+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
Just a quick question to anyone that has gone through this same situation before my friend got a refusal on his work permit but he has a ppra ongoing and has just been denied his H$C so he is wondering why they denied his work permit since he has a ppra ongoing can anyone relate to this please?

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Just a quick question to anyone that has gone through this same situation before my friend got a refusal on his work permit but he has a ppra ongoing and has just been denied his H$C so he is wondering why they denied his work permit since he has a ppra ongoing can anyone relate to this please?
They might have made a decision on his PPRA before H&C because is the same officer that is handling his both application. H&C and PRRA. Tell him to ask his lawyer about his PPRA. Or he can call CBSA by himself. The officer that refused his work permit already knew his decision on his H&C and PPRA.

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
They might have made a decision on his PPRA before H&C because is the same officer that is handling his both application. H&C and PRRA. Tell him to ask his lawyer about his PPRA. Or he can call CBSA by himself. The officer that refused his work permit already knew his decision on his H&C and PPRA.
@Jambol same thing I told him but he said he just spoke to the lawyer and he said he didn't get any decision about his ppra yet so we are both confused about the whole situation

MitGup

Nov 27, 2021
My parents have a file that’s in process with PRRA and Humanitarian. They received a medical request letter around 3-4 weeks ago and they submitted it immediately. But we haven’t heard anything back ever since. Should I be concerned? Can the application still get rejected? My brother and I are both PR here. ?

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
My parents have a file that’s in process with PRRA and Humanitarian. They received a medical request letter around 3-4 weeks ago and they submitted it immediately. But we haven’t heard anything back ever since. Should I be concerned? Can the application still get rejected? My brother and I are both PR here. ?
It's a good sign of approval but hope for the best.

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Please if any one know the process of Reconsideration, and how long it will take for decision,
We wrote a cover letter to the office that refused our application imploring them to reconsider their decision with lots of supporting evidence. Our application was refused on October 20th 2022 and we request for reconsideration November 10th 2022....aip came April 18th 2023 and Ecopr July 13th 2023. Ours took 8 months all together. Hope this helps.

S H S

Aug 18, 2023
Hi Everyone
I have an application, received in October 2022 and in process starting April 2023. Last week, I called them and the lady said, your security background check is in process but the eligibility has not started yet.
I am wondering if they check eligibility first or security background check?