+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
This message is what I received from IRCC, has anyone here ever gotten this or know if anyone who received such letter. Any advise would be appreciated, I am worried.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in ______ for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This message is what I received from IRCC, has anyone here ever gotten this or know if anyone who received such letter. Any advise would be appreciated, I am worried.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Typically this means there are some concerns about your application. Anything unusual about your application / situation?

Reactions: YVR123

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
I have a removal order, I was in detention for one week but I’m out on bail, my partner received approval letter and I was awaiting mine as I’ve submitted everything already but this is what they said most recent. Do you know what the procedure will be from here and a timeline of such ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
It won't help on your case on knowing what happened on others.
This is the first step for further assessment as noted in the email.
The officer could re-assess the information provided. He/she can request more information. He/she can also request for an interview.
There are many possibility on transfer for further assessment.
One thing tho is that your case is now out of the regular process timeline. So it may not be process within the average processing time.

And your title is a bit misleading. A lot of applications are transferred to different office. (e.g. most outland ones to local offices)
But it's different for Etobicoke .

Last edited:

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
The officer could re-assess the information provided. He/she can request more information. He/she can also request for an interview.
One thing tho is that your case is now out of the regular process timeline. So it may not be process within the average processing time.
Okay thanks for the information, so basically I won’t be hearing from them anytime soon then. And as for my removal order I’m screwed.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Question, I am 5 months into my 10 months processing for this spiral sponsorship. With my file now being sent to another office are you saying it might take way more than the average 10 months and I won’t be hearing from that office soon ?
I tried to defer a removal order before and they denied it, this is my 6th one but I’ll appeal again. I was actually arrested and held in immigration detention for awhile but I got bail and I’m doing weekly reporting now.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Question, I am 5 months into my 10 months processing for this spiral sponsorship. With my file now being sent to another office are you saying it might take way more than the average 10 months and I won’t be hearing from that office soon ?
I tried to defer a removal order before and they denied it, this is my 6th one but I’ll appeal again. I was actually arrested and held in immigration detention for awhile but I got bail and I’m doing weekly reporting now.
I really don't know when I comes to removal order. maybe others can help. And the 10 months timeline doesn't apply to you. yes.

Reactions: Amiah_world

Bains86

Aug 19, 2018

And your title is a bit misleading. A lot of applications are transferred to different office. (e.g. most outland ones to local offices)
But it's different for Etobicoke .
Hello
Can you plz help me out
My trp application with criminal rehab transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke after one year of submission
I ordered gcms notes reason is not mentioned in that
Do you have any idea what could be the reason ? And how long they take to process plz ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
Can you plz help me out
My trp application with criminal rehab transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke after one year of submission
I ordered gcms notes reason is not mentioned in that
Do you have any idea what could be the reason ? And how long they take to process plz ?
I have no idea. I have no experience with criminal rehab.