada. In 2011. I got denied for Travel Documents .. and I appeal (IAD) for entry back to Canada. . I got Refused and got the letter saying I can appeal to federal government Canada. . But I didn't. . 2018 I applyed for TRV visa. I don't know am I a PR holder or not. Will I get TRV VISA ...to visit Canada.
Hi
I am student in Canada. . Ontario.
Can I sponsor my sister on a dependent Visa. . And can they work in Canada legally. Peas

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
You are not a PR. Whether you will get a TRV is another question.

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
The fact you didn't continue with a judicial review (Federal appeal) means that IRCC (CIC) went ahead and revoked your PR status. If you apply for a TRV and get one, it's a pretty good indication you are no longer a PR of Canada. If you are a PR still (doubtful), they will advise you that you are not eligible for TRV.
Thanks a lot for Your kindly advice.
Please tell me.
If I don't get TRV and come to know by them I am still PR holder of canada. What should I do after. Please advice me.. and other side if I am not PR holder anymore will I get TRV visa to visit Canada as a tourist.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If I don't get TRV and come to know by them I am still PR holder of canada. What should I do after.
That's probably getting way ahead of yourself and I wouldn't hold my breath that is the case. It is highly unlikely, especially since you appealed and didn't follow through, that you are still a permanent resident. There is a minute (really, really, really, nearly imperceptible) chance that IRCC didn't follow through, but it is highly unlikely. All I am saying is that if you were still a PR, they would send you notification of it when you apply for TRV.

As for a TRV, success in getting one will depend on the strength of your application, same as everyone else that applies.

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
That's probably getting way ahead of yourself and I wouldn't hold my breath that is the case. It is highly unlikely, especially since you appealed and didn't follow through, that you are still a permanent resident. There is a minute (really, really, really, nearly imperceptible) chance that IRCC didn't follow through, but it is highly unlikely. All I am saying is that if you were still a PR, they would send you notification of it when you apply for TRV.

As for a TRV, success in getting one will depend on the strength of your application, same as everyone else that applies.
Thanks
I really appreciate you help
Thanks a lot

Atleast I will come to know my status..
I filed TRV on 7 of Jan. 2018 it's 24 day process I will let u know what will happen. . I am keeping my fingers cross.
Let hope for good..

Thanks a again.