+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi I am mbbs graduate from india and doing ms anatomy from government institute in India , I want to settle in Canada what are the ways ?

Cunningham

Sep 22, 2023
Hi I am mbbs graduate from india and doing ms anatomy from government institute in India , I want to settle in Canada what are the ways ?

Cunningham

Sep 22, 2023
What are the career options in Canada after doing mbbs md anatomy from india??
Please guide thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are the career options in Canada after doing mbbs md anatomy from india??
Please guide thanks in advance
You will have to do some research as you will need to look at any licensing requirements. Most doctors never practice again when they immigrate. So look at whether you can even practice in Canada.

Cunningham

Sep 22, 2023
You will have to do some research as you will need to look at any licensing requirements. Most doctors never practice again when they immigrate. So look at whether you can even practice in Canada.
What do you mean my that , " doctors who immigrate don't practice in Canada" ...then what do they do other than that ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
they would need to pass licensing exams and then secure a residency spot in Canada. Securing a residency spot as an IMG is very difficult. There is huge demand for limited spots and usually only residencies available are those that are not popular with Canadian medical students. If they wanted to become a pathologist for example then there may a chance at securing a residency. If you wanted to secure a radiology residency chances would be essentially zero.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do you mean my that , " doctors who immigrate don't practice in Canada" ...then what do they do other than that ??
Most immigrants who were doctors never practice again because of the residency requirements. They start from scratch so many don’t. They may work in low paying jobs. Some go back to school in Canada to get education to work in healthcare (nurses, PSWs). Research teaching as a lecturer at a Canadian medical school Most likely you need to be licensed to practice and have Canadian work experience.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Teaching in medical College as lecturer
[/QUOTE

That is very unlikely to be possible in Canada. Most lecturers will have PhDs in anatomy at it is very difficult to secure positions in academia at the university level because Canada only has a small amount of universities and medical schools. Practicing physicians also lecture medical students on a part-time basis but typically only lecture for short period of time per year while still practicing medicine ant a teaching hospital and only lecture about their specialty. You could attempt to apply to teach part of a college curriculum related to something like practical nursing but I don’t even know if they hire anatomy teachers and whether it would be a full-time position. You would face competition from others with PhD students and college professors don’t get paid very well and most take on multiple jobs because they aren’t hire as full-time permanent positions at colleges.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most immigrants who were doctors never practice again because of the residency requirements. They start from scratch so many don’t. They may work in low paying jobs. Some go back to school in Canada to get education to work in healthcare (nurses, PSWs). Research teaching as a lecturer at a Canadian medical school Most likely you need to be licensed to practice and have Canadian work experience.
Most IMGs don’t practice medicine in Canada because they can’t secure a residency spot. There are only a limited amount of residency spots leftover after the Canadian medical graduates match with a residency spot. Many IMGs leave Canada if they want to still practice medicine, go back to school (often a masters degree) or work in other fields. You rarely see doctors becoming things like PSWs except maybe temporarily. Most leave Canada if they can’t secure a decent career.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why do you think Doctors drive taxis here in Canada? Stay where you are, much easier
This isn’t the 80/90s. IMGs no longer drive taxis/uber unless they want to. There are even programs that help IMGs explore other career opportunities. Some new immigrants may drive Uber as they prepare for their licensing exams but rarely for the rest of their lives if they know English or French. One exception may be older physicians who also don’t walk English or French. Hard for most in their 50s/60s to come to Canada and start a professional career unless being transferred by their employer. Especially hard without language skills. Do agree with the recommendation not to come to Canada. May be possible to teach at the post secondary level in India but very unlikely to be possible to teach in Canada

Cunningham

Sep 22, 2023
Is Mrcs uk and Mrcs Canada same or different
After mbbs graduate from india and Mrcs qualified and post mbbs work experience, how many chances are there to survive